Returned player after 3 years away. What to do?

Hi. I have just came back to SWGOH a couple of days ago and trying my best to understand what is META and what I should focus my time and energy on. Last time I was here it was all about Geonosian Soldier and Count Dooku. I'm all new to ships, mods and Journey etc. I'm currently in level 80 and trying to get shards to unlock General Palpatine bc I feels like the one that is easiest for me to claim.

Therefore my questions is:
-what is smartest shards to farm in light/darkside, cantina shipments etc. Any character that I should try to get?
- I'm also new to modding, any tips there?
- What's the best ships for me to focus on?
- feels like the game has shifted focus towards synergies and what characters is best together. Any tips what I should focus on based on my current rooster?

Thank you, it's nice to be back!

vqjvfhuug4j8.jpg
zugff19zw9sj.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Remortgage.
  • Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    you’re a really really long way off a meta team.

I’d instead focus on getting into a guild that can a least so Haat raid so you can progress your roster.

In terms of what to farm it depends on what your objectives are but so many of the best teams require a lot of other legendaries.

I’d say look at the journey guide and try to get some of the legendaries (many are no longer time bound)

The most accessible meta PvP team for you is probably going to be Darth Revan, DS Bastilla, HK-47, Sith trooper Etc but by the time you’re ready he will be less useful.
  • Options
    Geonosians are still free to farm. I reckon they're your best bet.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • Ravenrvd
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    If you are trying to unlock Palpatine, farm up the Phoenix characters. That way you can unlock Thrawn as well.
  • Options
    I'd start over. You'll never be able to catch up in the arena.
  • Options
    Go for phoenix or geo's (don't go for geo's if you're not able to farm the brood alpha. Without him, they are not good)
  • Options
    Restart
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    plindboe wrote: »

Since mods are new to OP, I assume, that ships are new to him too. He could go all in on farming ships and pilots, to reach high ranks in fleet arena, and not worry too much about squad arena until he's settled in fleet arena.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Go find another game ,dont get addicted to this game like alot of us are..
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Lopcode

Good luck bro you’re gonna need it. During those 3 years others have progressed massively. In my arena shard several people quit the game and are now behind 500-1 million on GP. Also they’ve missed out on the more important newly released toons.

If you’re planning on climbing up arena ranks I’d suggest contacting arena shard members first before climbing. Last thing you wanna do is step on other people payout toes and becoming an enemy to your shard mates.

Contacting them first is the courteous thing to do.
    You’re gonna need those crystals to progress your roster in an attempt to catch up without spending tons of money.

Depended on how far your roster you created is.....you may wanna just start over. It’ll be easier to be competitive with others that have close to the same roster as yours.

• Options
    Yeah you should honestly just start over. The game has come a lot further then I think you know and you’ll never catch up without 1000s of dollars
  • Options
    Make a new account
  • Options
    Definitely new account and buy hyperdrive bundle unless you're planning on being EXTREMELY casual.
  • Options
    just quit again. This isn't a game it is just pain
  • Options
    go back 2 wut u were doing for 3 years
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Since mods are new to OP, I assume, that ships are new to him too. He could go all in on farming ships and pilots, to reach high ranks in fleet arena, and not worry too much about squad arena until he's settled in fleet arena.

That is virtually impossible without whaling like crazy. You'd need to spend thousands
  • Options
    Start a new account and buy the Hyperdrive Bundle. I started an alt account this week (F2P) and my shard is overflowing with players already dominating with 5* Bastila teams. Without it you're pretty much in for one long, long grind with very little reward.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

That is virtually impossible without whaling like crazy. You'd need to spend thousands

It's been done before f2p.
  • Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    "start again and buy the hyperdrive bundle" Seriously this response need to be forcefully inserted into the responders sphincter.