Change GAC Matchmaking

Natethorns
18 posts Member
edited July 2019
Hi y’all... I don’t normally post anything on here but I feel this is an issue worth discussing. The current Grand Arena Championship Matchmaking System needs some changes. I am currently at 2.6 million GP so I am at the very bottom of Division 4 in GAC. The current system uses a combination of Gear and GP factors to determine your opponents for the GAC. I have 42 Gear 12 characters including JKR, CLS, JTR, and the Sith Trio. However..... in my GAC I am being put up against people consistently higher GP higher than me in just characters. And it isn’t by just a little.... the closest person I have faced with 500k higher GP than me. Now most of my opponents have close to the same amount of Gear 12s but they have a ton more Gear 11s with Zetas and teams with synergy. They have enough teams to have all Gear 11/12 Zeta teams on defense and have more than enough for offense. My roster consists of about 8 decent team and for those who don’t know, Division 4 has 6 slots for defense. I am getting blown out of the water, per say, because my opponents have enough characters to prevent my offensive push of 6 of my teams and my other two on defense don’t even stand a chance because they have so many good toons left to use after making a great defense. Since the GAC has started I have taken either last place or next to last place with no contest on my part. Usually I can’t even clear 3 of the enemy territories. If anybody has advice, solutions, or are experiencing the same problem please post in this discussion.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nobody is going to read your post if you dont do

That.

I gave up after the 3rd sentence but I'm always the underdog in GA but I've never lost so oh well.
  • Options
    Two biggest factors i see in winning matches
    what characters are g12-13?
    How are they modded?
    The actual numbers of g12s isnt as big of a factor as it seems. That g12 zzfarmboy isnt a threat. That g12 phoenix isnt a threat. That 305 speed cls? Thats a threat.
  • Options
    Two options:
    1. Glass defense, all offense. Most be able to full clear every territory.
    2. 100% defense, scraps for offense.
    As a side note, mods are more important than gp in determining clear wins.
  • GroggY
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Matchmaking is near perfect.
    Since GA starts (and GAC) with the actual matchmaking it is the first time when matches are close and you have to think what you want to do.

Maybe the matchmaking can be 5% better overall, but atm it is nearly perfect
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    With the current MM we only know one thing=it matches based on your top X gp, which is top 60 in your case. We know nothing about any factor weighted beyond it.

• Options
    I just faced someone with almost 1m more GP than me, I full cleared him w 1 battle each, he couldn’t clear me. He had full g13 DR/Malak, Padme, JKR, gear 13 GG, all the same teams I did. He had more zetas and more G12+ pieces. Analyze your opponent’s roster, know your counter squads and get creative with team usage. It can be done.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Options
    GroggY wrote: »
    Matchmaking is near perfect.
    Since GA starts (and GAC) with the actual matchmaking it is the first time when matches are close and you have to think what you want to do.

Maybe the matchmaking can be 5% better overall, but atm it is nearly perfect

If course you are entitled to have your own opinion in that topic, but a huge number of players (myself included) are experiencing something completely different. Matchmaking solely based on GP is flawed to begin with (not going to repeat what others already explained).

So either you got lucky or you have a very slim roster purely focused on meta characters.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I went from dominating old GA with my super focused TW roster to facing whales every round, it’s challenging but getting old fast.

I would like to see this improved or changed to factor in zetas heavily as they can’t be bought and you’ll most likely come up against someone at your development level and it will go back to being a mode about resource management / strategy / game knowledge / mods and not paying to win.

I worked hard on my roster and feel like I’m getting robbed right now