Could Grievous Droids Receive Tweaks?

Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
As the title says. The separatist droids and GG are about 1000% better than they were before, but there are some very notable weaknesses, some of which were designed to fit around HK-47’s former leadership ability (such as B1 and droideka not critting). I’m not discussing whether I think the HK lead nerf was good or bad, I’m saying that now that it has been changed, there is no point in not changing the other droids as the team would no longer be broken.

Additionally, there are many glaring weaknesses in many of the separatist droid’s kits, especially B1. B1 is absolutely decimated by plague, and if he is targeted in a battle at any point by a mass assist (particularly with JKR lead), it’s pretty much game over. Some other examples would be the amount of damage GG does to droid allies (particulary B1) GG’s lack of anti-Jedi abilities, and pretty much IG-100’s entire kit.

I know all of these have probably been brought up at one point or another, but I’m merely listing some of them for those who are unaware. Regardless, the point still stands; now that HK’s “broken” leader ability is gone and we’ve had some time to look again at how disappointing this team is, what’s the possibility that they’ll be tweaked (assuming another full scale rework is out of the question) or that they’ll receive new additions to their ranks in the near future? (Looking at you commando droid)

Replies

• Options
    Swap in BB8 for Magnaguard and they do well enough.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

You are right about that, but BB-8 can be used much more efficiently in other teams (in game modes like territory war and GA). Even still, there remain huge design flaws in the droids kits which need to be (and also can easily be) addressed. Either way, I see no reason why a full squad of separatist shouldn’t be able to do well on their own.
    evoluza wrote: »

This has no place here.

Also this^^^
  • Ethsh_Camon
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I agree with the OP. I want to like these droids, and I am farming them, and I put a zeta on grievous lead. I want to like the droid seppies! But B1 is just way too bad with grievous. I understand what CG was going for making grievous damage his allies, but god **** it just doesnt work for B1. I've had fights in GA where my B1 doesnt get hit once and he still dies before the end of the fight just because of grievous! To be fair I dont have the B1 zeta, but its still a little ridiculous that grievous can eat through 50 stacks so quickly.
    Edit; in case you're wondering if maybe my mods just suck, I intentionally put low speed mods with high hp on grievous and tried to stack as much offence and speed on B1 as possible.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I agree they need some tweaks, they are a C team at best. Maxed out they can beat some stuff but they need some more love.
    Being immune to plague, GG not killing B1, B1 now being able to crit as HK has been reworked and Magna guard needs some serious love!
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options
    I think the only really big problem was that b1 doesn't actually die. If it were a die/revive effect, then grievous unique zeta would make more sense, and it would force the opponent to carefully attack to avoid feeding him turns.
  • Options
    Grievous needs either increased base damage or base speed. Also the B1 could use some restrictions on how many droid battalions it can lose in one turn. Still I'm going to wait for 7* B1 and Droideka before passing a final verdict. At the very least, sep droids are a fun team to use, though I won't throw zetas at them any time soon.

Also I've been using both Dooku and an underpowered Ventress under a grievous lead, works well enough. I also haven't unlocked him yet but Nute Gunray might work well in a grievous lead, especially with an added r2, although the latter is not a seperatist.

All in all I'm excited rather than unhappy with the rework, and clearly CG is not done with seperatists yet, they might very well become arena worthy down the road. Grievous' kit and seperatists in general have alot of potential, I feel they're just missing an essential toon or two. Commando droid maybe, or commando b1, or maybe even rocket b2.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Grievous needs either increased base damage or base speed. Also the B1 could use some restrictions on how many droid battalions it can lose in one turn. Still I'm going to wait for 7* B1 and Droideka before passing a final verdict. At the very least, sep droids are a fun team to use, though I won't throw zetas at them any time soon.

Also I've been using both Dooku and an underpowered Ventress under a grievous lead, works well enough. I also haven't unlocked him yet but Nute Gunray might work well in a grievous lead, especially with an added r2, although the latter is not a seperatist.

All in all I'm excited rather than unhappy with the rework, and clearly CG is not done with seperatists yet, they might very well become arena worthy down the road. Grievous' kit and seperatists in general have alot of potential, I feel they're just missing an essential toon or two. Commando droid maybe, or commando b1, or maybe even rocket b2.

Also GG's unique should have an exception for B1 when damaging droid allies. Maybe new characters like the BX commando droid, T-series tactical droid, B2 rocket trooper or even Admiral Trench can make the Seps more viable.

Also GG's unique should have an exception so that it doesn't damage any of his allies, imo this is the most poorly designed aspect of his kit and it is what make the team so.... not good.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I hate how this kind of stuff always gets put in the character feedback section...