Malak without Mission

I have seen the question a few times deep in that various threads but I don’t have seen an answer ....

Is it possible to get Malak without Mission (T3 instead of course)
Has it someone done? Is there a vid? Which strategy?

Thanks ...

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnald did it without T3. I think Mission is a detriment because she drops DoTs which causes Malak to give her fear. She also does damage to Malak when you don't want to. The whole strategy revolve around avoiding Darth Malak. His damage is minimal as long as you keep killing droids to prevent enrage. That gives you time to stack up several armor shreds on him. If Mission assists every time Zaalbar armor shreds Malak it drops his health too quickly. Then he drains the life out of one of the Jedi suspended in the tanks, and you're in trouble.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ahnald did it without T3. I think Mission is a detriment because she drops DoTs which causes Malak to give her fear. She also does damage to Malak when you don't want to. The whole strategy revolve around avoiding Darth Malak. His damage is minimal as long as you keep killing droids to prevent enrage. That gives you time to stack up several armor shreds on him. If Mission assists every time Zaalbar armor shreds Malak it drops his health too quickly. Then he drains the life out of one of the Jedi suspended in the tanks, and you're in trouble.

I agree and disagree at the same time. Mission assisting Z also helps to drop the side droids much faster to help control the buff easier. You can still avoid malak 90 percent of the time with mission assisting. The only time she will hit malak is when Z armor shreds. Occasionally Z has to hit malak cuz of taunt. However if you have your turn order right then basty can give malak buff immunity.

So yes she does make you have to think more about when and how to attack but overall I think she helps more than t3 would.
  • Options

She also allows to kill droids/tanks quickly, and helps to kill Malak in the end because either you hit him hard or he would heal endlessly. Mission is not more useless then others. Some if my guildmates did it without Mission, other without Z, third without t3... Just jedi are irreplacable)
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

She also allows to kill droids/tanks quickly, and helps to kill Malak in the end because either you hit him hard or he would heal endlessly. Mission is not more useless then others. Some if my guildmates did it without Mission, other without Z, third without t3... Just jedi are irreplacable)

Well she was already dead when I got to the point of needing to damage Malak, because she's not particularly good for the event with the Zeta for the reasons I mentioned. If you mod Revan, and Bastila for damage and stack armor shreds you don't need her. She makes it harder to set up.
  • Options

Well she was already dead when I got to the point of needing to damage Malak, because she's not particularly good for the event with the Zeta for the reasons I mentioned. If you mod Revan, and Bastila for damage and stack armor shreds you don't need her. She makes it harder to set up.

I lost only Z at the very end and dont remember any trouble caused by my Mission. Fear problem is solved the same way it is solved for crit hit and assist though armor shread is not that often. And without her I would defititely end up with lack of damage to kill Malak and I kill half of the droids hord by calling Z and Mission both to assist by Bastilla/Johlee...
    Different teams - different experience)
  • Options
    To all other which try it without Mission. I finally got it. Pretty same kill as Analdt at his vid. Same Strategy, same mod preference.
    People talk enough about strategy till the point the last Jedi is dead.
    But what about after? In my mind there is not really a strategy, there is luck ... What you need is a hit which is big enough to bring him that far under 50% his incoming heal will not bring him above 50%
    That’s easy said but really painful. I had 5 stacks armor shred at Malak, Zaalbar and T3 already dead. Revan Mark Malak (already in Enrage) and all 3 does a big crit (yes, I don’t let Malak eat the Crit Immunity Jedi).

• Options
    Steapa95 wrote: »
    To all other which try it without Mission. I finally got it. Pretty same kill as Analdt at his vid. Same Strategy, same mod preference.
    People talk enough about strategy till the point the last Jedi is dead.
    But what about after? In my mind there is not really a strategy, there is luck ... What you need is a hit which is big enough to bring him that far under 50% his incoming heal will not bring him above 50%
    That’s easy said but really painful. I had 5 stacks armor shred at Malak, Zaalbar and T3 already dead. Revan Mark Malak (already in Enrage) and all 3 does a big crit (yes, I don’t let Malak eat the Crit Immunity Jedi).

Completely agree. It's a pure random. I did more than 20 attempts with 5 armor shred stacks - all of them failed. After that i did 5 or 6 atempts with 7 stacks - and the last one was sucessful. It took more than 8 hours, the hardest event ever.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

I lost only Z at the very end and dont remember any trouble caused by my Mission. Fear problem is solved the same way it is solved for crit hit and assist though armor shread is not that often. And without her I would defititely end up with lack of damage to kill Malak and I kill half of the droids hord by calling Z and Mission both to assist by Bastilla/Johlee...
    Different teams - different experience)

I used her as well. She can do great damage to the droids. The question was whether the event is impossible without her. It isn't. I was pointing out why she isn't mandatory, and actually isn't perfect. For me she sat useless under fear the whole time until she died. A very quick remodding of Revan/Bastila is all the offense you need. She is certainly serviceable, but so is T3.
  • Options
    I’ve been using T3, I’ve also been trying for the last 9 hours to do it and I have only managed to get Malak into red health once. I’m about ready to give up.
  • Options
    I did it with t3 instead of mission. I actually found t3 to be incredibly helpful. His dispell and cleanse (to remove shock usually on zalbar) was very helpful at clutch times.

When using this lineup, I recommend prioritizing offense on: revan, t3, Bastila. Offense/protection on zalbar. And as much speed as you can possibly give to bindo. Offense is key with this lineup. But once you get it setup properly, it's fairly easy to do.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    what speed did you have after those mods were assigned mayaddy??
  • Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    what speed did you have after those mods were assigned mayaddy??

Bindo was 250+
    Revan was 234 with around 800 offense.
    Bastila was 225 ish with 500 offense.
    T3 was 240 ish with 300 offense.
    Zalbar was 200 ish with full six dot offense set with lots of protection secondary. Protection circle cross triangle.
  • Options
    Because not everyone has her at the event requirements maybe ?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    Mission is quite valuable, I dont see why anyone wouldnt want to use her with big z. Should make the fight easy

Because you have to avoid damaging Malak as much as possible until you get armor shreds stacked on him. With the Zeta she will assist Big Z on those which you really don't want. She also crits a ton, and lays down DoTs on basic which means she is sitting there with fear preventing her from doing anything a lot.

Zaalbar with lots of speed makes it easy. Modding Revan and Bastila with offense sets makes it easy. Mission is just ok. She isn't key to winning. Zaalbar is the key honestly.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    thank you so much MayAddy622! it worked! stressful but it worked! also sort of
    followed ahnalds strategy too. so glad it’s over. really felt like i earned that toon and it wasn’t just handed to me
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Ahnald did it without T3. I think Mission is a detriment because she drops DoTs which causes Malak to give her fear.

Let Malak absorb the Tenacity buff. Problem solved. DOTs don't hurt him anyway and the only meaningful debuff you can hit him with is Armor Shred, which ignores Tenacity.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png