If GA is going to have "Championship" designations

Then we should have F2P vs P2P titles. Most players might want to know the best F2Pers and how high they have gotten.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is p2p anyone who spent any money, no matter when?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah there's so many different levels of p2p. It wouldn't have any more meaning.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Only way to be a champion at GAC is to use the Wargames final solution
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You want price tags under names too? "I see this players has spent 79k$ on his account". Yeah that would make everything better lol.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Then we should have F2P vs P2P titles.

I disagree, respectfully.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nope this would discourage P2P players and for the games health we definitely do not want that.

It would become a public badge of honor to be a F2P champion, as I think the F2P title would carry more community weight than the P2P titles.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Nope this would discourage P2P players and for the games health we definitely do not want that.

lol whatever

people be paying double/triple to get their handle on top...

the only reason it should never happen is because the concept is just meh (using meh instead of what I want to say because of filter)
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

lol whatever

people be paying double/triple to get their handle on top...

the only reason it should never happen is because the concept is just meh (using meh instead of what I want to say because of filter)

I don't know I just think the F2P titles would be more sought after by the community in general which would affect spending.

I mean if a P2P is the champion then that is what is expected (You paid to Win), but if a F2P is the champion then that seems like a more valuable accomplishment (you know the whole David vs Goliath scenario).

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Yeah there's so many different levels of p2p. It wouldn't have any more meaning.
    I'm thinking:
    Goldfish (F2P bait for the rest)
    Piranha
    Halibut
    Tuna
    Whale
    Kraken
    :D
  • Options
    I am F2P and have only lost a single match and that was entirely my fault (I threw away a team because I wasn't paying close enough attention to notice the Nest on my opponents team)
  • Options
    It gets tougher as you progress
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm thinking:
    Piranha
    Halibut
    Tuna
    Whale
    Kraken

How do you forget minnow?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Then we should have F2P vs P2P titles. Most players might want to know the best F2Pers and how high they have gotten.
    Its 2019

Its time to end labels and payism
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I'm thinking:
    Piranha
    Halibut
    Tuna
    Whale
    Kraken

How do you forget minnow?
    I had minnow but added goldfish and decided to eat the minnow because I was peckish. :D
  • Options
    Dolphin?
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I'm ftp (except briefly when monthly crystal boosts were a thing) yet I'm undefeated so far. So are many other ftp in my guild. Quit whining that it's about money
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    I'm ftp (except briefly when monthly crystal boosts were a thing) yet I'm undefeated so far. So are many other ftp in my guild. Quit whining that it's about money

Who is whining? My original post here is asking for a champion title that gives props to P2Pers separate from F2Pers. We have titles now that come from things like doing 200 battles with an all Jedi team. Doing 3 years of F2P and taking 1st place in all your GA events seems far more worthy of a title.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Who is whining? My original post here is asking for a champion title that gives props to P2Pers separate from F2Pers. We have titles now that come from things like doing 200 battles with an all Jedi team. Doing 3 years of F2P and taking 1st place in all your GA events seems far more worthy of a title.

I don't disagree that it's an accomplishment, but I seriously doubt they'd add such a restrictive title to the game, especially since they get their funding from the p2p ppl, who would be unable to obtain it. Remember, it's a business, and they wanna keep their supporters happy and spending.
  • Options
    I believe this is what divisions are supposed to indicate
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

They indicate money OR time spent.
  • Options

They indicate money OR time spent.

and good decision making
  • Options
    More incentive for people to cheat.
  • Options

"Most players"? I must be a minority, then, because I don't care if my rivals are p2p or f2p.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Why are paying players any less worthy? If you find them less worthy, why single them out?

Just trying to find out, what drives your line of thinking.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Why are paying players any less worthy? If you find them less worthy, why single them out?

The comparison I presented in what you quoted is stating the Jedi Knight Title is less worthy of a title than being a GA champion across your total GA's without dropping coin.

From CG's perspective I can understand how they would see it as saying, "Congratulations for being successful in our game without paying for it", but at the same time there are people that go hunt lions and then there are people that pay poachers to help them get set up to assassinate lions for a photo-shot. We view 1 of them as the real hunter
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

The comparison I presented in what you quoted is stating the Jedi Knight Title is less worthy of a title than being a GA champion across your total GA's without dropping coin.

Again:
    Why are paying players (who achieve the same things as non-paying players) any less worthy?

Again:
    Why single those 'unworthy' players out?

I already understood, that you think this is how it is, and what should be done. That's not what I ask. Please explain the why you find them less worthy, and why they should be singled out.