New GA changes

So i'm wondering .. does this mean I'll never see another player in my GA bracket that has, literally, twice as many g12 characters as I do? I've got 34 and this guy annihilates me with 72 (there are actually two such in my bracket), including 7 star padme, DR+malak, and traya. All four of which I don't have. Same GP of course.

My worry is that CG will only use #G12 as a slight indicator of GA success, while it is actually a strong indicator. Probably traya/makak/DR are also strong indicators too..

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    GA championships should have been a 4 GA event every GA top 50 fight top 50% in the next one bottom same.... by 4th GA you find out who the best isand fluff guys who suck by 4th GA get a chance to know what winning feels like...

Any change is better than mismatches we have now so gotta give it a chance.

What i dont like is the dishonesty in crumbs statements that there are very few blowouts..... that a lie. Forums, reddit , facebook all Full of people who dont play or try because its broke.... thats why they are trying to dial it in.... if it was fine they would not fix..... that statementmames me think their data collection is missing or not tracking people who autoset on trash matches or ignores 1500 -80 scores
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    GA championships should have been a 4 GA event every GA top 50 fight top 50% in the next one bottom same.... by 4th GA you find out who the best isand fluff guys who suck by 4th GA get a chance to know what winning feels like...

Any change is better than mismatches we have now so gotta give it a chance.

What i dont like is the dishonesty in crumbs statements that there are very few blowouts..... that a lie. Forums, reddit , facebook all Full of people who dont play or try because its broke.... thats why they are trying to dial it in.... if it was fine they would not fix..... that statementmames me think their data collection is missing or not tracking people who autoset on trash matches or ignores 1500 -80 scores

I think it's not fair to say crumbs is being "dishonest". For one, we don't know how he defines blowouts.. My experience in GA has largely been great. This last instance of me facing a guy with, literally, over 2x my g12 count was rare.

There's a lot to consider when talking about their data collection. Even if we assume they receive everything and see everything, they can't possibly know when someone has given up on GA, or if the happen to be busy that day and forget...
  • Options
    I absolutely despise grand arena and probably wont participate in ga championships, and it has got worse since the release of malak I can not beat malak no matter what I try so when I get matched up with someone that has malak (95% of my matches have had malak and put him on defence, I cant one shot the board anymore I automatically lose. No sense in wasting my time when there is no chance of winning. And yes my roster is inflated but that was done to help my guild in tb then to get punished in ga for helping my guild in tw.
  • Lasod
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh big picture your success depends more on daily login than any real gp difference. I cant even count the number of wins i got over ppl with stronger setups just because i tried and they didnt.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I absolutely despise grand arena and probably wont participate in ga championships, and it has got worse since the release of malak I can not beat malak no matter what I try so when I get matched up with someone that has malak (95% of my matches have had malak and put him on defence, I cant one shot the board anymore I automatically lose. No sense in wasting my time when there is no chance of winning. And yes my roster is inflated but that was done to help my guild in tb then to get punished in ga for helping my guild in tw.

I mean, if you join and don't set defense, you're still getting SOME rewards (> the 0 than from not joining) and you hook up three other people each GA who might be recovering from blowouts of their own.

Edit: alternatively, set 1 jawa x5 on defense and use your best teams on offense to earn a few hundred thousand credits each round and don't worry about trying to win. Either way, participating on your own terms is better for you and for others than stubbornly boycotting the event.
  • Options
    If I see a Malak or now Padme, I drop Tuskins, Gar Saxon Empire, Jawas, Lando Bespin lowbies, Sith Empire rejects and Rose Tico alone on a node by herself.

I clear as much of their board as I can for credits. I know I’m going to lose the match, but why pass up free credits for zero effort? I still have all my heaviest hitters to clear all but Malak or Padme.
  • Options
    I guess I should have worded that better by not participating in ga championships I mean set some defences and not attack the same thing I do in ga for the most part, I do battle when it's a fair fight. Considering i never put my a teams on defence. I dont consider putting jkr and teams like that on defence as getting to have fun with my investments.