What to expect from Clone Wars rework?

DarkLord7
241 posts Member
edited April 2019
I absolutely love the series, it is my favorite part of the Star Wars saga. I've longed to see more of it in the game since I started. I obviously understand that GK did not need much of a rework, he's already very viable. I thought his was appropriate. I do like the expanded GR synergy use. Ashoka seems to be much better, although exactly how useful will be seen perhaps after additional characters are brought into play. I do have to say, for what knowledge we have now, the Anakin rework is a bit disappointing. He is a centerpiece character to the entire series, and he still looks like a B or C team Jedi character. Maybe he needs more damage, or more aggressive synergy with Ashoka, or anti Separatist synergy. All I can say is, while the other two look very good, he seems to be definitely the weakest link, despite his huge role in the story. Only emphasizing that because I fear that once this rework is made, he might be forgotten again for some time, and I'd really like to see him stand up to some of the more impressive GA/TB teams like BH, FO, NS, or GG.
Anyways, should we expect a massive overhaul? The Clones need some real love.
Edit: Anakin does seem to have gotten the damage boost I thought would help. He seems to be very good now. I'm interested in gearing him up, he's still g6 for me. Nice to see he's useable.
Post edited by DarkLord7 on

Replies

• Options
    It’s a free change, so don’t expect much from it.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Yea since its free i expecte all the clone wars rework teams being at gg level at most aka "B" team unless theres an event legendary/heros journey or even another mythic battle making it arena viable
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Expect reworks now, then an onslaught of new characters, hopefully from the Clone Wars. We’re lacking in many characters from that era.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I expect the existing Clones to all get a glance, but not much of an improvement. I'm also expecting Padme to come as a part of the Territory Battle--though whether it's the special mission (a la ROLO) or the farmable (a la Captain Han) I don't know, but I doubt she'd be the GET character (a la Yoda and Wampa).

Hopefully some new ships, too. Although Galactic Republic has a pretty deep roster of ships already, so probably not for them.

Separatists are part of the Clone War era, so I wouldn't rule out them getting more or what they've got getting better. But I don't think I'd expect it, either, given the rework and new releases they already got.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Expect a couple of free reworks, but which only work with some new characters.
    New characters that will be p2p and require lots of p2p gear.
    You should start hoarding.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Expecting the Bad Batch with Phoenix-like tight synergy sometime closer to Season 7. Other than that, generally rounding out the era. Finally getting a sep capital ship, filling out missing characters and so on.
    Come to think of it, LS rewards for the new TB are pretty obvious, Padme and a whole selection of Jedi, but how about DS? Are there any notable Separatists we are missing, ideally with a connection to Battle of Geonosis?
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Come to think of it, LS rewards for the new TB are pretty obvious, Padme and a whole selection of Jedi, but how about DS? Are there any notable Separatists we are missing, ideally with a connection to Battle of Geonosis?

Hmm, maybe Admiral Trench, Durge, Kalani, Riff Tamson, Wat Tambor, Kleeve, San Hill, any number of droids (T-Series Tactical Droid comes to mind)?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing that will actually create "variety" or "balance" in arena, that's for sure. And certainly nothing that will be good enough to disturb CG's linear, prescribed arena meta.

So, don't get your hopes up?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    We got this far and nobody's mentioned Hondo Ohnaka? For shame.

I'd also like to see Assajj Ventress get her fighter.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Demon4x4 wrote: »

Hmm, maybe Admiral Trench, Durge, Kalani, Riff Tamson, Wat Tambor, Kleeve, San Hill, any number of droids (T-Series Tactical Droid comes to mind)?

Most of them don't really connect to Geonosis or I don't even know who they are, although seeing Trench or Tamson would be cool. A tactical droid could be added, maybe as a replacement for the lost HK lead (first nameless leader?). Another option that I thought of was Nexu, the cat-like beast from the arena. We already have Wampa, so why not?
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Demon4x4 wrote: »

Most of them don't really connect to Geonosis or I don't even know who they are, although seeing Trench or Tamson would be cool. A tactical droid could be added, maybe as a replacement for the lost HK lead (first nameless leader?). Another option that I thought of was Nexu, the cat-like beast from the arena. We already have Wampa, so why not?

Wat tambor is the guy in ep2 that turnd the dial to adjust his voice was on gension when gk got caught

San hill was another sepertist leader

Durge was interesting cause could self regenerate and gk fought him in one i believe the orginal clone ward the 15 min ones

A few of the others i guess are also separatist leaders except for a couple of them
  • Demon4x4
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Oro Dassyne could be another cool one/
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    It’s a free change, so don’t expect much from it.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    (...)don't get your hopes up?

El oh el. That’s one way to put it, I guess. :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Hondo is a must but not sure if we will get him just yet.

After that want to see Ki Adi and Gregor. And at least touch ups of all of the CW jedi, clones, and Clone Chewie. Hopefully.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    kEkapzC.jpg
    Still not a he.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    if jango doesnt have bounty hunters resolve, gets instakilled whenever mace hits him
    b9134166dyz7.jpg
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    if jango doesnt have bounty hunters resolve, gets instakilled whenever mace hits him
    b9134166dyz7.jpg

2yikdcfohuz2.gif
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Clone war chewie rework.
    We scoundrels could use another leader other than Qi'ra.