So how many people are unregistering from swgohgg - you know the cheaters will

I don’t see the battle logs lasting long. Anyone who takes GAC seriously is just going to remove their account from swgohgg. I can’t see swgohgg maintaining this if they lose 20%-50% of their users. I also thought this was done to prevent cheating. Can’t cheaters just delete their swgohgg account?

Replies

• Options
    I believe they said they’ll be posting data for all players soon, whether or not they have a profile. That pretty much makes it useless to remove yourself 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Per the swogh.gg response on Reddit, it doesn't matter. If you are not registered, it will create an "account" of sorts for you to display data from what I understand. That should be active by weeks end. So, it doesn't matter if you are officially registered or not, your battle data will be viewable by all is my understanding.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cheaters can unregister or choose not to sign up but their attacks / teams used would still be in your GAC history
  • Options
    Deleting your swgoh.gg account does not delete GAC histories. Even after you delete your account your GAC results are still fed to the site and your future opponents will still be able to see your GAC histories, according to a reddit post from the swgoh.gg team.
  • Options
    Ok so cheaters still going to cheat, but if you delete your account your opponent at least won’t be able to see your previous defenses, correct?
  • Options
    1. Every single player's data is on .gg, whether they are signed up or not. Just go to the right URL (https://swgoh.gg/p/{allycode}/gac-history/) and you can see it.
    2. It's not exclusive to .gg. The data is available in the game client, just like other data, which means eventually some of the bots people use will pull it
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Ok so cheaters still going to cheat, but if you delete your account your opponent at least won’t be able to see your previous defenses, correct?

No, not correct. See #1.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    1. Every single player's data is on .gg, whether they are signed up or not. Just go to the right URL (https://swgoh.gg/p/{allycode}/gac-history/) and you can see it.
    2. It's not exclusive to .gg. The data is available in the game client, just like other data, which means eventually some of the bots people use will pull it

No, not correct. See #1.

Holy crap so there is no way to prevent your opponents from seeing your previous defenses. None at all.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Cheaters can unregister or choose not to sign up but their attacks / teams used would still be in your GAC history

Wouldn't make it harder to search for all their battles though if they were unreigistered?
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options

No, not correct. See #1.

Holy crap so there is no way to prevent your opponents from seeing your previous defenses. None at all.

And nothing will prevent you from scouting your opponents.

Work both ways, let's the best strategist win.
  • Options

No, not correct. See #1.

No. So what?

Wouldn't make it harder to search for all their battles though if they were unreigistered?

Kind of? Just means you have to manually type the URL.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah. I don’t think you can find their past battles except by looking at the other 6 players in the GAC bracket and see who fought him and what teams he used against them
  • Options
    GJO wrote: »

No, not correct. See #1.

And nothing will prevent you from scouting your opponents.

Work both ways, let's the best strategist win.

This. Some of y’all have never strategized for anything and it shows.
  • Options

So, yes, but not during GAC. I found a guy on my arena without a .gg account, but I have no idea what his ally code is, because it's not displayed outside of GAC.
  • Options

Yeah. I don’t think you can find their past battles except by looking at the other 6 players in the GAC bracket and see who fought him and what teams he used against them

Right. And you wouldn't be able to find their previous GACs.

Trying to identify an unregistered cheater could be very difficult if they aren't blatant because you need history to inform you.

For example, a well modded SE squad with lower relics (r3/4) can occasionally beat a r7 GAS team if the AI targets HK off the bat instead off maurader or DR. If all goes well its maybe a 1/10 win rate. So if someone uses a low relic revan to beat your r7 gas, you can't automatically assume they cheat. But if you look at the last 7 times he played r7 gas with his low relic revan and he won every time.... then its worth reporting.
  • Options

The site has already said they are working on the ability to view everyone's GAC history, whether they have an account on the site or not. This feature is a work in progress....CG hasn't even announced it yet.
  • Options

The site has already said they are working on the ability to view everyone's GAC history, whether they have an account on the site or not. This feature is a work in progress....CG hasn't even announced it yet.

OK. Was not aware.
  • Options

So a 3rd party site has access to our gaming data regardless of if we agree to their terms of service or not, seems legally this can be dipping into the grey with all the privacy laws now....

it's only a matter of time until someone starts a litigation, frivolous or not...
  • Options
    Unregistering won’t help them. You can still see how your opponent fights your team even they don’t have a swgoh.gg account
  • Options
    You cannot hide from GAC History. Just put their ally code in and it'll show up.
  • Options

So a 3rd party site has access to our gaming data regardless of if we agree to their terms of service or not, seems legally this can be dipping into the grey with all the privacy laws now....

it's only a matter of time until someone starts a litigation, frivolous or not...

I’m pretty sure your gaming data doesn’t qualify as PII.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.