Rex and Fives the new 4th and 5th for Padme?

Title says it all. With Ashoka getting synergy to the 501st, Rex getting aerial advantage buff... Fives being a taunting tank and can save and buff Rex...

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    5s actually sounds like a good idea. Would allow me to put clone chewie back on my scoundrel team.

I dont remember though - do counters and assists eat up charges of courage? Because that is CWCs big advantage is he just sits there and builds up 20 stacks and then one shots everyone. If 5s counters eat up charges won't have that damage burst.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    5s actually sounds like a good idea. Would allow me to put clone chewie back on my scoundrel team.

I dont remember though - do counters and assists eat up charges of courage? Because that is CWCs big advantage is he just sits there and builds up 20 stacks and then one shots everyone. If 5s counters eat up charges won't have that damage burst.

Any attack will eat up charges so will decrease his ability to build up like CWC. But, wouldn't each attack add 25% max health damage to Rex's ultimate? Or is that only count their turn?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Reading it seems like should only count actual turns and not counters.

Thinking about this some more - Padme teams already have BIG HITS with courage, so I think it would be better to save Rex and his for another team.
  • Options
    Protection up only gets converted to courage at the beginning of a turn. So 5s could sit there countering all day, and as long as he doesn't take a turn, he won't gain or use any stacks of courage. Although if you hit him enough, all that prot up will eventually go away and he won't get any courage anyway.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    The other problem is you won't want to use Rex cleanse because it won't add the prot up like padme will (which adds the courage stacks for removed debuffs). So I guess you could have him slower than padme for just the TM boost, but it seems odd after always having him be the fastest.

I can only see him possibly replacing 3p0 (ahsoka is a must, and she gets added offense from ani and gk, so I can't see removing any of them, generally speaking). In this case you give up a lot of cooldown reductions and added stacks of courage. Enough stacks of courage can equal an instakill already... and cooldown reduction is HUGE especially for padme. It just doesn't seem like Rex will be enough to replace c3p0.

I think the devs really thought this though and intentionally designed it so that the clones work best together, and not on a GR squad.

That said, I'm definitely going to give it a try the first chance I get.
  • Options
    No tm boosts in padme teams though..
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    As Padme lead only prevents debuffs while protection up, Rex can be useful to have the tenacity up to prevent being debuffed while protection up is not on. Although no gain of TM

Also Rex gives 4% speed boost per every 501st member in the team.

It may be an option to use while you develop a better one

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The other problem is you won't want to use Rex cleanse because it won't add the prot up like padme will (which adds the courage stacks for removed debuffs). So I guess you could have him slower than padme for just the TM boost, but it seems odd after always having him be the fastest.

I can only see him possibly replacing 3p0 (ahsoka is a must, and she gets added offense from ani and gk, so I can't see removing any of them, generally speaking). In this case you give up a lot of cooldown reductions and added stacks of courage. Enough stacks of courage can equal an instakill already... and cooldown reduction is HUGE especially for padme. It just doesn't seem like Rex will be enough to replace c3p0.

I think the devs really thought this though and intentionally designed it so that the clones work best together, and not on a GR squad.

That said, I'm definitely going to give it a try the first chance I get.

What if you want gk saved for a jkr team...

That being said, you all bring up good points so probably not an ideal tank...