Mod Double Drops

I don't think it's fair that living on the other side of the world (Australia), I only get 2 and a half days of double drops!
As it was already the 11th when the double drops started I had spent all my energy already! It would be nice if there was enough notice for all timezones before starting double drops!

Replies

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Downloaded the update and to my surprise 12hrs has already been used. Just lovely, thanks cg.

a7hrpbfsueqe.jpeg

Why are players in other countries not being treated fairly @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    Yep i couldn't even get into the game til nearly 9pm last night after the update, all i got was a black screen! So yeah also in Au & over half a day already over since my reset at 7am. Came on here to see if these double drops were moving around the cantina after this (eg ls/ds battles, fleet etc) but can't even see an announcement about the mod drops. Wanted to know if i had to buy refreshes of other modes before reset.
  • Options
    Change your payout times. I still have 2 days 15hrs left and I'm in Aus also
  • Options
    These kinds of things are always based on your local time, specifically for the reason you stated.
  • Options
    It was already halfway through Dec 11th in countries such as Australia and New Zealand when the update occurred. The double drops started at the beginning of the 11th and as a result the counter immediately showed half a day used already.

We often get little to no warning about double drops compared to players in the USA. But never had an update before (in the 3 years I’ve been playing) where the counter has already had time used up.
  • Chjamack
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I understand that I can change my payout time. But why should I have to do that? They could have given a bit more notice. Maybe even started the drops a day later.

Hopefully next time they can be aware that they are screwing us over on the other side of the world.

Sorry @StarSon I don't understand what you mean... What was the reason I stated?
  • Options
    I started a similar thread on this exact thing. I live in Japan and double drops only became active a solid 7 or 8 hours into my December 11th.

Meanwhile, others who got the same notification as us on our side of the world get use their refreshes on the 10th to the 13th while we just get our 12th and 13th.

I travel to Canada in the summer for three weeks each year. That is when I use my payout adjustments. Shouldn't need to use them to take advantage of double drops.

Double drops happen based on where you are. The earliest time zone should get 48 hours notice at a minimum so that all players can all plan accordingly.

@CG_SBCrumb any comments are just the usual radio silence when you upset your player base due to decisions made at your end?

Seriously, this needs to given consideration for all future double drop events.
  • Options
    So, am I correct that instead of being happy because of unexpected double drop you are upset that someone got more than you? 🤨
  • Options
    Anyway this mod double drop is pretty useless
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Lol why?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    We just got some mod salvage materials. I just hoard them until i get around 1000 pieces then upgrade bunch of mods at once.

At least cantina double drop i m excited for it because it really helps to 7* some toons faster but mod double not so exciting
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »
    So, am I correct that instead of being happy because of unexpected double drop you are upset that someone got more than you? 🤨

Didn't effect me, but I see OP's complaint as one of very few legitimate complaints on this forum (high volume of bugs in new releases and requests for more regular smaller pieces of gameplay content being the others).

Complaining about high price points, bad TB/GAC/Raid rewards, difficulty levels, gear bottle necks, matchmaking etc. etc. all silly complaints if you ask me because they are the same for everyone and taken seriously this is a PvP resource game where equity of access to resources is the most important thing to game integrity/fairness. OP is potentially 100 to 150 or so mods behind other players who used lots of their energy refreshes on the first day of double drops.

Lack of equity in access to resources is an important concern even if 1 day of bonuses doesn't seem like much in one instance.
  • Options

OP is potentially 100 to 150 or so mods behind other players who used lots of their energy refreshes on the first day of double drops.

Lack of equity in access to resources is an important concern even if 1 day of bonuses doesn't seem like much in one instance.

The same way as for OP I used all mods energy before update and I didnt have any notification. (Though I dont care that someone somewhere used more energy...)

Also I used more energy to get mod salvage and I upgraded several mods to 6*. So, one really can get 100-150 mods in *one* day?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Lol why?

Because 2x0 = 0 ??
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

Lol why?

Because 2x0 = 0 ??

Y’all must be playing a different game than me. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten zero drops on either mod table. I’m building up my slicing material nicely and don’t look forward to the end of this double drop.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever gotten zero drops on either mod table. I’m building up my slicing material nicely and don’t look forward to the end of this double drop.

There was time when mod drop rate was the same as shards drop rate. And then they increased mod drop rate to 100% (and decreased quality)
    And then launched mod energy and, I suspect, decreased quality again.... :/
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Didn't effect me, but I see OP's complaint as one of very few legitimate complaints on this forum (high volume of bugs in new releases and requests for more regular smaller pieces of gameplay content being the others).

Complaining about high price points, bad TB/GAC/Raid rewards, difficulty levels, gear bottle necks, matchmaking etc. etc. all silly complaints if you ask me because they are the same for everyone and taken seriously this is a PvP resource game where equity of access to resources is the most important thing to game integrity/fairness. OP is potentially 100 to 150 or so mods behind other players who used lots of their energy refreshes on the first day of double drops.

In some cases they are talking about hours. Hoard your energy and don't do a refresh until double drops. Solves most of the problems.

That's the point of this thread. These double drops started midday for some people. As in they had 0 warning to hoarde energy or to sit on the mod energy refresh. The double drops 'started' at their nightly refresh that happened hours before it was even announced we were getting double drops.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

In some cases they are talking about hours. Hoard your energy and don't do a refresh until double drops. Solves most of the problems.

Hoard our energy? We didnt know double drops were coming. Every morning I do three 50 crystal refreshes for mod energy. On December 11th I did my normal refreshes. Hours later the update rolled out and double drops for the 11th, 12th and 13th were announced.

Sorry, but I don't see how I am at fault here. Also don't understand how it isn't completely obvious to you that this was another mistake by cg.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »

Lol why?

Because 2x0 = 0 ??

Y’all must be playing a different game than me. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten zero drops on either mod table. I’m building up my slicing material nicely and don’t look forward to the end of this double drop.

/whoosh