Hyperdrive bundle is a horrible horrible idea

This is a really bad idea imo!!! This is going to squeeze new ftp players into a hole they can't dig out of out the gate.

Replies

• TVF
    36678 posts Member
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    This is a really bad idea imo!!! This is going to squeeze new ftp players into a hole they can't dig out of out the gate.

They're already in that hole, and they already can dig out eventually. This will speed up the time frame for the hole to be dug initially. Otherwise I'm skeptical it will change much.

It also will be crazy expensive if it's actually useful.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

They're already in that hole, and they already can dig out eventually. This will speed up the time frame for the hole to be dug initially. Otherwise I'm skeptical it will change much.

Yeah, but it's going to deter a lot of newer players once they see someone in their arena shard at lvl 85 with most toons unlocked and higher gear levels while they're stuck at lvl 30 and gear 4. Essentially turns it into a Whale once, never pay again, because they're gonna get all their competition to stop playing.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Unless it contains 20 stun guns, 20 carbantis,
    20 cuffs and 10 kyrotech (complete units not parts) it's going to do nothing to really accelerate a new player gearing up a squad. Wont even get a g12 pheonix squad with that & they are useless mostly.

If it does contain that it will be so expensive to offset veteran players buying it instead of normal crystals from shipments it's going to be useless.

It will most likely contain 100 shards for some 5 star unlocks of average characters, purple ability mats and lower and a load of trash gear you get from the existing character packs nobody needs.

Along with a token 2k Crystal's for a grand old price of £89.99.
  • Options
    Genuinely new players are already at a large disadvantage to mini energy hording accounts joining arenas with 7 star trayas.
  • TVF
    36678 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Yeah, but it's going to deter a lot of newer players once they see someone in their arena shard at lvl 85 with most toons unlocked and higher gear levels while they're stuck at lvl 30 and gear 4. Essentially turns it into a Whale once, never pay again, because they're gonna get all their competition to stop playing.

There's not much difference between seeing them at level 85 and level 75 when you're level 30.
  • Options

There's not much difference between seeing them at level 85 and level 75 when you're level 30.

Except there is. Plenty more gear levels unlock at level 80/85.
  • Options

You mean like this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XMVVrjfPwNg
  • TVF
    36678 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Except there is. Plenty more gear levels unlock at level 80/85.

There's not much effective difference. A level 30 f2p player (such as my alt not too long ago) doesn't need to care what's at the top because there's no way to get there no matter the level and gear of those top players.
  • Options
    I said to my gf when they said they were going to introduce a catch-up mechanic and then started putting out small pack that this was their catch-up mechanic. CG will not put anything in the game where players can actually play the game and use it to catch up. They are so delusional with their "content-rich" game... there is no content... and everything they have planned to release is just for $ not content to play. We've stopped spending money because there is no content to play.
  • Options
    I’ll take it if you can pick your characters and ships and it also has GET1-2 in it.