While Rancor Rewards are a topic, Stun Guns in T5 Rancor but not T6 and Heroic?

In T5 Rancor, every piece of gear related to rancor has the chance to drop as either a fully crafted piece or full prototype. Generally this full prototype is the more valuable portion of the full crafted version. Included in this is a MK5 Stun Gun Prototype.

In T6 and Heroic this piece disappears. Is there any reason for this?
ctb7yxjgxaeo.jpg
fed9xe9ui215.jpg

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Please tell me this isnt true.
  • Options
    Been this way for years. I just figured I bring it up again since the topic of Rancor rewards came up in dev announcments
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    So maybe you can help me: is there a way to tell between salvage that requires 50 pieces and the full piece? Ive never been able to tell the difference.

Also, I swear I have gotten a full stun gun before from heroic, although its been a while. But now I dont see it... Maybe I'm just crazy.
  • Options
    So in the case of stun guns, there are multiple parts.
    There is the FULLY crafted stun gun.
    Which in total is:
    -Single MK1 Holo Projector (the green piece)
    -Fully Crafted MK3 Carbanti (50 salvages), there
    -MK5 Stun Gun Protoype (50 salvages)

In my pictures above, lets look at the picture labeled T5. The Piece I have circled is a MK5 Stun Gun Prototype which is made by combining 50 Salvages. Prototypes are pictured using a blueish type wire frame picture like the one circled. Bottom row 3rd piece is another "prototype" piece of reference.

The darkish brown pieces you see listed in the rewards are individual salvages. Look at the entire 2nd row of the picture. Those are all individual salvages. For the majority of those pieces you need 50 salvages to make a full piece, be it prototype or full crafted.

Looks at the circled icon and look at the 2nd row 4th piece. Circled is a MK5 Stun gun prototype and the and piece 2nd row 4th piece is a salvage piece.
  • Options
    I’ve always thought the way they do gear is needlessly complicated, probably to make people accidentally buy the wrong thing. To look at the stun gun differences check out your weekly shipments (if you’re level 85). You can buy the full thing for like 2500, just the stun gun bit (50 pieces but no carb or green thing) for about 1250, or 10 pieces for 260. The icons are all slightly different.
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    Options
    The likelihood of having this changed now is far greater now that the PIT raid sim gives all members the same rewards. I would doubt giving away 50 x MK5 Stun Gun Prototype in a single raid would be part of the plan.
    I would be pretty happy to see them added though, as I need a few hundred full MK5 Stun Guns.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yeah I knew about the salvage v prototype v full piece. Just could not tell the salvage from the full. But you are right they are slight different. Salvage have a slight gold outline and full are more purple. Thanks.

0hy4r50ajxms.png
  • Options
    yeah, stun guns are not the best example, but to me the salvages look brown to me (and all the salvages look this same color to me) whereas the full pieces look "full color" to me. They aren't all the same color
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry I hijacked your thread. Would love to know answer for your original question.
  • Options
    Still hoping for an answer this time around
  • Options
    puhlease
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The red price box is in addition. You'll always have the chance for stun gun material from the yellow box if you're in top 10 and will get the red one as an extra when you're in top 3.
    n8xcntgpy8zc.png
    Why there isn't stun gun stuff in the red box you ask? Who knows..

Edit: In T6 you're having a doubled chance for stun guns if you're top 3 as the purple and the yellow box can contain them.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • BolderKS
    43 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    That’s not what I’m talking about here. I’m talking about the full Stun gun prototype (the crafted piece 50 salvaged turn into) not being in t6 and heroic while being there in t5. I’m not talking about salvage pieces.

This applies to all color boxes in heroic
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    BolderKS wrote: »
    That’s not what I’m talking about here. I’m talking about the full Stun gun prototype (the crafted piece 50 salvaged turn into) not being in t6 and heroic while being there in t5. I’m not talking about salvage pieces.

This applies to all color boxes in heroic

This may be due to the fact that it is a piece for mid tier gear levels and heroic stuff is simply above that.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • BolderKS
    43 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    If that’s the logic they are using it’s completley backwards.

For rancor raid specific pieces (non-node farmable pieces) of
    mk5 furnace, used 129 times
    Mk6 nubian designs used 94 times
    Mk7 Nubian scanners used 151 times
    Mk5 droid callers used 117 times

Mk5 stun guns are used more so than any of those piece. 202 times. Now without going deeper I’d imagine those stun guns are used at an average higher gear level than most of those other pieces. So I wouldn’t classify it as a lower piece. Mk5 Stun guns are also used and additional 102 times in g11 to g12 bridge pieces which can only be equipped on 7 star characters allowing them to reach g12.

Also, t6 and heroic contain full mk3 carbantis which are a part of the full mk5 stun gun. So regardless of quantity used, I’d definitely classify mk3 carbantis as “mid tier” yet it’s still there as a full piece.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    You tried treating it as bug at AnswerHQ? At least they will give you some sort of answer.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options
    Never noticed that, sad.😦
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I expect that stun guns account for more crystal purchases than any other kind of gear. The best way to reinforce that is to create scarcity.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    You tried treating it as bug at AnswerHQ? At least they will give you some sort of answer.

I wouldn't count on this. I've posted things there a few times and I've never gotten any response whatsoever. And then if you post it here it just gets moved with "go to answersHQ lolz" from a mod.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Just for fun. Would like to bump this again for some attention. Still need stun guns every day
  • Options
    Stun guns were removed from most places to force spending. It is currently the hardest thing in the game to get for me. G12 finishers are easier
  • Options
    @Kyno necro and no one cares anymore really
  • Options
    Why wouldn't people care. Given each Stun gun costs $20 or so it would be nice to have ways to acquire them easier.
  • Options
    I actually need more Stun Guns than any of the 4 Rancor gear (which I actually don't need anymore, except for the droid caller pieces for G13).

And now I wonder if my guild should do Rancor T5 instead of Heroic...?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/