What part of character development is hardest for you?

The biggest thing I hate the most about character development is shard farming. As a free to play gamer I am restricted by my crystal income when it comes to buying shards or refreshes. It is made especially worse when I'm trying to 7 star toons for big events (carth was my biggest issue) and despite double drops and occasional purchases from shipments I found myself way behind where I wanted to be. Gear is a close second but not as difficult to obtain as there are various ways to come across it whereas some toons are given very few if any farmable locations that dont immediately drain a large portion of my energy points trying to win a shard or 2.

Replies

• Options
    Stun guns. Nothing has changed on that front for 3.5 years
  • Khezmell
    77 posts Member
    Options
    For me its gear. I usually farm shards for the next squad im building while gearing up another, so im never in a rush to get shards.
    Those stun guns are the worst
  • Options
    First is farming good mods and second would be farming omegas.
  • Options
    Gear. And also omegas.
  • Options
    Everything. It takes too long for everything. Even if they doubled the drops rates permanently, everything still takes too long. Chores, grinding etc. is work, not play. I want to play as I already work hard enough in the day.
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Used to be Stun guns farming, now it's Kyrotech salvage farming.
  • Wronin
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Gear and not even close. I'm pretty disciplined on farming shards and don't even mind that taking a while to 7* a character. But getting them to a usable gear level is a much bigger source of frustration.
  • Options
    Shard farming especially cantina nodes, gear for me isn't that bad, but I hate it when it take 30-40 energy to get one mk2 or mk3 piece
  • Options
    Shard farming when it takes 200-300 cantina energy to get 1 shard. Also any gear mats for gear 8-10...mainly because those mats are needed at 50 per pop and sometimes need 2-3 pop's per gear level..especially stun guns. After I get past gear 10 it becomes the eyeballs. I haven't even had a reality of trying to get kyrotechs yet.
  • Sufinsil
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 7-9 is always brutal.
  • Pjfp
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 8 to 9 is the biggest roadblock. Too many stun guns and carbantis needed. Kyros are farmable, and have better rate than stun guns. Besides, it's relatively easy to farm and buy them if you're already high in arena, if not, it's hell. Farming mostly useless toons for certain events (hello vets) is a close 2nd.
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    Options
    20+ speed mods. I only have one of them. Even if I do everything else perfectly in arena I can’t move up and compete with those who have a lot of them.

And stun guns.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Stun guns. Nothing has changed on that front for 3.5 years

Requoted for truth.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ed209
    6 posts Member
    Options
    Drop rates are pathetic
  • Options
    Gear stinks for everyone you will discover once you've farmed shards for enough favorites. I'm having the darndest time with zetas on my alt as I will not play ships. Since they nerfed them from 9 slots to 7 after two years of work on a 7 star capital. I barely get a whole zeta every 2 months.
  • Options
    PS double drops means 50% less drop rate
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Gear by far.
  • Options
    Mods. :D
  • Options
    The gear crunch most definitely. Its gonna be hard to get anyone up to g13 for awhile.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    The "easing of the gear gate" by adding 300-500 Kyrotech to almost all new characters and adding 100 to all old ones at g13. Please don't do me any more favors.
  • Options
    Gear generally, stun guns specifically. I currently have 40 toons that need at least one stun gun to upgrade to the next gear tier.
  • Options
    Farming shouldn't be fun, it's a way to make you pay...
  • Options
    Want some french cries with that whaaaa burger?
  • Options
    Shards. Everything else is easy peasy.