Grand Arena Records...

TimmyHutch
185 posts Member
edited April 2019
If I have taken 2nd place in 2 grand arenas (2 wins and 1 loss in those particular GA's), and won every other one (3 wins and 0 losses), does anybody know what my overall record would be? Also, feel free to list your record in grand arena as well! I'm curious to know how everybody is doing with it and if you're enjoying it as much as I do? It's my favorite part of the game!

Replies

• Options
    1 for however many there have been. I played the first week and then haven't played it since because it lacks crystals and shop currency. Without either of those I have no motivation to participate.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    1 for however many there have been. I played the first week and then haven't played it since because it lacks crystals and shop currency. Without either of those I have no motivation to participate.

Can get enough gold mod salvage (36) for almost 2 full 6e slices...
  • Options
    Yep, mod upgrade mats, zetas, eyeballs... Hrm, I have loved all the rewards so far tbh.

Gearing GK at the same time as the initial GAs ran was awesome and likely saved a few weeks.
  • Options
    Best event if you like to 6e your mods. Gear is always nice, as are zetas and omegas. Outside of the Scanners last week, I haven't seen anything I haven't been able to use, but the best part is certainly getting enough mod salvage to 6E two or three mods without an energy spend.

Really helped me optimize mods for the new meta.
  • Options
    The gear drops tbh has been disappointing since the reduced rewards. But they made up with more mod material which helps i guess. Cant have too many of those when u need a total of 2400 each of those 50-per-6E-mod salvages to do up your whole fleet, and that’s assuming one pilot per ship.
  • Options
    Lol, rewards are horrid for the time suck , nice try at justification lol
  • Whatelse73
    2185 posts Member
    Options
    It is good practice for attacks against meta teams if your arena is mostly JKR. 3v3 is also good for strategizing and trying to come up with teams. The rewards are pretty cool. Some rewards are better than others of course.

This current GA I had 2 of my 3 opponents not even bother to attack. One had his defense auto-filled. I lost my first match in a tie because his GP was higher (which is dumb. If I'm the underdog and tie, it should be a win for me.)

Seems there are quite a few players who just dump defense in, let it autofill, or don't spend much time on it. So, at the least you get something for participating and those that want to spend the time winning can do so.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards are not that bad for time put in....takes 2 mins to set defense and maybe 15 to attack....works for me
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Kokie wrote: »
    Rewards are not that bad for time put in....takes 2 mins to set defense and maybe 15 to attack....works for me
    Takes longer than that at lower GP levels where you are resource constrained.

Kind funny that this thread has casually derailed from "records" to rewards. :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

how long it takes is probably mostly a personal choice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Sure. I can choose to do it quickly and lose or do it properly and have a shot at winning.
  • Options
    @TimmyHutch to answer the question you asked, we need to figure out the total number of GAs we've had. I believe that to be 9. (Someone will jump to correct that if it's wrong.) Therefore your overall record would be 25-2.
    Solid!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Sure. I can choose to do it quickly and lose or do it properly and have a shot at winning.

that's the same at every GP level, the higher ones just have to clear more teams.
  • Options

that's the same at every GP level, the higher ones just have to clear more teams.

That's not quite true, I was around 1.9mil GP when grand arena started and it was rare for an opponent to even bother attacking. I'm at 2.4mil now and only once has an opponent even cleared a zone of mine, the lower GP ranges are full of filthy casuals.

I don't have to prioritise efficiency, I just have to get it done. It's kind of worrying - as my GP rises I assume soon I'll have to start actually strategising and I'm not practiced in it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

That's not quite true, I was around 1.9mil GP when grand arena started and it was rare for an opponent to even bother attacking. I'm at 2.4mil now and only once has an opponent even cleared a zone of mine, the lower GP ranges are full of filthy casuals.

I don't have to prioritise efficiency, I just have to get it done. It's kind of worrying - as my GP rises I assume soon I'll have to start actually strategising and I'm not practiced in it.

I don't know whether people chosing to spend less time on GA proves my point or disproves my point because due to others not spending alot of time on GA some don't need to spend alot of time on GA. haha
    in the 3.9m - 4.2m region there are casuals aswell, 8 times my opponent didn't even bother attacking and my board has only been cleared 5 times total out of the 28 GA rounds.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Lost 3 matches total, all severely overpowered by the opponent due to matchmaking. I don't mind though. While fading a bit, still having a blast.
  • Options
    The game should of course show this in some sort of place for stats. I mean, they track every arena victory so...
  • Options
    Unbeaten so far. DR saved me in the final round this time.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options

I'm in the 3.4 mil GP range and this last time around only 1 of my opponents even tried to attack and he couldn't even beat my KRU First Order team.
  • Options
    I'm at 1.6 gp.

Just won overall 1st in GA for first time. Normally win one, one a points win or lose and get flattened in one.

This time, all 3 posted defence, but only 1 offense. I took points win in that as we both took one front territory and one back one before burning out on the top squad on the other side.

Was awaiting defeat in the following 2 rounds as only took a few teams and not many territories...but the attack never came