Best team in your opinion

Hi guys, after 20 days i ve been playin GoH, i'd like to know ur opinions on ur favourite team. Currently I m lvl 49 and tryin to create different teams in order to understand which One could be the best choice to face enemies.i think u can work on the abilities that u wanna use to battle, like stun or multiple attacks, unable to heal ecc.. I m unlockin droid team now, to see how they can balance each others. My current team is douku,chewie,sid,consular, luminara, all 4 *, VI gear. I'd like to have ur opinions, see u in game :)

Replies

• Options
    It depends on how much you are willing to pay. If you are F2P the best option is to get your Sid Lumi and JC as far as you can. The have good synergy between them. Luke is pretty good and you can get him easily promoted. As for the druid team - i am not a fan. Got Ima Gun-Di at 4* and he destroys druid teams by himself. I just think that at the current meta the are not that good. And my personal best - Kylo - get him as soon as you can - that guy is a beast. Alongside Phasma and TIE pilot - they destroy teams
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    One dilemma regarding your suggestion (that I am confronting now) - Luke, kylo and JC compete for shards. Even assuming 300 crystals to cantina per day (somewhere between hard and impossible for FTP players to keep up for long), you're looking at months to get all three to 7*. For me, I'm not even considering kylo, as I already have invested a fair amount into the other two (and am wondering if getting Luke with JC sitting at only 4* was wise).

One advantage of JC: he is incredibly easy to gear to VIII - easier than getting some heroes to VII.

While the following is based on second hand information, I think boba fett has nice synergy with Sid/lumi/Luke/JC and doesn't compete with any of them for shards. (I have enough cantina resources to get boba to 27/80; looking at at least a week plus before I can test this myself).

To the OP: that's the same team that I have; while about as cookie cutter as it gets, it is IMO the best FTP option at our levels (I'm 53). But you really do want to eventually replace dooku and chewie (chewie because his damage sucks, he's slow, and he doesn't bring enough utility to the table to compensate; dooku because he is so hard to * up).
    Post edited by Lorenzo on
  • Options
    As time passes, you'll see that there is no one team for all occasions and when it happens, you'll realize that you'll need more than 5 great characters to get far in SWGOH. I have a squad of 5 6* players for the Arena which have done well for me and on the side, I'm building some alternates to swap in, since each team you face will not be the same, although it seems to appear as if many have the same 5 players.

I make adjustments depending on my adversary. If you rely on only 5 players, you will have weaknesses you can't remove since you don't have an alternates to turn to when an opponent has a team to counter your best 5, then you are toast. Keep building your primary 5 players but think about farming a few more for swaps, that's my 2 cents....Thoughts everyone???
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    As time passes, you'll see that there is no one team for all occasions and when it happens, you'll realize that you'll need more than 5 great characters to get far in SWGOH. I have a squad of 5 6* players for the Arena which have done well for me and on the side, I'm building some alternates to swap in, since each team you face will not be the same, although it seems to appear as if many have the same 5 players.

I make adjustments depending on my adversary. If you rely on only 5 players, you will have weaknesses you can't remove since you don't have an alternates to turn to when an opponent has a team to counter your best 5, then you are toast. Keep building your primary 5 players but think about farming a few more for swaps, that's my 2 cents....Thoughts everyone???

I think in the long run you're probably right (based on what I've heard from soft launch players and simple logic). But for FTP players it may not be the best advice in the short to medium term. Resources are limited, and (shards and gear especially) should mainly go to the five heroes that you expect to run with in arena at 60 (at least initially).

That said you do need to devote at least some resources to your second five to succeed in GW, and it makes sense to focus on heroes that might have some level 60 arena viability. Even there, though, you're talking about leveling them and getting gear and abilities somewhat increased. You have 4 basic sources of shards, and IMO it's best to focus them on four heroes at a time until they hit 7*.
  • Options
    I agree with everything u guys have said. I am a p2p, i don't struggle to have all characters in a week, sometimes i buy some chromie package, but nothing more. I'd like to try different options because i think most player choices are fixed, they use a healer or 2, chewy, i see many sidious and barriss, and i also thought this combination phasma- tie pilot- and another first order character can suit very well with a healer and sid
    Cap. Phasma (lead)
    Tie pilot
    Sid
    Luminara
    Kylo
    I think this is an op team, isn't it?
  • Options
    I have several teams. I mainly run a core 3 teams with a core 3 on each and swap based on situations. Sid, Lum, and JC do have great Synergy. I like to add Lando in. He crits like crazy and his AOE is awesome and if it crits on 2 toons he has zero cooldown AND deals 50% more damage. I find too that once he rolls a good DD(AOE) all my others seem to crit on their next turn. It ends teams fast.

The Droid team I'm not big on. I bought the Droid pack(just before Barriss Nerf) and honestly wish I had not. I have HK, 86, and 88 all at Lvl 54 all gear 6, all sdpecial lvl 3+ and they just don't hit like my others do and they are very squishy, 86 and 88 especially. In higher levels 86 and 88 are lucky to survive 2 hits. HK a bit better. His AOE does not damage too big(compared to my others) but the buffs are decent. I slot him in on my 3 or 4 GW squad.

I did this GW team that walked through it, until I hit what I can say was **** was 4 strait LvL 60 5-7* epic gear teams. I made it through 2 with the team, the 3rd got me but they barely lived. I cleaned them up with my B squad and barely lost to the 4th in a row on the 2nd last fight.

That Team was Barriss 5* gear 6 as lead(she is not great now, but her heal used right is still so so, but ok as my #3 healer, just not strong and hits weak, but her health boost to all helps) Lum 5* gear 6(almost to epic)(hits hard and heals great) JC 5* (also 1 slot from epic) (Hits decent heals solid and self heals) JC kind of acts as a tank on this team as he draws targets first. I then use 4* Lando with gear 6 and 5* Maul gear 6 for their AOE's. I run my B team with Sid 5* as lead Ventress 5* epic gear, Opress, Tano, Secura or Mace. I do at times swap out Ventress and JC so I have a true healer on Sids.

My Rapid attack when I like to play I go Kit, Secura, Dooku, 5's with one healer. get hit with an AOE on that team and 4 strike back typically. Dooku, 5's and Secura pretty much every time, Secura brtings a friend too at times.

If you are going FtP though I reccomend going Sid, JC, Lum, Ventress, talia, Luke, Chewie. I like Talia gearted and leveled up. She went from my bench to suddenly leveled. I left her gear 3 and mid 30's, until I borrowed her at 5* and lvl 50 something from an ally. Here heal is actually solid up there without crippling her, so i rapidly leveled her. Ventress the same. I kept reading she hits hard and I hated her, borrowed her, said ok doing it.

JC, Lum, and Sid though priority as ftp, go Ventress and Talia secondary. Got 3 heals, all hit solid, Lum hard, Talias special is solid. Ventress and Sid have very nice AOE's, Ventress stuns too.

Ok to Kylo. I've faced him from Lvl 40's up to 60, Twice with epic gear at 60, and he has posed me no problem at all. I find Dooku more a bother than him TBH. I ignore Kylo honestly let my AOEs take him out as I use my tougher players to take out Dooku and healers. I faced an LVL 60 epic gear Dooku and I kid you not he attacked 6x in a row. Now that is annoying. I've yet to meet a Kylo that was trouble. Phasma I thought was better. I've borrowed both. Kylo on the right team though I could see as trouble. Like on a quick hit counter team with Kit, Dooku, Secura and like 5's or Ima(I do not have him :( ) He could be trouble. I've seen him with lum, dooku, Sid(leader) JC mainly with the 5th varrying. My AOE's usually have them dead fast, especially if I Sid lead, Ventress, Maul, Lando, and Lum to heal. Survive the initial onslaught, heal, then AOE them all and Force Blast and ability block the healer usually a 2-3 round fight max.
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

If you are going FtP though I reccomend going Sid, JC, Lum, Ventress, talia, Luke, Chewie. I like Talia gearted and leveled up. She went from my bench to suddenly leveled. I left her gear 3 and mid 30's, until I borrowed her at 5* and lvl 50 something from an ally. Here heal is actually solid up there without crippling her, so i rapidly leveled her. Ventress the same. I kept reading she hits hard and I hated her, borrowed her, said ok doing it.

JC, Lum, and Sid though priority as ftp, go Ventress and Talia secondary. Got 3 heals, all hit solid, Lum hard, Talias special is solid. Ventress and Sid have very nice AOE's, Ventress stuns tpp.

You're not wrong, but this highlights the dilemmas faced by FTP players. JC, Luke, Talia and chewy all compete for the same shards. Ventress looks great, but competes with Sid for shards (I'll get her after I 7* Sid in a couple of weeks).
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If u are a ftp player ,like stated above...
    Get ur cookie cutter top 4 luminara, jc,sid,and who ever makes the best since to u in cantina. ....I went boba (**** boba seduction ).. wish I had went daka (manily cause I've shifted to nightsisters after I build up the cookie cutters to full gear 7*)....

After seeing " fives"(cantina shipments) stats, and going up against him several times, I feel he's a really good option also.....

Just dont get caught flip flopping....figure out where u want to go, n max them out.....
  • Options
    The best team IMO would be like this
    Full AOE team :
    Phasma(lead)
    Kylo ren
    darth sidious
    darth vader
    lando

since im a ftp player, im going for lumi instead of lando :smile:
  • Options
    Sidious+Vader
    Leia+Lando
    Vader+IG88
    Phasma+Rey/Dooku/Aayla/QuiGon/

people like to run resistance pilot or resistance trooper but I always drop them in the first or second round...then their team is gimped. Key is don't have anyone on your team that can get one shot, unless it's your leader. Your leader is expendable (especially old Ben ;)
  • Options
    Ima gun Di (leader)
    Ayla
    Fisto
    Fives or lumi
    Dooku
  • MoBlaq
    583 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Is Boba's AoE any good? Was trying to think of an AoE team, but really don't know who has better AoEs. I have Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Asajj, Boba, and Lando. Any thoughts on how I can make this a good AoE team?

My support characters are Barriss, Luminara, Poe, and Finn
  • Options
    Any team has the potential of being good. Just put together a few complimentary skills and synergies and boom good team. It's mostly a matter of what you want in your team.
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Is Boba's AoE any good? Was trying to think of an AoE team, but really don't know who has better AoEs. I have Phasma, Kylo, Sid, Asajj, Boba, and Lando. Any thoughts on how I can make this a good AoE team?

My support characters are Barriss, Luminara, Poe, and Finn

Boba is garbage for pvp. He's slow as molasses, hits more than chewie but far less than consular. His AOE is definitely the best aspect for him besides his 40% crit+ leader bonus, but I usually average 1-2 ability blocks on the whole team. I'm trying to replace him with Luke asap, but I need the shards for consular. If you're not using boba for his 40% crit+ leader bonus there are just far better options.
  • Options
    Boba is only good at max power and hats absolute max
  • Options
    If you want AoE you need darth maul, his dmg is insane

• Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Boba is only good at max power and hats absolute max

Even at max power how good can he be? The only thing good about him is his leader ability, the revive is utterly useless, and his base damage is awful, other characters maxed out hit far harder.
  • Options
    Kid-adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Eeth Koth, Mace Windu and leader Ima-gun Di.