Thank you for finally adding Padmé

DarkLord7
241 posts Member
I've been waiting for her for over a year, and she exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to a real Clone Wars era rework, I was getting tired of OR dominating everything.

Replies

• Options
    Except OR will still dominate
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Glad to see Padme in the game but she undercut my expectations for a legendary toon

All the legendaries so far enhance the team they are the faction of, but she hurts the Galactic Republic (and others) very much. Rex can't give out TM on his special (Galactic Republic), GMY doesn't gain TM on basic (!!!) or Battle Meditation, General Kenobi doesn't gain TM on his first special. Even if you place her in the ally slot, GMY lead or Rex lead doesn't work

All these toons are rely on the TM generation they provide themselves, I don't see the OR dethroned anytime soon. It also feels like we are missing a 5th GR toon. (S)he might be the missing link to make this team more than just B list defensive team but that toon has to provide a passive boost to everyone's speed through a unique to make up for the damage Padme is doing to the team

Its such a bad unique
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Glad to see Padme in the game but she undercut my expectations for a legendary toon

All the legendaries so far enhance the team they are the faction of, but she hurts the Galactic Republic (and others) very much. Rex can't give out TM on his special (Galactic Republic), GMY doesn't gain TM on basic (!!!) or Battle Meditation, General Kenobi doesn't gain TM on his first special. Even if you place her in the ally slot, GMY lead or Rex lead doesn't work

All these toons are rely on the TM generation they provide themselves, I don't see the OR dethroned anytime soon. It also feels like we are missing a 5th GR toon. (S)he might be the missing link to make this team more than just B list defensive team but that toon has to provide a passive boost to everyone's speed through a unique to make up for the damage Padme is doing to the team

Its such a bad unique

No, the only one really hurt is GMY. Rex shouldn't be on the team, he has no purpose at all, literally none, because she handles cleansing. It prevents the Sith from reducing their TM too, which is HUGE because of all of the stagger. Debuff immunity and crit immunity is lethal. She is built to be a Malak counter.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

Its such a bad unique
    Eh.

GR has a lot of toons, but hasn't been a faction until Padme. Maybe the Ani/GK/Snips rework, but that's part of the leadup to Padme. Many units have tags, but aren't really part of the faction. Hera has the Rebel tag, but that's almost meaningless because you have little reason to use her as anything other than the leader of Phoenix squad.

GMY is a Jedi first, and Galactic Republic second. Rex is a Clone Trooper first and Galactic Republic second.

Yes, GK doesn't get the TM from his first special, but he also doesn't rely on it. And we've got many GR options that are not undercut in that way. More than some of the factions that have legendary/journey characters (Resistance).

Non-exclusive list of GR characters who work well with Padme: General Kenobi, Anakin, Snips, C-3PO, R2, Barriss, Aayla, Qui Gon. Yoda still works even without the TM engine. That's more than Resistance had when BB-8 dropped. That's more than Sith had when Sheevy P dropped. That's more than Sith Empire has.
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    GK/Anakin/Ahsoka seem like no-brainers, so there's really only one flex-slot at the moment. And I think I saw that a couple of the old, lousy GR jedi were slated for reworks? So one of them might fill in nicely.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    GK/Anakin/Ahsoka seem like no-brainers, so there's really only one flex-slot at the moment. And I think I saw that a couple of the old, lousy GR jedi were slated for reworks? So one of them might fill in nicely.
    There's more flex in those first three slots than you think. And while no specific GR reworks are confirmed yet- the only confirmed reworks on the table right now are Nute and Dooku- it's highly probable.
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »

Its such a bad unique

You’re quite misinformed at the power of this squad. It’s legitimatly either the 2nd or 3rd best squad to have ever existed. The courage mechanic overwrites the TM gain losses and the unique that prevents them from gaining TM also prevents them from losing it.. with courage they can wreck any character in one hit or close to it except those who take reduced damage from % based attacks.

As long as it doesn't do 2 things:

1: Beat Darth Revan on offense
    2: Hold against Darth Revan on defense

everyone is going to call it garbage. They're wrong, but they can't be told that. Just get used to it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options

Its such a bad unique

It’s rather sad that the devs chose this route, but it’s shown time and time again that TM gain dominates. They nerfed palp with malak, and probably foresaw a possible meta dominance with GR tm teams and padme, so they went ahead and nerfed that right out of the gate. I understand they want to protect player investments, but it kills what could have been a really fun team before it even joins the game.