Malevolence vs. Negotiator

Has anyone seen a post where CG has said that Malevolence will counter Negotiator? I have been sitting on GEC2 currency since it came out waiting for Malevolence, but I don't want to go crazy on Malevolence until I know that it can counter Negotiator.

Anyone? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    I don't believe they ever said that. But given how the power creep works it will be stronger, and even if not it will most likely be needed in a future event, and even in the worst case they you aren't sure it can't counter. You still have all the currency to spend on the Negotiator, just might be a week or two behind everyone else
  • Options
    There is no official kit for the Malevolence yet. But if it's the one from the event, it won't blow Negotiator out of the water, especially when you have fewer supporting ships and 2 of them are probably still at or below 5*.

With LS TB coming, those with Negotiator will do better in the ship section and ultimately will have both capital ships sooner, but at this point waiting another week to see how things are is not a bad idea.
  • Options
    For your information, LS TB phase 4 require 7 star negotiator.
  • Options
    I will wait a few days after the Ship is available an make my decition then.

btw ... Every phase in LS Geo TB will require 7* Toons/Ships. There are no 6* Phases like in DS Geo TB. So most of all Players won't get any chance to use their shiny 5*/6* Nego.
  • Options
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    So most of all Players won't get any chance to use their shiny 5*/6* Nego.
    For another few weeks, until they start earning more GET 2, and again, will have both ships maxed sooner.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t recall an official post from CG ever stating that one team will counter another. That’s not the type of statement they would make.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Both Negotiator and Malevolence will be farmed with GET2.

Malevolence will almost certainly be a bit better than Negotiator but not much. Why not much? Because they just released Negotiator not long ago and many people don't even have it yet. They don't want to chase something out of the META before it even gets 7*. So the 2 will be roughly equal as far as arena goes.

Now CG made a mistake. They should have released the cap ships with their respective sides instead of how they did. If they had released Malevolence with dark side TB, it could/would be required for missions. But they didn't they released Negotiator with it, and you can bet your bottom dollar it will be required in light side TB.

So, logically thinking, Negotiator is almost certain to be the cap ship that should be farmed first as they should be roughly equal in arena prowess, but Neg will be required for things and Mal will not.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    So, logically thinking, Negotiator is almost certain to be the cap ship that should be farmed first as they should be roughly equal in arena prowess, but Neg will be required for things and Mal will not.

I generally agree with this, except that I think they could update DSGTB to require the Malevolence in the mission that requires Geonosians. It would be an unusual move for CG but not one that would surprise me.
  • Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I generally agree with this, except that I think they could update DSGTB to require the Malevolence in the mission that requires Geonosians. It would be an unusual move for CG but not one that would surprise me.

Yeah, it would be a move that would have Palpatine standing over my shoulder saying: "Good, Good! Let the Hate flow through you!",

...but it wouldn't surprise me either.
  • Options
    I hoarded GET2 for a while, but one day just to heck with it and started using it all on the Negotiator. I figured that it would be needed for LS Geo, and wasn't surprised when that became the case. I'm 65 shards away, so probably 4-5 more tb's to finish it. Then I can just concentrate on the other ship.
  • Options
    They never said it would "counter" Negotiator. For that matter, they've never said anything would "counter" anything prior to its release, but that hasn't stopped loads of dumb-dumbs from convincing themselves they did.

I'm going all-in on the Sep fleet regardless. I've already got the pilots geared versus my GR pilots mostly chilling at g8, so it's an easy decision.