Why are GAC division 1 and 2 so much more difficult?

I understand that it’s higher GP but the fact that there is no one in kyber yet for division 1 and 2 but there is for other divisions seems crazy. There will likely be some from 1 and 2 in kyber after this round.

Is it because people in lower division are keeping their rosters light and facing people with much weaker rosters? I’m just having a hard time understanding how there is that big of a discrepancy between all divisions outside of 1 and 2.

Replies

• Options
    The proportion of required to possible points seems to be off.
  • Options
    Probably because those rosters are deeper than the grand canyon and the matches are much tougher would be my guess.

No, there were people that were still undefeated, doing most of the feats and hadn't hit kyber until this round. It was literally two more matches worth of points for people in division 1 and 2 to get to kyber.
  • Options
    It is definitely unequal in terms of imput from div 1&2 and div 3.
    I haven't seen this addressed anywhere by CG but i could be wrong on that one.
    Regardless it is unjustifiable that they miss out on their appalling rewards.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Probably because those rosters are deeper than the grand canyon and the matches are much tougher would be my guess.

Actually, for some reason, the amount of points you need is so much higher then everything below that even a deeper roster means nothing.

You need every single point you can get to make it, whereas in lower divisions, you can lose THREE matches and still make Kyber.
  • Options
    Well, Div 1 and 2 have 2 battles more every match, or 6 battles more every round (like having an extra match each round compared with Div 3 & 4), or having 3 extra matches (or an entire extra round) every Championship, so it is understandable that they need to get more points to upgrade to each level, as there is an ability to earn many more points. Pretty self explanatory really.
  • Options
    Tiig wrote: »
    Well, Div 1 and 2 have 2 battles more every match, or 6 battles more every round (like having an extra match each round compared with Div 3 & 4), or having 3 extra matches (or an entire extra round) every Championship, so it is understandable that they need to get more points to upgrade to each level, as there is an ability to earn many more points. Pretty self explanatory really.

So at 12 battles per GAC there are 24 extra battles for division 1 and 2. If you earn 150 per battle (90 offense, 60 defense) that’s an extra 3600 points you get if you are in Division 1. You also get more chances to complete feats of course, but you don’t get extra feats. But the difference in Kyber is 7,000 points. The math doesn’t really add up.
  • Options

So at 12 battles per GAC there are 24 extra battles for division 1 and 2. If you earn 150 per battle (90 offense, 60 defense) that’s an extra 3600 points you get if you are in Division 1. You also get more chances to complete feats of course, but you don’t get extra feats. But the difference in Kyber is 7,000 points. The math doesn’t really add up.

It's because the rewards are so much better that they expect us to perform.... ok nm I can't say it with a straight face 😂
  • Options
    Well, Div 1 and 2 have 2 battles more every match, or 6 battles more every round (like having an extra match each round compared with Div 3 & 4), or having 3 extra matches (or an entire extra round) every Championship, so it is understandable that they need to get more points to upgrade to each level, as there is an ability to earn Wmany more points. Pretty self explanatory really.

That'd justify making kyber require more points to enter, but not to the extent that it is.

Difference between 1,2 and 3,4 appears to be around 4k points. Difference in entering kyber is 7k points. That isn't right.

Btw, division 5,6 are 2k points behind 3,4 and the rest are 2k again behind that, which makes sense:

1,2 set 8 teams
    3,4 set 6
    5,6 set 5
    7+ set 4

The jumps in league should be proportional to that, but they aren't at all.
  • Options
    There is an easy answer to this.

D1 are your longest term spenders. By making it harder to reach Kyber, EA is hoping that their most dedicated spenders will throw more money at the problem rather than quit.

Spenders existing at in the lower divisons, on the other hand, are given a gilded path as they climb the divisional ladder. "Look how easy your money is making this!" Encouraging them to spend even more!
  • Options

D1 are your longest term spenders. By making it harder to reach Kyber, EA is hoping that their most dedicated spenders will throw more money at the problem rather than quit.

Spenders existing at in the lower divisons, on the other hand, are given a gilded path as they climb the divisional ladder. "Look how easy your money is making this!" Encouraging them to spend even more!

Why does every thread turn into whale hate
  • Options
    The guy with the calculator was off. They ran out of fingers to count on and guessed the number
  • Options
    Yep kyber requirements for div 2 (and probably 1 as well) are off. I’m currently 10-1 with a 1500 point win and a 1500 point loss. All other wins have been close to or over 1900 points. I’ve completed most feats. I currently cannot make kyber even if I get another 1900 point win. For reference, 1900 points is 57.5 points per victory.

I was in div 3 last GAC, went 9-3, and finished within 2000 points of kyber. I also completed far fewer feats last time and had less efficient games (fewer clears, more second time wins, etc.).
  • Options
    super_ro wrote: »

Your reading comprehension is poor. There was 0 hate of whales in my comment. I made no judgments about whales whatsoever.

What I did do, however, was accurately acknowledge the reality of freemium gaming and the ways in which players are manipulated to spend.

Full Disclosure: I sit in D1 at ~5.3M.
  • Options
    Looks like either CG is bad at maths or wants Division 1 and 2whales to whale harder to get into Kybar.
  • Options
    super_ro wrote: »

Your reading comprehension is poor. There was 0 hate of whales in my comment. I made no judgments about whales whatsoever.

What I did do, however, was accurately acknowledge the reality of freemium gaming and the ways in which players are manipulated to spend.

Full Disclosure: I sit in D1 at ~5.3M.

Whale harder 🤟

Spending doesn’t help with GAC. you whale on relics you only battle others that have done the same