Feel very defeated with Malak’s release and Bastilla’s rework

Ever since the change to Bastilla’s uniques, my DR success against JKR went from 100% victory to less than half. I threw some serious money at DR and with Malak’s release and the essentially reworked version of Bastilla, it’s only guaranteed another 3-4 months of JKR mirror matches until Malak comes back.

Not sure what to say except the devs have really defeated me this time. Respect the time and investment of those of us who whaled out to get DR instead of dropping a vital toon 2 weeks later and buffing the team everyone is tired of. Is there any hope?

Replies

• Options
    Don’t say that. They’ll delete your post and send you nasty messages 😂😂😂. Just pay hundreds of $$$ that’ll help you out. That’s what these events are created to do. They just try to pull the wool over our eyes with saying they’re going to work on other toons, oh but first we’re going to create an even so only the whales can get a guy so they don’t get too mad about us making a few toons better. It’s the same reason GG rework didn’t work. The whales got made that f2p players could easily get someone. So they nerfed him before he even got released.
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    we lost all hope ever since the introduction of cls :d

Nothing compares to the path that’s being taken now.
  • Options
    I feel you're pain. I'm in the same boat. I have never been one to chase the meta. But I was sold on DR. This was the 1st time I whaled out for a new character and now it's also become the LAST time I spend $ on this game. It just isn't worth it. I've spent several hundred $ on the game over the 3-4 years that I've been playing, buying Crystal's, Data cards, Omega materials, etc., but that's all over now. Back to f2p for good.
  • Options

Cls was way worse, at least there are teams designed to beat the current teams, back then there was no counter to cls nd if you didn’t have him you were more screwed then you are without one of the revans. Hans falcon is very similar to cls on that level, barely any real counters aside from a mirror and very specific non **** set ups
  • Options
    I'm so happy I didn't pay for DR. Palp crushes him.
  • Options
    This is all the kotor lovers faults. You guys cried about not having kotor the devs gave you kotor and you’re crying because the characters are somewhat op. Did you really think they’d make these characters and not make them op? Their goal is to make money and not care about the players. Everyone that wanted kotor basically gave them the green light to ruin this game
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    This is all the kotor lovers faults. You guys cried about not having kotor the devs gave you kotor and you’re crying because the characters are somewhat op. Did you really think they’d make these characters and not make them op? Their goal is to make money and not care about the players. Everyone that wanted kotor basically gave them the green light to ruin this game

Blaming fans for a corporate decision.
    Not even once.
  • Options
    I"m using a 5 star G10 Darth Malak in my arena team.... It's doing fine. Explain that.
  • Options
    I'll only be mad if upon getting everyone to the required power level for Malak, once I get DR next time around, is if the Malak fights are like the Chewbacca and 3p0 fights-with insane preloaded TM and godly RNG needed to win.
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »

Umm no it’s not our fault. We don’t develop the game or make business decisions. Place the blame where it really belongs.
  • Options
    Beating JKR with DR is a joke.

You can literally auto any JKR team if you run Darth Revan (fastest), Darth Sion (second fastest), Bastila Shan (Fallen) (Third fastest), Darth Nihilus (tanky), and HK-47.

The AI will always target DN with Direct Focus. They usually will not get another turn aside from Savior.
  • Options
    You're being punished for not spending 1000 bucks to get DR and Malak. Just like the majority of players. That's just how it is. Many of us players are relegated to playing the RNG 5 minute battle game in arena with JKR mirror matches because of our choice not to spend money on a Wallet Warrior like Malak.

I don't see that changing at all and maybe when the majority of players have DRevan and Malak there will be an actual Rock Paper Scissors arena, but don't see it happening any time in the next 6 months. I suspect that Episode 9 characters will have similar issues. Characters with 50 abilities that need 500 omega pieces and 2 zetas each locked behind an omega crunch they aren't looking to fix anytime soon. (Oh but we get 2 whole omega pieces from the Mythic Tier of certain events!!!!!)

They keep releasing characters with abilities I need to print out to read all the stuff from them, I'm going to request my Masters Degree in SWGOHology before too long. (Working on your regional accreditation yet CG?)
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Just give CG more rope ...
  • Options
    Draeth wrote: »
    Beating JKR with DR is a joke.

You can literally auto any JKR team if you run Darth Revan (fastest), Darth Sion (second fastest), Bastila Shan (Fallen) (Third fastest), Darth Nihilus (tanky), and HK-47.

The AI will always target DN with Direct Focus. They usually will not get another turn aside from Savior.

Yeah I switched to this setup and it works well. I refuse to go back to JKR. I’ll live and die in arena with Darth Revan.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddesy wrote: »

Cls was way worse, at least there are teams designed to beat the current teams, back then there was no counter to cls nd if you didn’t have him you were more screwed then you are without one of the revans. Hans falcon is very similar to cls on that level, barely any real counters aside from a mirror and very specific non **** set ups

Bit off topic but GK zarris was the counter to cls. Plenty of people ran it to get top rank.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed with Bastila rework is it went from 30 second matches to a minute. Still not sure why they buffed and already powerhouse team but whatever.

Because it makes it exceedingly more difficult for squads not led by their new shiny characters named Revan.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Reptillor wrote: »
    You are not going to stop spending money. Or else cg would have not done this. They know what they are doing and you can complain all you want, but the second something else you want comes out you will pay 10 dollars or more to get it. Sorry but freemium games survive off of lack of willpower from people

"CG know what they are doing" Said in the same sentence? Dev/employee located!
    Mass people are quitting, and many more are stopping spending entirely.
    yet

Even if everyone on the forums and reddit stopped spending, the game would still exist based on earnings since it requires almost nothing to run the servers, I've seen other mobile games have private servers run by a single medium wealthy person.

(SWGOH private server when?)

Was CLS >90% of the meta? CLS had counters. CLS could be beaten. CLS didn't cause a wall in tw that revives itself, cause a wall that couldn't ever be picked a part.

JKR finished the breaking of this game right after Traya started to Break it. DR finally caused some arena diversity.. but then they go and BUFF the ONE team to EVER get 90% meta? The one team in the game that didn't need any buffs at all to be one of the strongest squads the game has ever seen, got buffed.

There is no way cls was ever worse.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Reptillor wrote: »
    You are not going to stop spending money. Or else cg would have not done this. They know what they are doing and you can complain all you want, but the second something else you want comes out you will pay 10 dollars or more to get it. Sorry but freemium games survive off of lack of willpower from people

"CG know what they are doing" Said in the same sentence? Dev/employee located!
    Mass people are quitting, and many more are stopping spending entirely.
    yet

Even if everyone on the forums and reddit stopped spending, the game would still exist based on earnings since it requires almost nothing to run the servers, I've seen other mobile games have private servers run by a single medium wealthy person.

(SWGOH private server when?)

Was CLS >90% of the meta? CLS had counters. CLS could be beaten. CLS didn't cause a wall in tw that revives itself, cause a wall that couldn't ever be picked a part.

JKR finished the breaking of this game right after Traya started to Break it. DR finally caused some arena diversity.. but then they go and BUFF the ONE team to EVER get 90% meta? The one team in the game that didn't need any buffs at all to be one of the strongest squads the game has ever seen, got buffed.

There is no way cls was ever worse.

Yeah it’s ridiculous to compare JKR to CLS. It’s not even close.
  • Options
    hwekn0m1fy78.png

For those comparing cls to jkr would have posted a jtr one but did not fine one