Your favorite QoL update?

Not only is my favorite QoL the 5 second wait for simming Challenges (down from 5 minute wait), but I’ll go so far as to say it’s the single best thing that has happened to the game since Chewbacca was realeased.
Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.

Replies

• Options
    Chromium packs to the front of the list. Definitely do not miss scrolling all the way to the end 5 times a day
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Increasing drop rates on mods back to 100%. You still get some garbage 3-4 dot mods. You still get mostly greys. You still rarely get arrows/triangles/crosses. You still rarely get speed on one. You still rarely get speed to roll any significant number of times if you do get one with speed. But at least now you will always get something to drop. That's one less layer of RNG to go through. It's like we used to get kicked in the groin 6 times while farming mods, and they reduced it to 5. That's better at least.

The winner for my favorite QoL feature would have been 8 attempts on hard nodes but that was too much fun, so they took that away.
  • Manumicio
    291 posts Member
    Options
    Chromium packs to the front of the list. Definitely do not miss scrolling all the way to the end 5 times a day

Yeah, best ever!
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Increasing drop rates on mods back to 100%. You still get some garbage 3-4 dot mods. You still get mostly greys. You still rarely get arrows/triangles/crosses. You still rarely get speed on one. You still rarely get speed to roll any significant number of times if you do get one with speed. But at least now you will always get something to drop. That's one less layer of RNG to go through. It's like we used to get kicked in the groin 6 times while farming mods, and they reduced it to 5. That's better at least.

The winner for my favorite QoL feature would have been 8 attempts on hard nodes but that was too much fun, so they took that away.

8 attempts on hard nodes wasn’t a Quality of Life thing. It just felt like it 😂
    Agree on the mods change, it’s a shame.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Not only is my favorite QoL the 5 second wait for simming Challenges (down from 5 minute wait), but I’ll go so far as to say it’s the single best thing that has happened to the game since Chewbacca was realeased.

This would be mine, except that it was 2 minutes before so I never really had a problem doing them all--split it between morning and night. For me, though, multisimming is the best thing they've added. Tapping that button three times (it hasn't always been 5 or 8 tries per day!) got obnoxious real fast. Using the slider? Zam, man.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    challenges becomming simable > 5 sec cooldown
    It's not even close.
    My personal favourite is mod management though
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Simming GW in one shot.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    5 sec cooldown and moving the chromium packs
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

This is my vote. Both loadouts and filters/sorting.

1st prize goes to loadouts. Going to gg to take screenshots of all my arena toon's mods so I could put them back after an event was maddening, and I don't even want to think about having to have try that for the sith raid every few days.

2nd goes to filters/sorting. Also can be done at gg, but it's faster and easier to just do it in game. Not to mention how much easier it is to sell mods now that I can filter/sort, especially to find all my mods with no speed.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Simming GW in one shot.

Oof. That's a good one. I've literally not done a single GW the old fashioned way since they added that, and I never will again for as long as I live. I kept telling myself I was going to do a few to help with some of the quests. Nope.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

1st prize goes to loadouts. Going to gg to take screenshots of all my arena toon's mods so I could put them back after an event was maddening, and I don't even want to think about having to have try that for the sith raid every few days.

2nd goes to filters/sorting. Also can be done at gg, but it's faster and easier to just do it in game. Not to mention how much easier it is to sell mods now that I can filter/sort, especially to find all my mods with no speed.

Can you explain mod load outs or point me to a good reference? I get making them, but how do the mods go back where they were before? Do you just make loadouts for everyone? #N00b
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Can you explain mod load outs or point me to a good reference? I get making them, but how do the mods go back where they were before? Do you just make loadouts for everyone? #N00b

You make a loadout for the mods you plan to move as they are now, then you move them for a temporary thing, then you use the loadout to move them back. Or if you will want to use the new mods more than once (say for a raid), then you make a loadout for how things are normally and another loadout for the raid mods and switch between them.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

You make a loadout for the mods you plan to move as they are now, then you move them for a temporary thing, then you use the loadout to move them back. Or if you will want to use the new mods more than once (say for a raid), then you make a loadout for how things are normally and another loadout for the raid mods and switch between them.

Yep. So let's say I want to move mods to my JTR team for the raid. I make two sets for each member of the team, a "normal" loadout and a "raid" loadout. I also have to make a "normal" loadout for anyone that I pulled mods for to put on the raid team. Then when the raid is over I reapply the "normal" loadouts on all the affected toons.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Biggest time saver QoL is mod loadouts and filtering by far.

My favorite however by an extremely large margin that trumps all other QoL changes is 4x speed. Game would be nigh unplayable currently if we didn't have 4x speed.
    Post edited by Strubz on
  • Options
    For me it's between moving bronziums to the first slot in the store and giving us the option to sim GW. So many times I missed out on full prizes on GW because I didn't fight all the way through or forgot to refresh before the daily reset or something because it was becoming such a drag to play through all those matches, even though you could hit auto.

Honorable mentions: Pit raid simming, challenge simming
  • macray
    31 posts Member
    Options
    5 seconds are great - but it makes you aware that it's 3x (+2x) the same thing with very little waiting time in between - so why not make it 1 single sim with 3x (+2x) the content?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    macray wrote: »
    5 seconds are great - but it makes you aware that it's 3x (+2x) the same thing with very little waiting time in between - so why not make it 1 single sim with 3x (+2x) the content?

Programming a reduced timer is much easier than a new sim function, I'm assuming.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Being able to change my payout to a time that wasn't horribly inconvenient was my favourite. Payout at dinnertime was starting to cause friction between my spouse and I, even though I was pretty casual about it (by necessity). There was also a lot of traffic on both arena and fleet servers at that time as well, and changing my payout resulted in a much easier climb, wirhout worrying about stepping on other's toes with the same payout.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    My fav will be when they put a single button to level up a character, instead of having to craft 6 times and then level up.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of good ones on here. Honestly it would be hard to pick between swimming and 4x speed. If you REALLY thought about going one day without any QoL updates, theres no question these are the biggest game changers. Imagine having to actually fight (even auto) every challenge, gw, hard node, etc.... or trying to win in arena at 1x speed. Both would literally ruin the game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    macray wrote: »

I think precisely BECAUSE it's 3x +2x. I don't think the sim functionality was built with that in mind. It would probably be really easy to add a slider that went up to 3, but then you'd have to sime once for 3 runs of both, and then a second time for 2 runs of the gear challenge, and I think people would be more annoyed by that.

That doesn't mean they'll never add a way to sim all 8 daily challenges at once--but given how small an improvement over what we currently have it would be, I think it's on the bottom of the list for quality of life adjustments.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I liked the 4x speed, but it might need to be 8x or 6x if the Revan teams get even more buffed