Rose tico. Why? Just why?

G20
132 posts Member
Dear CG,

Hello, I believe I speak for everyone in the swgoh nation.

Please delete the useless toon Rose Tico.

Sincerely

G20

Replies

• Options
    And give us super man Leia instead
  • DocileHoneybadger
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    G20 wrote: »

You totally don’t.

Sorry to shatter your beliefs.

;)
  • Options

You totally don’t.

It's a joke my guy, relax
  • Options

You totally don’t.

It's a joke my guy, relax

Hehe. “Sorry to shatter your beliefs” wasn’t a strong enough indication of a return joke? I’ll add a smiley

;)
  • BenTschee
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I realy believe that Disney forced CG to bring Rose into the game.
    And to show us that the devs dont like this character as well, they made her kit this ****...
    But just my guess.
  • Options
    She's not that bad if you max her.
  • Options
    I hope she's needed for an event, and anything less then 7 stars, zetad and g12 won't do. Then they could release a pack for a bargain £40 to help you gear her up quickly ;)
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Who?
    What if we all agreed to never mention her name again? Maybe that way she finally disappears.
  • Options
    I like rose. I farmed her and holdo when they came out and use them on offence in GA/TW effectively every event
  • Options
    My GA opponent has a g12 Rose that he uses on his arena team lol.
  • Options
    I can't understand all the hate on Rose's character. I mean, the sequels (and the characters included) are the part of Star Wars that I like least of all, but come on. Her backstory is even more profound than Rey's, she's not a Mary Sue and has an understandable reason to fight. She might be a little naive, but still one of of the more interesting sequel characters.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I can't understand all the hate on Rose's character. I mean, the sequels (and the characters included) are the part of Star Wars that I like least of all, but come on. Her backstory is even more profound than Rey's, she's not a Mary Sue and has an understandable reason to fight. She might be a little naive, but still one of of the more interesting sequel characters.

I think one of the main reasons why people don't like her is that the 8th episode clearly sends a signal that her character was chosen -how to put it in the least offensive way- for non-movie related reasons. She's there to send a message, she's there so that the company can keep a favourable image on it's entire market. But that's about the whole thing she does for the movie: she is there.

You could cut her entire story arc and the movie wouldn't change. All her scenes are simply fillers. As much as people call Rey a Mary Sue, or Kylo a whiny, emo copy of a wannabe Vader, at least their arc is what defines the movie.
    Rose is obviously not one of the main characters, but that shouldn't render all her scenes senseless and forgettable. In the OT, Lando is more of a secondary character, yet you couldn't really cut him from the movies, could you? Now, you can't really say the same about any scene of Finn and Rose in the Last Jedi.
  • Options

I think one of the main reasons why people don't like her is that the 8th episode clearly sends a signal that her character was chosen -how to put it in the least offensive way- for non-movie related reasons. She's there to send a message, she's there so that the company can keep a favourable image on it's entire market. But that's about the whole thing she does for the movie: she is there.

You could cut her entire story arc and the movie wouldn't change. All her scenes are simply fillers. As much as people call Rey a Mary Sue, or Kylo a whiny, emo copy of a wannabe Vader, at least their arc is what defines the movie.
    Rose is obviously not one of the main characters, but that shouldn't render all her scenes senseless and forgettable. In the OT, Lando is more of a secondary character, yet you couldn't really cut him from the movies, could you? Now, you can't really say the same about any scene of Finn and Rose in the Last Jedi.

Finn's about to escape (again), rose bring him back and give him the reason to keep fighting.
    They are young, eager to do something, but without support from the veterans. They planned, they tried, they failed, doesnt mean they are just "there".
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

Finn's about to escape (again), rose bring him back and give him the reason to keep fighting.
    They are young, eager to do something, but without support from the veterans. They planned, they tried, they failed, doesnt mean they are just "there".

The point is, Episode 8 would be exactly the same without them. Trial and error approach would have been suitable for Rey, to show that she is not just an almighty new character that succeds on first try at everything with no training. They could have used it to make her character more sympathetic and to eliminate the ridiculous plot armor around her.

Instead, we got an inconsistent Finn, that one moment runs away, then plays the hero, then tries to run away again, a Rey that is never failing at anything and a Rose that throws Finn's arc even further in the dirt.

Finn could have redeemed his cowardly nature, had he managed to sacrifice himself to take down the FO's super weapon. Instead, after already screwing up the first mission, Rose decides that the best way to help the resistance is to expose them even more just to save Finn. Because of love. Would be a valid reason if their romance wasn't slimmer than the one between Padme and Anakin in the prequels.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    She's not that bad if you max her.

But she's still a terrible character all around
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Options
    She will be needed for the next FO/Resistance toon released when the next movie comes out. At least that’s what I tell myself when I wonder why I took her to 7 stars.