What they meant was... This Padme team is supposed to kill Malak.

Well, that meta didn't last long....

Replies

• Options
    How many people do you think will have all the zetas and gear needed to make it work? It will probably last another 2-4 weeks at least. Still a lot shorter than JKR.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG, What is Malak’s acceptable winning rate? Want to know how soon he is getting nerfed before I invest more on him
  • Options
    How many people do you think will have all the zetas and gear needed to make it work? It will probably last another 2-4 weeks at least. Still a lot shorter than JKR.

Hey, here is my squad. Notice zetas. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/

I have 2 more ready. I spent 1 right before the revan stuff too. I'm guessing people like me have more than what I have... I got 2 in the barrel ready to go. I bet most have 3.
  • Options
    Unless Mace Windu is part of this Meta than I'll still be 4* Clone Wars Chewbacca
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG, What is Malak’s acceptable winning rate? Want to know how soon he is getting nerfed before I invest more on him

You consider Padme a Malak nerf? If not, I don't understand what you're asking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I consider it a Revan counter. A hard one. And esp Malak as he can put fear on fools.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I consider it a Revan counter. A hard one. And esp Malak as he can put fear on fools.

I was asking someone else but other posts got in the way. I edited mine to include the quote I was responding to.
  • Options

Hey, here is my squad. Notice zetas. https://swgoh.gg/p/671797632/

I have 2 more ready. I spent 1 right before the revan stuff too. I'm guessing people like me have more than what I have... I got 2 in the barrel ready to go. I bet most have 3.

There surely will be people who are ready from the start. But most Malak owners probably don't have 3 zetas lying around at the moment and those who did not bother with Malak because of the paywall will probably struggle with the 3 new gear pieces.
    The GR team seems very likely to overpower DR, but it'll be a while before we will see more than 5-10 maxxed teams in arena.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    More teams being released is not the same as a nerf. JTR and Talzin weren't around long when Sion dropped and Nightmare ran rampant all over the meta. Besides, courage is percent damage, which Malak shrugs off. We'll see how this lands, but I don't see Padme kicking Malak out of the meta.
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I think it’s horse **** that little frail “brave” padme can’t be feared by two of the most powerful sith that have ever lived. They have the dark side of the force and padme has a gun and nice white clothes... she has no force powers or resistance so how is she immune to being terrified by literal monsters that can empathetically force fear down the throat of anything that’s non force sensitive? And no throwing allies at them wouldn’t alleviate terror
    Jyn can't be stunned by demonic possession. Fulcrum can take every debuff an entire Sith legion can throw at her and just eat them. Having a carpet for a friend can keep about half a dozen Sith lords from ability blocking Lobot. Teddy bears can run rampant all over all kind of things. And Vader can't be slowed down by an AT-AT nuking him. In fact, most things can survive being blasted by an AT-AT even though that makes no sense.

It's a game. They're game mechanics.

And considering when she was a fourteen year old politician she stormed her own castle in person to save her planet, I'd say she has the chops to be called brave.
    Still not a he.
  • ThisYeezy
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that meta didn't last long....

Actually they're saying the exact opposite.wpge867glbny.jpg
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Padme is strong, but from what you can hear she is still inferior to Dr and malak. Seems to be more in line with chewie and c3po
  • Zalastro
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    no shes good against DR just not malak specifically only him.

Dr without malak is close to a non issue, so a toon that counters him alone is nothing special at all. My earlier comment was regarding the post that claimed that the Dr and malak meta will be over now.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You consider Padme a Malak nerf? If not, I don't understand what you're asking.
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    More teams being released is not the same as a nerf. JTR and Talzin weren't around long when Sion dropped and Nightmare ran rampant all over the meta. Besides, courage is percent damage, which Malak shrugs off. We'll see how this lands, but I don't see Padme kicking Malak out of the meta.
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I think it’s horse **** that little frail “brave” padme can’t be feared by two of the most powerful sith that have ever lived. They have the dark side of the force and padme has a gun and nice white clothes... she has no force powers or resistance so how is she immune to being terrified by literal monsters that can empathetically force fear down the throat of anything that’s non force sensitive? And no throwing allies at them wouldn’t alleviate terror
    Jyn can't be stunned by demonic possession. Fulcrum can take every debuff an entire Sith legion can throw at her and just eat them. Having a carpet for a friend can keep about half a dozen Sith lords from ability blocking Lobot. Teddy bears can run rampant all over all kind of things. And Vader can't be slowed down by an AT-AT nuking him. In fact, most things can survive being blasted by an AT-AT even though that makes no sense.

It's a game. They're game mechanics.

And considering when she was a fourteen year old politician she stormed her own castle in person to save her planet, I'd say she has the chops to be called brave.
    I was making a bad joke, I actually don’t think Padme team is going to beat Darth Revan teams. They’ll struggle to win like JKR does and on defense they will fall hard
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options
    "I was making a bad joke, I actually don’t think Padme team is going to beat Darth Revan teams. They’ll struggle to win like JKR does and on defense they will fall hard"

I disagree 110%. I think a Padme / Anakin GR team is going to be the new meta, and it's not going to be close. But we shall see.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree 110%. I think a Padme / Anakin GR team is going to be the new meta, and it's not going to be close. But we shall see.

Well assuming this quote can be trusted, it's not the intent.

SBC: Where does Padmé fit best in the game?
    CGF: Padmé is a leader of the Galactic Republic squad and should be very competitive in PvP. Our goal is for her squad to sit alongside Darth Revan (without Malak) and Jedi Knight Revan squads in terms of power level and competitive viability.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    "I was making a bad joke, I actually don’t think Padme team is going to beat Darth Revan teams. They’ll struggle to win like JKR does and on defense they will fall hard"

Protection up can be dispelled. Buff immunity stops them. Padme is immune to fear but the rest of the team isn’t. AI might slip but a player just needs to focus on JKA whenever they can and stick buff immunity on GK. DR teams also hit extremely hard with AOEs and you got Ahsoka and GMY who have very low health pools even with the 50% health boost. If you mod Ahsoka for speed then you lose out on damage and if you mod her slower than Padme than she can’t do an opening move that calls everyone for assist and has to start with basic.

Only time protection up sticks on GR teams is if someone attacks out of turn which Sith Empire don’t do

If they are too good you can just add Sion in your lineup
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    Does DR's bonus basic attack count as attacking out of turn?
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Options

Protection up can be dispelled. Buff immunity stops them. Padme is immune to fear but the rest of the team isn’t. AI might slip but a player just needs to focus on JKA whenever they can and stick buff immunity on GK. DR teams also hit extremely hard with AOEs and you got Ahsoka and GMY who have very low health pools even with the 50% health boost. If you mod Ahsoka for speed then you lose out on damage and if you mod her slower than Padme than she can’t do an opening move that calls everyone for assist and has to start with basic.

Only time protection up sticks on GR teams is if someone attacks out of turn which Sith Empire don’t do

If they are too good you can just add Sion in your lineup

Actually, you commented on a post about Anakin's zeta that I wrote. You really seemed to be -how should I say, devil's advocate to anything I say. You tried to make some argument saying his Zeta might not ever get put in. I don't see how you came to that conclusion as now, we see, they are going to put it in. I never got as far as you in that post by the devs that they were actually thinking of NOT including it.

And - to be honest, I'm going to give you more credit than you gave me, but I'd still ask that you look over Anakin's and Padme's kits a bit, and --- you know what.... this is pointless. We'll see how this shakes down.

I will add, you might not like my presence here. As I see you all over here every day. But- don't let your disdain for me cloud your objectivity. If you don't care for me or my posts. Fine. But don't try to be adversarial just because of that.

I was being polite on that Anakin zeta post, but truthfully, I thought you were off your rocker for even thinking they wouldn't put his zeta in. That was insane talk, But I feel you went there just to be contrary. Like I said, I give you knowledge credit, but it seems like with me, you throw it out and just make inane comments. That doesn't suit you.

Lastly, I'll leave you to your theories. I'll stick with mine. Thanks!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Does DR's bonus basic attack count as attacking out of turn?

No - it's still his turn.
  • Ultra
    11528 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don’t dislike anyone here, so my bad for coming off a bit too aggressive @taquillasun