Tired of Devs and YouTubers referring to teams as GA or TW teams....

gpeeee
126 posts Member
Sorry guys, this has bugged me for a long time. I have heard so many devs and YouTubers mention that certain teams are focused more for Grand Arena or Territory War not for Squad Arena. I understand what they mean from the stand point of, "more quality teams are better for those game modes." However, saying they are focused for those specific game modes and NOT squad arena doesn't make sense. For example, I don't have the Revans and when I go against someone in Grand Arena or TW, if they have one of the Revan teams, they have a good shot of beating me since their team is SO much better than my non Non Revan team, if we are around the same Mods, etc. (Please don't say so many teams can beat JKR, etc. been through that before and already had that discussion on another post, came to conclusion that it is not true). I was just curious if anyone else gets irritated when teams are not for Squad arena but for TW and GA? Sorry for the rant, I'm just so tired of the Revans.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you know what's up so you can just ignore it xD. Anyway there's this little point when GA/TW is concerned. Some teams are recovering, some teams (DR) are extremely good for arena metas, but can be worn down. i.e. Qi'ra is one of the ideal GA/TW teams because it keeps intact if it's not beaten the first time constantly balancing the punishment put on it, and once undermined in the first match, it can end up persisting over many matches. So yeah, it's not that easy to talk about linear meta qualities since concerns in modes are different.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Good point about Qi’ra. That makes sense. On the attacking side, however, if you don’t have anything to take out a Revan team, then it doesn’t matter how good your teams are. Such as burning JKR’s “Hero” then not being able to kill Jolee or any others, it’s just a wasted attempt. Thanks for your response though. The defensive aspect makes sense when using the TW or GA team specific terminology.
  • Options
    Just get your own revans. Simple fix
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah, I know there's that, but I don't have any interest in Revan. I'm not knocking KOTOR and I get that it has a huge following, it just doesn't interest me at all.
  • Options
    gpeeee wrote: »
    Haha, yeah, I know there's that, but I don't have any interest in Revan. I'm not knocking KOTOR and I get that it has a huge following, it just doesn't interest me at all.

Neither do I but I have JKR and will be ready to go when Darth Revan finally returns to the game. It's going to make your game playing experience much easier.

I don't regret farming for Revan.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ga/tw is just a way of saying not good enough for arena. Of course arena teams will stomp ga/tw teams.
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand this either, as usually TWGA teams fallout of that place once the current meta gets demoted. If you had all the previous meta's, you would have good TW teams. Add OR team, BH and FO and your roster is pretty perfect for GATW.
  • BlazingIguana
    6 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Honesty it sounds like you don’t understand what META is. (Most effective team available)

That's a nice acronym, but that's not actually the source of the term "meta".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-analysis

Edit: fixed a typo
    Post edited by BlazingIguana on
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Good point about Qi’ra. That makes sense. On the attacking side, however, if you don’t have anything to take out a Revan team, then it doesn’t matter how good your teams are. Such as burning JKR’s “Hero” then not being able to kill Jolee or any others, it’s just a wasted attempt. Thanks for your response though. The defensive aspect makes sense when using the TW or GA team specific terminology.

I think the term applies pretty well as it doesn't imply anything about arena meta teams. It even implies something regarded as TW/GA team falls short of arena meta success. It's obvious even to the casual player that anything that has been around in arena meta for 1.5-2 years will also do fine in other pvp, gvg modes.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Honesty it sounds like you don’t understand what META is. (Most effective team available) Squad arena is based around the meta of the time and there can really only be one meta at a time and it’s usually whatever costed the most.. JKR before, malak now. Now for squad arena you only need that one team for both offense and defense, you’re never going to bring in more then one team into squad arena because that’s not what it is.

Your knowledge of what meta means is lacking too xD. It's derived from the widely used term meta, it's not a short handle xD. It doesn't imply there's a single thing that qualifies for the term. The context of what it will consist of differs from game to game. Obviously it refers to the most elite...which can consist of numerous things.
  • Options
    When it comes to GA/TW teams they are classified as good/very good teams but not meta.

Sure there's a TW/GA meta. Why do you think you see the same teams consistently on defense and everyone saving the same teams for offense. There are more teams in the game than are needed to make the best possible defense/attack strategy. The 10/12/14 (depending on GP) teams that compose the best defense/attack strategy are the TW/GA meta. On paper the most recent example, Shaak Ti, looks very suited to slotting into the mid to bottom end of the TW/GA offense meta and as such, those that have her and clones will have an advantage in GA and TW.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    (Please don't say so many teams can beat JKR, etc. been through that before and already had that discussion on another post, came to conclusion that it is not true)

You came to the wrong conclusion.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    So first of all, to the "Revan is easily beatable" comments, I must be missing something. It has been at least a few months and I would say that my CLS and now my 6* Padme teams only beat equal power JKR teams 10 maybe 15 percent of the time. CLS, C3PO, Chewie, R2 and Han All G12 plus and good mods. Padme is 6* Padme, Anakin, Ahsoka, GK and 3PO/GMY/Zarriss all G12 as well (Except Padme). Honestly, can someone please help me out how to beat those teams over half the time? And I'm talking arena rank 51-100 (Because 1-50 is Malak) top tier Revan teams, I do beat the lower geared/modded Revan teams.

Second, for my Grand Arena/TW comment. If, for example (And this scenario has happened many times) that my Grand Arena opponent has JKR or Malak on their front line and I get Hero to go off, then can't kill (what seems to be the tankiest character ever) Jolee and lose with my top CLS and/or Padme team, then I have made ZERO progress and no matter what I put in against it, nothing will even dent the team. That applies to TW as well. We have gone against a Revan wall in the front line and it's less than a 50 percent chance to beat those teams so we burn off all of our top teams only to have a little success. So basically, I'm saying that the earlier mentioned TW/GA teams are great on defense but nothing will matter if you can't beat the ARENA Revan teams on offense.

And, I'm on a December 2016 or so (Forever ago) shard.

Thanks for your responses and help guys.
  • Options
    So first of all, to the "Revan is easily beatable" comments, I must be missing something. It has been at least a few months and I would say that my CLS and now my 6* Padme teams only beat equal power JKR teams 10 maybe 15 percent of the time. CLS, C3PO, Chewie, R2 and Han All G12 plus and good mods. Padme is 6* Padme, Anakin, Ahsoka, GK and 3PO/GMY/Zarriss all G12 as well (Except Padme). Honestly, can someone please help me out how to beat those teams over half the time? And I'm talking arena rank 51-100 (Because 1-50 is Malak) top tier Revan teams, I do beat the lower geared/modded Revan teams.

Second, for my Grand Arena/TW comment. If, for example (And this scenario has happened many times) that my Grand Arena opponent has JKR or Malak on their front line and I get Hero to go off, then can't kill (what seems to be the tankiest character ever) Jolee and lose with my top CLS and/or Padme team, then I have made ZERO progress and no matter what I put in against it, nothing will even dent the team. That applies to TW as well. We have gone against a Revan wall in the front line and it's less than a 50 percent chance to beat those teams so we burn off all of our top teams only to have a little success. So basically, I'm saying that the earlier mentioned TW/GA teams are great on defense but nothing will matter if you can't beat the ARENA Revan teams on offense.

And, I'm on a December 2016 or so (Forever ago) shard.

Thanks for your responses and help guys.

I don't have any Revans or Traya and still run CLS in Arena. I can beat pretty much every JKR team in my shard, even those with slightly better mods (I have pretty decent mods). DRevan I can beat too, but if the team has Malak I lose 99% of the time because I don't have the mods to compete with them with my CLS (CLS can win vs Malak though, but you need better mods than your opponent and some rng luck). So yes, if you have CLS you should be able to take down equally modded JKR teams if you play it right. There are enough guides on Youtube to help you out.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I have watched repeated amounts of videos and have done the exact thing but lose over half of the time. Most of the videos have CLS teams with really solid mods vs. JKR teams that aren't that high quality. I know RNG plays a big role but losing over half the time has really burned me out. I have done the exact step by step that lots of people have posted here and still lose over half of the time as well, I honestly don't get how JKR teams are said to be "Easily beatable" by CLS. I spent a lot of my time in the top 50's before JKR came out, and try to compete with the top people in my shard to add some variety but have completely lost interest since it seems exhausting. Is there any specific advice that you have that can help me defeat those teams? Han shoot Jolee or Yoda first? I've heard a mixed reaction.

Thanks so much.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Honesty it sounds like you don’t understand what META is. (Most effective team available) Squad arena is based around the meta of the time and there can really only be one meta at a time and it’s usually whatever costed the most.. JKR before, malak now. Now for squad arena you only need that one team for both offense and defense, you’re never going to bring in more then one team into squad arena because that’s not what it is.

When it comes to GA/TW teams they are classified as good/very good teams but not meta. The strategy behind those modes are to have more then just one team.. unlike squad arena where you only have 1 set defense that you can also use on offense you don’t get that luxury there. You can either place it on defense or save it for offense and that’s where the important of these TW/GA teams comes from. You can’t expect everything to beat everything? You’d have one hell of a crappy boring game with no actual strategy. Also JKR can get beaten by a ton of teams now.. padme, CLS variants, traya variants, DR without malak, DR with malak. All of those are great TW/GA teams now

That’s just a convenient backronym so you’re the one who honestly don’t understand what meta means.

• Options
    I have watched repeated amounts of videos and have done the exact thing but lose over half of the time. Most of the videos have CLS teams with really solid mods vs. JKR teams that aren't that high quality. I know RNG plays a big role but losing over half the time has really burned me out. I have done the exact step by step that lots of people have posted here and still lose over half of the time as well, I honestly don't get how JKR teams are said to be "Easily beatable" by CLS. I spent a lot of my time in the top 50's before JKR came out, and try to compete with the top people in my shard to add some variety but have completely lost interest since it seems exhausting. Is there any specific advice that you have that can help me defeat those teams? Han shoot Jolee or Yoda first? I've heard a mixed reaction.

Thanks so much.

I always use the same strategy. Use Shoot First on Jolee to get tm for your whole team. I use that to outspeed enemy JKR with CLS. Then use CLS's second skill to put buff immunity on GK so he doesn't taunt. Then put everyone under stealth with R2 besides R2. That way Revan marks R2. Go for GMY first to trigger Savior. Then kill Jolee. Rest is fairly easy. This only fails for me if CLS fails to apply buff immunity on GK, which happens maybe 1/10 times. If he fails to apply it way too often, consider putting some potency on him. Takes some practice to get it down but once you manage to do it, you will beat Jedi Revan teams rather consistently. Hope that helps.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, yeah, that has been my strategy too. Near the top teams, however, I seem to lose a lot because I think I need a faster CLS?