How is this fair?

I am level 4 in the GA. The last two matches I had were against level 3 players who have all of the main characters. I have none of the newer ones. How can I get better if I finish in last place every time? Come on. Give the people that are still building a chance. It has come down to if you don’t have either Revan you might as well stop playing.

Replies

• Options
    0-3 again. Never defeated more than 3 teams. Cant even get my Feats done this way. No sense in this.
  • Options
    Here we go again. Lowest ranked player in GA again. By far. I am at least 750,000 under the next person's power.
    Come on. MAKE IT FAIR!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like they're making 7 out of 8 ppl happy everytime. Not too bad.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

No matter what they do they will only make 1 person out of 8 happy since everybody expects to be at the top of the pile.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

No matter what they do they will only make 1 person out of 8 happy since everybody expects to be at the top of the pile.

Lol...just about. I'm fine with losing a few.
  • Options
    I don’t mind losing but can I have a chance to win even 1 battle? 0-3 every time is just not fun. Already lost my second battle of this one. Went up against someone with JKR again and I have no answer. 1 character should not decide who wins and who loses. Also why am I the lowest powered player by at least 600,000 points?

In all the championships I think I have won 2 battles.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I don’t mind losing but can I have a chance to win even 1 battle? 0-3 every time is just not fun. Already lost my second battle of this one. Went up against someone with JKR again and I have no answer. 1 character should not decide who wins and who loses. Also why am I the lowest powered player by at least 600,000 points?

Are you setting heavy defense? Most of the ppl I see do well do it on the offensive side.

The guy im playing now set strong defense, and he can't clear my board, so it's an easy win for me.

It's also mutually beneficial for both sides to complete feats.
  • Options
    How are your mods?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Work on a counter to JKR. They are out there. That's how you get better. This is not an issue with game design.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Work on a counter to JKR. They are out there. That's how you get better. This is not an issue with game design.

Disagree. I don’t have a problem with not being able to defeat a team at one go but a design where all new teams are constantly healing and regenerating protection and all features like saviour are refreshing for each battle are making old teams irrelevant. I can send three G12 teams on Revan but if it is not the right counter, I may not be able to kill even a single toon.

That is an issue with game design.

This gets worse with lower GP (higher GAC division) where your roster has smaller selection and where you have less great mods to mod multiple teams.
  • Options
    Exactly, I have maybe 4 teams that are powered up. My best character is CLS. I don’t have 3p0. Chewie I just activated but not 7 starred. I can’t compete with JKR teams and that is all I go up against in GA. Also, my total GP is 2.5ish million. Every player in my grouping This time was over 3.3 million. The most teams I beat was 4. Not areas, teams. I completed 0 feats. I am going to get a few pieces to upgrade a mod or 2. It’s really hard to get better with just that. I don’t expect to finish first but how about 4 or 5?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Disagree. I don’t have a problem with not being able to defeat a team at one go but a design where all new teams are constantly healing and regenerating protection and all features like saviour are refreshing for each battle are making old teams irrelevant.

Some old teams can counter JKR (NS f.ex.), or teams with mostly old characters combined with 1 or 2 new characters (zEP lead with Fallen Bastills f.ex.). Alternatively, kill off a key character and then let the battle time out before reviving/regeneration gets you back to square 1. Rinse and repeat.

Just think of JKR lead jedi as the new NS. There are plenty of counters, but without them, the battle will be painfull.
    I can send three G12 teams on Revan but if it is not the right counter, I may not be able to kill even a single toon.

That is an issue with game design.

I completely disagree. The rock-paper-scissors concept is great. If you could just choose either of the 3, gear it up and then beat every other team, it would be a dull game.
    This gets worse with lower GP (higher GAC division) where your roster has smaller selection and where you have less great mods to mod multiple teams.

It gives you something to work on, f.ex. mods, counter teams and such.

• Options
    I am trying to get 3p0 now. So I’m working on Ewoks. After that I am going to start trying to get the old republic group but I haven’t even started. I’m probably at least a year away from finishing that. A team of JKR, any yoda, bastilla, jolee and GK is unbeatable with what I have. I’ve tried every team I have. That’s fine but why am I in an arena group where everybody else has at least 1 revan and probably both? I just want a fair fight. Losing every time makes the game not fun. Put me in a group that has roughly the same GP and is in the same division. How hard can that be? I should not be down by over a million power to a couple people in the group. There are 2 teams with no wins me and the person I am playing right now. Their GP is 3.8+. That’s 1.3 million more than me.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    Options
    is bad luck ur getting matched like that however what u choose to work on is all you....the new should beat the old and if u aren't working on the newest first...sorry about ur bad luck but consider shifting ur farming to more relevant squads/toons...i'm guessing ur aways down in arena as well
  • Options
    uno wrote: »
    ....the new should beat the old and if u aren't working on the newest first...

This! I should got this advice long time ago. It was only after Revan I realized this.
  • Options
    I am trying to get 3p0 now. So I’m working on Ewoks

And that is a bad farming strategy. I know it because I did the same mistake. People are saying that CLS with Chewbacca and C3PO is counter to JKR. I don’t have that experience. And even if you manage to build and mod that team correctly, it will require careful strategy against JKR while JKR teams will beat you on auto.

Ewoks are fun team to play. You will need at least Logray to open C3PO. It will be easier with Wicket but he is pain to farm. G11 and your best mods are minimum to keep your sanity. If you give them super fast mods, they are not a bad team but you will need those mods for your CLS team.

Now is a great time to farm Bastila, Jolee and Zaalbar with temporary increase of fleet energy refreshes you have ten tries for each of them almost daily.
  • Options
    0-3 again. This time I didn't even get enough in rewards to upgrade anything except an E model. What a great reward. It really helps.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

And that is a bad farming strategy. I know it because I did the same mistake. People are saying that CLS with Chewbacca and C3PO is counter to JKR. I don’t have that experience. And even if you manage to build and mod that team correctly, it will require careful strategy against JKR while JKR teams will beat you on auto.

Ewoks are fun team to play. You will need at least Logray to open C3PO. It will be easier with Wicket but he is pain to farm. G11 and your best mods are minimum to keep your sanity. If you give them super fast mods, they are not a bad team but you will need those mods for your CLS team.

Now is a great time to farm Bastila, Jolee and Zaalbar with temporary increase of fleet energy refreshes you have ten tries for each of them almost daily.

This is terrible advice
  • Options

This is terrible advice

So give OP a better one. Your comment will not help them at all ...