Easiest way to build up shard shop currency

I have all 3 shops (galactic war, cantina, and squad arena) finished but I have a hard time building up currency in shard shop. My cantina tokens go to ship currency to buy mods, squad tokens for credit bundles and only my galactic war tokens go for shard currency. There is always gear there I need but I'm always short on currency.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    So stop buying mods for a while. Mod store is only worth it for rare, ideal stat combos. Otherwise you are better off energy farming and sorting through the chaff.
  • Options
    I blow my ally points every day. That usually nets me a heap of shards that I convert.

Also, all the weekend events like assault battles usually give you a pile of stuff to convert as well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i use all 3 shops to buy shards. The ship credits don't seem like a good deal to me and i have no normal credit shortage.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    i use all 3 shops to buy shards. The ship credits don't seem like a good deal to me and i have no normal credit shortage.

This.

I dont see either credit as a worthy exchange for the gear I can almost always buy in the shard shop.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    I buy credits when I see a sweet mod only to regret it later because I’ll never proc speed ever
  • Options
    The best values are for the Fleet shards in Cantina and GW. Buy Cassians Uwing every chance (best dupe purchase value) and 3 ships from GW everyday. I still purchase Capital Prestige tokens from arena
  • Options
    Cantina, gw, bronziums and tank/rancor are enough for me to maintain a single item farm from shard shop. I use squad arena to farm prestige until i have enough saved for a new cap ship.

When we have shard friendly events like the rebel one and i find myself up to 6kish currency i start preemptively buying other g11 pieces that i know i need in quantity but don't need right this second for my current project. Once i get back around 2k i go back to only buying one gear type.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Bingo. I only buy ship credits if I'm a little short and need a boost. I never buy normal credits.

Otherwise it's cassian's u-wing for shard currency. GW is just stockpiling and squad is still cap ship ability mats.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I have all 3 shops (galactic war, cantina, and squad arena) finished but I have a hard time building up currency in shard shop. My cantina tokens go to ship currency to buy mods, squad tokens for credit bundles and only my galactic war tokens go for shard currency. There is always gear there I need but I'm always short on currency.

I promise I’m not trolling or trying to be glib, but honestly the answer is to farm EVERY character and ship. Most of my shard shop currency comes from the various Assault Battles. Every time one of those pops up I get something like a thousand shardbucks.

Also farm Hermit Yoda and Wampa. Once you have them at 7* you can buy gear from that store with impunity.
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    The best values are for the Fleet shards in Cantina and GW. Buy Cassians Uwing every chance (best dupe purchase value) and 3 ships from GW everyday. I still purchase Capital Prestige tokens from arena

Cassian’s U-Wing for sure since you get 5 blueprints per purchase. GW ships are still a little more of a value than characters, but since you get 76 shard shop bucks (4x19) you’re only getting one extra buck per. So while it’s more, it’s not noticeably more—but every but counts!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also wanted to add, once you are done with all the cantina table toons, you can also farm a node with both a toon and a ship on it to build up extra currency.
  • Options
    My cantina tokens go to ship currency to buy mods.

I don’t understand this
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Also wanted to add, once you are done with all the cantina table toons, you can also farm a node with both a toon and a ship on it to build up extra currency.

3-F, baby! 10 energy, Kylo Ren and Silencer!

That said, dang, man... It takes so goddamned long. I've been playing since February 2016 and still have 10 characters left from cantina nodes...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Cantina farms are all done and Omega drop rates are abysmal so farm KRU and his ship for more shard shop currency.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

3-F, baby! 10 energy, Kylo Ren and Silencer!

That said, dang, man... It takes so goddamned long. I've been playing since February 2016 and still have 10 characters left from cantina nodes...

You have to refresh cantina energy. If you are still farming those characters after this long, you haven't bought enough energy!
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    OP asks Easiest way to build up shard shop currency

Don't spend any. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

unless its Cassians u-wing in the cantina store, cause then you get 5 ship shards instead of 4 which is a better deal
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

unless its Cassians u-wing in the cantina store, cause then you get 5 ship shards instead of 4 which is a better deal

I always buy blueprints when available, it's a better deal in the GW store aswell.
    I just referred to them as shards since it was about the shard store. I guess i should have said that i use all 3 shops to generate shard store tokens.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    My cantina tokens go to ship currency to buy mods.

I don’t understand this

You can buy fleet credits from the Cantina Battles store (top left slot - 400 cantina battle tokens for 84k fleet credits). He's using his cantina currency to buy fleet credits to buy mods from the mod store. It's not a good exchange rate though.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

100% This. Kylo umasked and his silencer at 10 cantina energy per attempt keep me rolling in the shard shop currency.
  • Options
    I get a decent amount from bronziums. I spend 150 Crystal's a day plus my daily energies and that usually gives me around 4k in all points. I dont always get character unlocks but sometimes I can get some. That galactic war and cantinas is where mine comes from. Squad arena is usually for prestige though