Hux g12.. what?

Why does he need a g11 finisher piece for g10 and none at the correct gear tier? Just seems unnecessary

Replies

• Options
    CG gotta chase that bread
  • Options
    I mean... that was the delay, right? So they could ‘fix’ his gear list.

(PS, one of my guild mates just took him to g12. At 3 stars. Totally fixed.)
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

The update note only says that they fixed it requiring 7* to equip at g10, so they likely didn't swap gear tiers
  • Teddygz
    106 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • Avaiam
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I took mine to G12 at 3* as well.
  • Options
    <Insert long, drawn out sigh here>
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    They shouldn't even bother with a fix or rollback at this point. What bug will arise once they fix this?
  • Options
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

Avaiam wrote: »
    I took mine to G12 at 3* as well.

Classic.
  • Options
    Oh for...seriously? Lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Lmao let's go CG!

Now that you made us happy with non 7* being g12 maybe keep it
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Lmao let's go CG!

Now that you made us happy with non 7* being g12 maybe keep it

Would definitely help those General Skywalker owners out.

I wouldn’t mind it for Wat either.
  • Options
    Geez. They really can't release anything that's not broken, can they? The last few months have been disastrous in terms of bugs, glitches and other development fails. I think we should coin a new term just for CG. Instead of using "bugged" or "WAI" we should just use "BAI", as in "Bugged as intended". Because at this point it's really just a huge comedy.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Now crumbs comment about 6 star characters at g12 from last weeks update is making sense...

And we all thought it was just poor proofreading and an oversight, but it sure seems like under 7 star and g12 is a thing of the present and future, not just malaak and the past.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Could be prepping us for Mods upgrade, since we are about to get 6-D to 6-A mods, they might be lowering the g12 barrier so that our mods aren't unused on newer / premium toons until they are 7 stars

It also raises the question whether new Kylo / Rey will be 7 star unlock or not
  • Options
    So... just thinking this out.

if g10 and g11 got swapped does that mean for everyone who doesn't have hux geared up yet will NOT be able to finish g10 (really g11) unless Hux is 7 star?
  • Disruptor92
    847 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Could be prepping us for Mods upgrade, since we are about to get 6-D to 6-A mods, they might be lowering the g12 barrier so that our mods aren't unused on newer / premium toons until they are 7 stars

Interesting. I haven't thought about this but it'd definitely be a step that makes sense. Making g12 available at < 7 stars would make lots of toons more viable (compared to the rather useless 5/6* g11). But if it was an intended feature, I'm sure the devs would have said or announced anything before making this change. As of now, I'm pretty sure they just messed up big time as always. But at least the mess-up is beneficial for the community so I'm not even upset. The worst thing that can happen is that it's not intended and that they'll roll it back to how it usually is.

• Options

if g10 and g11 got swapped does that mean for everyone who doesn't have hux geared up yet will NOT be able to finish g10 (really g11) unless Hux is 7 star?

That was the "fix". You wouldn't have been able to finish his G10 level unless he was 7* because the levels were swapped, so one of them had a star restriction at G10. They removed the restriction on that one gear piece, but didn't add one in at the G11 level.
  • Options

That was the "fix". You wouldn't have been able to finish his G10 level unless he was 7* because the levels were swapped, so one of them had a star restriction at G10. They removed the restriction on that one gear piece, but didn't add one in at the G11 level.

So either that was intentional - and likely will be the case moving forward.....or the fix needs fixing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Options
    image0.png

If you read this again with the assumption that they are getting rid of the 7* barrier for g12, it makes a lot more sense
  • Options
    image0.png

If you read this again with the assumption that they are getting rid of the 7* barrier for g12, it makes a lot more sense

I would prefer some kind of announcement. The last time I geared something based on an assumption (well, based on the stated calendar), it didn't go well. ;)

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    image0.png

I would prefer some kind of announcement. The last time I geared something based on an assumption (well, based on the stated calendar), it didn't go well. ;)

Asked and answered. Lol

• Options
    CG: "Well, if it makes money, what the heck, let's do it!"
  • Options
    Not sure why I didn't say originally, however them swapping g11 finishers is a sign that they may do this for other more important tiers down the line. It's a slippery slope with this kind of situation and I hope they keep these pieces to their original tiers regardless of how low the g level is. It's bad enough needing kyro at g9.