Revan problems and solutions aug 2019

1) I know this has been mentioned before but this is a nearly aug 2019 opinion and it still needs to be raised
2) revan teams are still breaking the game

Why? I am currently in horrible mismatched TW (168mil v 206 mil, 4xg13 toons v army of g13 toons). Not the problem but worth noting.
Anyway, in such a mismatch, our guild made attack stage a practice rather than full compulsory.
A high level (but not full power) DR team was knocked down to just DR, badstila and HK (all g13).
I practiced against these 3 toons with every tier 2/3 team I had (not cls or JKR). That 3 still beat easily good resistance/OR/scoundrel/ewok/troopers/traya/seps/ FO/ NS/ lesser DR team/ 92k padme team. All teams mix of g11/12 and >200 speed. (I am 4.7 GP)
Did devs not actually do testing of this meta against non-meta? This was a massacre. How can every good tier 2/3 team in game not beat a half meta team?
Is revan the problem? I don’t think so. Personally main problem is jolee mass res and DR team (with badstila) ability to make entire team skip a go are the problem dynamics. Please look at fixing both these dynamics and I think this will fix 90% of TW,GA, arena issues.

Replies

• Options
    Completely agree. This team has ruined GA and Arena. Coming up a Revan team better than yours completely shuts you down. Every other team can be overcome with a few teams against it. This hasn't been a problem before. It would be nice for the Devs to have a look at this.
  • Options
    The problem isn’t that DR is unbeatable, the problem is that you were fighting against a team with preloaded TM. Of course DR will crush you in that situation, so would most other meta teams. Also, my guess is you were severely outclassed in gear/mods since you said all teams were “G11/12 and >200 speed”. Most DR teams have at least DR and Bastila at 300 speed, so if you’re only at like 250 AND they have preloaded TM they will run circles around you (each turn they take they get +75 speed from ferocity stacks).
    If you have your teams properly geared and modded and don’t preload TM, you can beat DR with several of the teams you mentioned. If you want to practice against DR, I’d recommend either playing in the arena or forfeiting/hard shutting down each match you lose to prevent the preloaded TM.
  • Options
    The problem isn’t that DR is unbeatable, the problem is that you were fighting against a team with preloaded TM. Of course DR will crush you in that situation, so would most other meta teams. Also, my guess is you were severely outclassed in gear/mods since you said all teams were “G11/12 and >200 speed”. Most DR teams have at least DR and Bastila at 300 speed, so if you’re only at like 250 AND they have preloaded TM they will run circles around you (each turn they take they get +75 speed from ferocity stacks).
    If you have your teams properly geared and modded and don’t preload TM, you can beat DR with several of the teams you mentioned. If you want to practice against DR, I’d recommend either playing in the arena or forfeiting/hard shutting down each match you lose to prevent the preloaded TM.

Congratulations, you have identified the problem but have shown exactly no understanding of the problem. This is not arena. This is every other area of the game. Where players post defence teams. If “use a better team” is your argument. Then how do you beat a Revan wall? Your answer would be “have a better revan wall” If you cannot see the problem with that answer, then I will not argue with you, as we are on very different pages. Simply put, meta is fine. Having a meta that needs another meta to beat it even when half strength is the problem. Over 80% of your roster is pointless. Honestly, please tell me how this is a good thing?
  • Options

Also, if we follow your point in GA, then how do you win if you have a lesser Revan team? You will have to use more than one team, and there will be pre loaded TM. And then you are fooked as you have likely used your other meta in defence. GA should not be decided by who has the best revan, but by who has the best top 8-10 teams. Devs have made a good stab at it but the revan (both) mechanic is still broken and you have offered no evidence to prove otherwise.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DR team was knocked down to just DR, badstila and HK (all g13).
    I practiced against these 3 toons with every tier 2/3 team I had (not cls or JKR). That 3 still beat easily good resistance/OR/scoundrel/ewok/troopers/traya/seps/ FO/ NS/ lesser DR team/ 92k padme team. All teams mix of g11/12 and >200 speed. (I am 4.7 GP)

You couldn't beat a gimped dr team without malak with all those teams? hmmm
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Let me explain how the match goes, they all get first turns with pre loaded TM which gives them 5 stacks of feriocity with DR leadership means +75 speed, now if they have not yet infliced fear with that massive speed boost they will soon and as soon as the fear lands then it's over. As their ferocity stacks their speed spikes with their damage output. It's simple really but there is nothing you can do corrupted BM will be applied so there is no way of debuffing, shock and fear will not be far off and their speed only increases with their damage output therefore you lose any chance of winning without Revan or CLS to clean up. Maybe grevious could do something but you would need G13 to have any chance and thats hoping they dont kill him before he gets a turn.

So you're convinced you can't win vs those 3 if you don't have cls, revan or g13(!) grievous? hmmm
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    there's also has a lesser DR in that list of teams.
    I don't know man, but it just seems an aweful lot like user error to me. Obviously a DR team, even when gimped, is hard to take down due to the kits. However, it's not like it's the only team that's hard to take down, especially not when you're using g11/12 toons vs g13 ones. That doesn't mean that it is a problem. Well, atleast not in my opinion.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    op is upset he can't beat three pre-loaded maxed g13 chars with tier 2/3 teams instead of using teams that can beat those chars?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Yes it is strange. Get a team of Darth Revan, Fallen Bastilla, HK, Malak and Sith Trooper, all modded for speed at 6* (I would put 4 speed mods on everyone just to squeeze a bit more speed), Gear 13 and you are good. If you do NOT wish to play the only way that guarantees you a win, that is your choice and it works like trying to use cheese for a hammer instead of an iron tool.
  • Options

Let me explain how the match goes, they all get first turns with pre loaded TM which gives them 5 stacks of feriocity with DR leadership means +75 speed, now if they have not yet infliced fear with that massive speed boost they will soon and as soon as the fear lands then it's over. As their ferocity stacks their speed spikes with their damage output. It's simple really but there is nothing you can do corrupted BM will be applied so there is no way of debuffing, shock and fear will not be far off and their speed only increases with their damage output therefore you lose any chance of winning without Revan or CLS to clean up. Maybe grevious could do something but you would need G13 to have any chance and thats hoping they dont kill him before he gets a turn.

So you're convinced you can't win vs those 3 if you don't have cls, revan or g13(!) grievous? hmmm

Oh im missing Padme if that is what you are getting at, she is very forgettable though what a boring team it is...

Do you are moaning that you didnt think to try for the only fear resistant toon in the whole game? Boring the padme team is not...watching snips 1 shot darth revan is not boring. What is boring is listening to players whine because they have no foresight or tactical know how!
  • Options
    Teams that can beat DR easily:
    GR under padme
    JKR
    G13 Grievous (with IG-88/HK lead, BB8, T3, and L3)

Teams that can beat trio easily (even with preloaded turn meter):
    GR under padme
    JKR with pretaunt
    CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO, pretaunt (baze would be good)
    And really good team with a pretaunt.

If you keep banging your head against the wall fighting a team that everyone else seems to be able to beat, change your tactics. Namely, if DR has preloaded TM you NEED to bring in a pretaunt character to prevent him from applying insanity to your entire team. Focus fire on dbastila, once she’s gone the team will fall apart.
  • Options
    GR under padme
    JKR

GR under padme
    JKR with pretaunt

If you keep banging your head against the wall fighting a team that everyone else seems to be able to beat, change your tactics. Namely, if DR has preloaded TM you NEED to bring in a pretaunt character to prevent him from applying insanity to your entire team. Focus fire on dbastila, once she’s gone the team will fall apart.

You are still missing the point. You need meta to take down a half meta team barring god mods and rng gods. You are right, cls and JKR both would work in this scenario. I could have used either. GR only work if highly geared/modded., same for GG. That is not the point. It’s really simple, you still need top tier teams to take out half a top tier team. That is not right. A preloaded 60-65k leftover meta team should not walk over a well modded 100k tier 2 team. End of. It’s what has unbalanced the game.
  • Nukeandglow
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    If you want to destroy DR teams use padme. DR is a dominant team atm but there will be one more dominant , there always is.... Folks said the same thing forever when CLS came out that you are saying now. It's only temporary until another beast team comes, and it will. Also I got my butt kicked by a GG team with my DR but padme is my hardest match to beat.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    If no one has said this I will.

Padme g12 can counter g12 Revans
    However if you think your g12 Padme team can compete with g13 DR/Malak then that is foolish.

But that right there is the problem. Who wants to lvl up Padme to counter Malak when you have other toons who are higher priority.

Honestly I find GG suicide squad as a better counter to Malak because 1 you win or it's just Malak left over. Using GG you lose your JKR counter, and let's be real everyone and their mom uses JKR on D.
  • Options
    GR under padme
    JKR

GR under padme
    JKR with pretaunt

You are still missing the point. You need meta to take down a half meta team barring god mods and rng gods. You are right, cls and JKR both would work in this scenario. I could have used either. GR only work if highly geared/modded., same for GG. That is not the point. It’s really simple, you still need top tier teams to take out half a top tier team. That is not right. A preloaded 60-65k leftover meta team should not walk over a well modded 100k tier 2 team. End of. It’s what has unbalanced the game.

Actually... that is what makes journey characters viable as meta characters. Nothing more, nothing less. It might not be the best way and has nothing to do with a balanced system, that's the point that I agree with. But none of the Revans is the problem, it was the same back then when losing with golden squads against rebels with a g8 CLS, as long as he had his zetas. Power creep is the real problem and that's a long-term thing. I for my part am happy that at least this time it's a meta with some of my favourite Star Wars characters. o:)
  • Options
    But none of the Revans is the problem, it was the same back then when losing with golden squads against rebels with a g8 CLS, as long as he had his zetas. Power creep is the real problem and that's a long-term thing. [/quote]

This I do agree with. Meta teams have not broken arena, which is really just who has the best meta. It just makes arena boring. But it has broken TW and to a lesser extent GA.
  • Unlimitedpowar
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    https://youtu.be/cuttiKLrKMc does ferocity apply correct here cause as I can see bastila does have the 5stucks before opponent dreavan takes a turn but the debuff doesn’t give any speed as I can see.It is helpful in x0,25 speed