GA seeing attacking team.

EpisodeV
3 posts Member
edited July 2019
There is a lot of Cheating in GA, even just looking at the points in Leader-boards its only possible by taking out all teams with 1 character and doing all the feats. At the 4.5+ mil GP mark you know thats not possible with everyone putting DR Malak on def.

So i have a suggestion for the Dev team, what about putting the ability to see what team your opponent used to beat your team. It would be a easy way to track players cheating. Like if someone use a gear 8 team to beat a gear 12+ DR team you know something is wrong.

what do people think?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    EpisodeV wrote: »
    So i have a suggestion for the Dev team, what about putting the ability to see what team your opponent used to beat your team. It would be a easy way to track players cheating. Like if someone use a gear 8 team to beat a gear 12+ DR team you know something is wrong.

I'm fine with this idea. However, I would focus the reason to find out more towards "People that are curious to know what kind of team beat them maybe able to use this information to make a better defensive team." route and helping to detect cheaters as a side benefit.

In either case, sounds good to me.
  • Options
    @EpisodeV yes. I’ve suggested this a couple times. Plus, it’s a good way to see what’s working and what’s not on your defense.
  • Options
    If I’d got my 1000 points for winning rd1 I’d be on 6978, joint 13th.

I haven’t cheated. I’ve won every battle first time, 12 of them undersized and I’ve completed the fleet feat. Which scores are you so convinced have been obtained by cheating?
  • Options

I haven’t cheated. I’ve won every battle first time, 12 of them undersized and I’ve completed the fleet feat. Which scores are you so convinced have been obtained by cheating?

I’m in Div 3 and the leader has 6120. I’m not sure how that person could get that score.

90 points for setting defense (x6 and x3)
    64 points for perfect attack (x6 and x2)
    180 points for front territories (x2 and x2)
    150 points for back territories (x2 and x2)

Multiply that out and add it up to get 5708. I don’t remember how much the old feats were, but this person would need to collect 412 points from feats to fill in that gap. I don’t think the total available feat points account for that (since some feats are new and some couldn’t be completed at this point).

It’s not unreasonable to question some of these scores.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think you are equating misunderstanding to cheating.

There are issues with the points, they have stated as such.

No there is not "a lot of cheating".
    This suggestion has come up before and I think it's not a good idea. One, if people suspect cheating they can report it, so we dont necessarily need extra tools to examine someone else's strategy.

Secondly, why should someone with a winning strategy be forced to "educate" his opponents? Yes there are few secrets that hold out for any great length of time, but if someone has one or starts one, they shouldnt be forced to share it.

On the cheating note, I would also suspect it would be a wash, i.e. - the number of people reported for cheating based on no information (like we have now) would be almost equal to the number of people reported when someone thinks "that team could never beat mine!". At times we see a general lack of understanding passed off as the other person is cheating, when it's really synergy and strategy that won the day.
  • Options

I’m in Div 3 and the leader has 6120. I’m not sure how that person could get that score.

Multiply that out and add it up to get 5708. I don’t remember how much the old feats were, but this person would need to collect 412 points from feats to fill in that gap. I don’t think the total available feat points account for that (since some feats are new and some couldn’t be completed at this point).

Not cheating at all, it's just that the opponents put s**t defense. I'm also in Div 3.

n9k9h0an62bu.jpg
    ffl5nc3to2di.jpg
    hd64m0ar9w13.jpg
    nmkhoh2p89lu.jpg
    1jloiou9dejt.jpg
    tfvkxhhz2c9b.jpg
    zl1ipgij9uy9.jpg
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Secondly, why should someone with a winning strategy be forced to "educate" his opponents? Yes there are few secrets that hold out for any great length of time, but if someone has one or starts one, they shouldnt be forced to share it.

This is a lazy argument and I think you know it. It's probably why you post it and then refuse to expand beyond "I want to keep my secrets".
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    So i have a suggestion for the Dev team, what about putting the ability to see what team your opponent used to beat your team.

If the information is not available to the players until after the round finished, it's fine with me. It's not really needed, but a nice to have feature. It could help you evaluate your own strategy.

However, it should never be available during the round.
  • Options
    Golubowski wrote: »

Not cheating at all, it's just that the opponents put s**t defense. I'm also in Div 3.

n9k9h0an62bu.jpg
    ffl5nc3to2di.jpg
    hd64m0ar9w13.jpg
    nmkhoh2p89lu.jpg
    1jloiou9dejt.jpg
    tfvkxhhz2c9b.jpg
    zl1ipgij9uy9.jpg

Is this most of your matches? How did you get opponents like this???

I’ve yet to face anyone that set a team with less than 90k power lol. Please trade opponents with me :)
  • Golubowski
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Is this most of your matches? How did you get opponents like this???

I’ve yet to face anyone that set a team with less than 90k power lol. Please trade opponents with me :)

Nah, usualy i have..., well... "normal" opponents it's just that i got lucky this time xD

Edit: my final opponent will be the real deal
  • Options
    For those who think this is just for people to see what to counter, there is already a huge list of resource online that can tell you what to use against what teams. At the 4.5mil + mark if you are serious about the game you don’t need to see how to counter. And clearing the opponent is also not the issue. The issue is when you see someone that can clear you getting 64 on each fight..... and for those who don’t know perfect without losing protection with 5 character squad is 60 points. Using 1 character clear without losing protection gets you 64.

Even clearing with 60 is hard, for those GA hardcore players will know to always have a fast AoE character on def, due to the fact that you can knock opponents 5 points from the fight just with one AoE.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Never forget, they want you to PAY CASH ( 10k or more /year) to not lose, until then we have to deal with frustration and unfairness in game.

P.S. have fun

Lol that’s not true. If you’re paying 10k per year, you’re doing something wrong.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    There is a lot of Cheating in GA, even just looking at the points in Leader-boards its only possible by taking out all teams with 1 character and doing all the feats. At the 4.5+ mil GP mark you know thats not possible with everyone putting DR Malak on def.

what do people think?

I rarely see DR/Malak on defense. Most people save that team for offense to make sure they can beat whatever the best D team their opponent has.

• Options

But... but... knowing that you can use this team to beat that team doesn’t mean you can beat them! It doesn’t change anything!
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

what do people think?

I rarely see DR/Malak on defense. Most people save that team for offense to make sure they can beat whatever the best D team their opponent has.

Out of curiosity, what division are you in? In my division almost everyone that has DM puts him on defense.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'd hold off on the cheating accusations until they fix the points glitch. Lots of people are missing the 1k points for winning a round. If I'd gotten mine I'd be in the top 50 or so in my division, but right now I'm at like 700-something.

There's only been one time since Grand Arena was introduced that I felt like my opponent might have cheated. They had all their best squads on D but somehow managed to take down multiple solidly-modded, full-G12 teams, including JKR, with like G11 Ewoks and Empire and stuff. They still lost, but it didn't seem like they had anything even remotely capable of fully clearing my board.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Because they’ve never stated it, and you don’t need 10k to catch up with the meta.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

what do people think?

Out of curiosity, what division are you in? In my division almost everyone that has DM puts him on defense.

Division 1
    4.89M personal GP.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

what do people think?

Division 1
    4.89M personal GP.

We must be running on opposite sides of D1 then. I would love to face opponents that save that team for offense.
  • Options

Hmmm. How many Russian's play this game?
  • Options
    I think you are equating misunderstanding to cheating.

There are issues with the points, they have stated as such.

This suggestion has come up before and I think it's not a good idea. One, if people suspect cheating they can report it, so we dont necessarily need extra tools to examine someone else's strategy.

On the cheating note, I would also suspect it would be a wash, i.e. - the number of people reported for cheating based on no information (like we have now) would be almost equal to the number of people reported when someone thinks "that team could never beat mine!". At times we see a general lack of understanding passed off as the other person is cheating, when it's really synergy and strategy that won the day.

In Marvel Strike Force they have this very feature... in Alliance Wars, you can go in and see what teams the opponents used to win or lose with.

It should be a simple add.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    The topic of the post may change day-to-day, but there is one consistent theme in the forums: If somebody beats me (or if somebody has toons that I don't), they're obviously cheating
  • Options
    That wouldn’t be my reason for seeing what they used. I am just curious what they used. It would Better help me evaluate opponents rosters in order to set better defenses.