Double drops date: November 23d or 24th?

Alejandrrro
10 posts Member
edited November 2019
The content update says:
"In honor of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes' fourth anniversary, we will be rewarding double drops on Light Side Battles, Dark Side Battles, Mod Battles, Cantina Battles and Fleet Battles on 11/24, 11/25, and 11/26"

Today I received an inbox message that says double drops start on 11/23.

Which information is correct?

Replies

• Options
    Please can someone confirm.
  • Options
    Yeah, good question, 23 or 24? Is good to plan a bit ahead
  • Options
    Mine said the 24th, 25th and 26th. I didnt see 23rd in there at all
  • Options
    It's an error of Russian localization. 24th is correct
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I just hope ARC trooper comes during that time. I have A LOT of cantina energy stored for him. I'm talking 1500
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat We could really use an answer here.

Easy enough to get one at this point, since we have another thread with someone complaining that it's the 23rd where they live and there are no double drops. Double drops are always based on local time zone, as opposed to CG's, which means the real start date is 11/24.
  • Options
    Has there been a double drops that didn't start at your daily refresh of the day it was scheduled for? Thats all I can remember
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Has there been a double drops that didn't start at your daily refresh of the day it was scheduled for? Thats all I can remember

Yes, very early on in the game. But about 3 years or so ago they changed it so it starts at midnight local time.
  • Options
    Double drops have not started on 23rd for me, they fuckedup again for some players. OK
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Easy enough to get one at this point, since we have another thread with someone complaining that it's the 23rd where they live and there are no double drops. Double drops are always based on local time zone, as opposed to CG's, which means the real start date is 11/24.

tl;dr - many of us have been burned before based on how CG implement these counter - sometimes midnight-ish their time, sometimes based on payout time, sometimes getting the date/time completely wrong and never including the time zone code.

What is local time zone? What is a "real" start date? Because I live in CG's time zone but my daily refresh is set to a different time zone. I wouldn't be asking this question if it had not happened before that double drops started at odd times of the day for me and that for most of the dates CG gives, I have to think one day earlier due to my changed payout. UTC is the de facto time zone for any software engineer. It's unambiguous and easy to develop code and communicate times if you always use it. Users don't even have to know about the UTC storage so long as they are not using a VPN and the client converts it to their local time for them.

Local time zone always means it’s tied to a your refresh time. Typically for double drops this means it starts and ends when your daily reset occurs.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    It's already happened.