Impossible Padme Health

Mhmacleod
194 posts Member
I'm at my wit's end. Someone please explain to me why at T6, my G12 AV with 2.9k offense, 2 dead team members, 186% crit damage can crit a Padme that has buff immunity on, no residual prot up...for only 20+k damage...which in this event amounts to like, 30% of her prot bar? While various accounts of the battle talk about letting fellow toons die so she can land The Big One and one-shot everyone?
I'm just not seeing the difference here. Them one-shotting anyone in my team; that I do see. A lot.
Is it just me, or is there a serious bug regarding her mechanics?

Replies

• Nihilmus
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Your Offense is not that high, my Asajj can go up to 4k. Maybe that’s what you need. Regardless, they have a ton of Defense too. Maybe try also killing Anakin a couple of times during the battle to fuel her Rampage even more. You also need her to be the leader for the extra 30% Offense and I think you can’t do it without ZZ Asajj so that she keeps falling under 100% health and getting the 50% TM going over and over.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    1) there are so many protection ups, especially the one from her unique that gives 40% prot up when someone attacks her out of turn, that a 20k hit becomes a semi-wet noodle hit
    2) 5 stacks of courage translates into 40% max HP bonus damage, so just 10-15 stacks of courage can easily lead to 1 hit KO's
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Yep keep cleansing that courage or you are toast.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Observations so far:
    My asaaj is lead. She only has a zeta on her unique though. Modded as much offense as I could, but can't imagine how it's possible to reach 4k damage. Perhaps because she's not fully modded to G12.5? Does that make all the difference?
    I know about courage and protection up but the above scenarios all occurred when she was both buff-less and buff immune...I've also never allowed them to accumulate courage (beyond 5 attacks I guess because they likely use them up the instant they get them).

Might want to try her 2nd zeta eventually...I just can't link what's happening here - where I can't take down anyone - to the crazy ohko aoes i see the gamechangers pulling off.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Is there a bug where the event bosses get stacking health from failed attempts?

I just critted Padme from full prot for 21k+ crit and that cut off like, a pathetic 15% from the bar. It was an assist: the follow-up barely even registered on that mammoth counter. This opposed to a YouTube guide I was trying to follow where asaaj did 56k crit (already ridiculously hard to get) and decimated the team. I also saw a 15k crit do like, 40% damage on Kenobi's bar? That's about 30+k prot alone on Kenobi, with 3 ways to restore health or prot on a percentage basis.

How the heck are we supposed to get anywhere in this event if the odds are stacked this way? Where even the YouTube videos no longer make sense? I can't count the number of times I used up my entire team to supercharge asaaj into doing one big hit that did barely more than the damage she started with.

Can someone please look into this behavior? I noticed this too in the Chewie event where thermal dets did impossible damage as compared to Boba's execute. I'd start a bug report directly on the help site but I don't quite like talking to walls with automated answering machines.
    Post edited by Mhmacleod on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Are you doing t5? If so kill Anakin every time you can. Ignore Padme until Fishlee has blown his rez on Anakin. He much weaker and easier to kill. I think I killed him 3 times before Padme.

And I had a 5* g8 GG with no zetas or other droids. It can be done.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Are you doing t5? If so kill Anakin every time you can. Ignore Padme until Fishlee has blown his rez on Anakin. He much weaker and easier to kill. I think I killed him 3 times before Padme.

And I had a 5* g8 GG with no zetas or other droids. It can be done.

T6. T5 was kinda-sorta doable at *only* a couple hours (of course, RNG was being very kind) but T6 has been the one that's got me stymied. No matter what I do, the damage can never stack up quite enough: in fact it seems with each attempt I'm doing less and less damage...
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I couldn’t do 6 star until I put a medpac and one of her G12++ pieces on Ventress
    This translates to nearly 10000 more health on Ventress and extra dps/speed.
    My offence was about the same as yours but CD was 222%, speed 225 base CC 50% (ramps up 5% each time with Rampage deaths - so very quickly 75%+). Potency 70%.

—> I also can’t imagine how much harder (nearly impossible...) it would be without her Leadership Zeta.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.

1. Wow. Stats like that on my Ventress...try as I might I can't squeeze out those kinds of mods. I guess I have to call it a day on that front.

2. Yes I did read the descriptions, I do know as well that her leadership supposedly prevents crits on toons that have prot up although I can't confirm if T6 Padme has a zeta. That's why I took extra care to set everything up such that she had as little prot up stacks as possible - mostly none - before I dared to take her on. My posted results were with these in mind, plus it was with crit which (should) mean she didn't have prot up at all.

I dunno about whether the match seems the same for me as with everyone; the threads here are filled with horror RNG stories and other unexplainable phenomenon too. It could just be me but I doubt it: as compared to Chewie (which I 7*) and Threepio (which I 6*) this event feels very...wrong in comparison.
  • Options
    Are you signed up to swgoh.gg ? If so I'd happily have a look at roster / mods and give advice.

I've cleared 7* Padme with AV, GG, Fun Sac, B2 (g12) and Spy (g11).

My AV offence was over 4k when I did it
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Omg I actually came close...twice in half an hour. Was down to just 2 left. But each time a miracle Dodge happened.

COME ON CG, what kind of &$@&+ odds are that?!

...anyway, my userno. Is 129600, ally code 471-934-372
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/

I was meaning this site. If you're not signed up, you should. It's free and very helpful for all sorts of things.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options

I was meaning this site. If you're not signed up, you should. It's free and very helpful for all sorts of things.

Yes I did,

But I can't find what code I'm supposed to share. Is it the one on my profile's url: 471934372?
  • Options
    What's your in game name? I'll find you on there
  • Options
    Never mind - your Ally code worked.

I think the biggest issue you're up against is your 4th / 5th toon.

AV is obviously fine at g12, but...
    -Geo Soldier was worse than useless whenever I used him, even at g12.
    -You really want to use GG because of what he brings, but at g9 yours is going to be a bit lightweight.
    -Fun Sac at g10 can be modded reasonably well to survive and his dispel on basic is priceless.
    -Poggle's offence up helps a lot but at g10 he may struggle to survive long enough to use it.
    -B2 is pretty much essential, but at g9 he might not be around long enough to mass dispel / buff immunity on GK
    - Spy won't do much at g9, Magnatard similar at g8.
    - Dooku's counters make him more of a liability I found

I think your best chance is AV, GG, Fun Sac, Poggle and B2.

Then we come to modding. I think the reason people are saying they had AV's offence up to 4k is 6 dot mods. You've only got three 6 dot mods, none of which would help AV's offence any.

It's not much in the way of advice, but without some gear thrown on B2 and GG in particular, I think you're chasing some pretty slender odds to finish t6. But if you got close, maybe you could get even luckier another time?
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your advice, I do mean it. I'm running zzasaaj lead, with B2 and every Geo except spy. I've run countless other combinations even with GG, but after seeing him do a paltry 5k crit hit after having 2 droids die I've swapped him out for good.
    For some reason, my current team today has taken me much further than I ever had. As we spoke, I came to 3 total times where I had just 2 toons left. But always, always there was something ridiculously stupid happen like dodges and foresight everywhere and Geo soldier calling B2 for a killing blow instead of asaaj which of course did nothing.
    I'm at my wit's end. At this point I really feel the game has developed a sentient malevolence towards me 😥
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Doing T6 with Asajj lead require a very good modding. Unfortunately, that is not your case. That's why your Asajj hit like a wet noodle.