Geo LSTB ship missions

What is the point of making a game mode that is not beatable? Do you even play the SM in phase 2? The lowest relic ship I have is R4 and I still was not able to even kill 1 ship before all of mine died. You know how fun it is to see my investment get 0 return? It's AMAZING.

Replies

• Options
    Without mentioning the famous appearance of the executrix with bounty hunters on geonosis during the clone wars.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Without mentioning the famous appearance of the executrix with bounty hunters on geonosis during the clone wars.

This happened before ebon hawk and Hound tooth came to help Holdo’s resistance ship in episode 8
  • Options
    Moechenche wrote: »
    What is the point of making a game mode that is not beatable? Do you even play the SM in phase 2? The lowest relic ship I have is R4 and I still was not able to even kill 1 ship before all of mine died. You know how fun it is to see my investment get 0 return? It's AMAZING.
    Quick question @Moechenche - how many platoons are you filling in ship zone, phase 1?

Our guild are finding the ship missions the same, but due to Ywing only just going farmable, we are still 0/6 on ship platoons phase 1.

Once we get them framed up so we can fill platoons, hopefully things will improve.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Quick question @Moechenche - how many platoons are you filling in ship zone, phase 1?

Our guild are finding the ship missions the same, but due to Ywing only just going farmable, we are still 0/6 on ship platoons phase 1.

Once we get them framed up so we can fill platoons, hopefully things will improve.

I am not Moechenche, but I can't wait to put all my best ships, especially those with a single hard node farm, to platoons :)

It will make a difference, but it still won't be fun.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »

I am not Moechenche, but I can't wait to put all my best ships, especially those with a single hard node farm, to platoons :)

It will make a difference, but it still won't be fun.

reminds me of every tb
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    What if this TB is for another relic tier? Or only doable with relic 7, all zetas, everything maxed? What if this is endgame content?
  • Options
    I don’t think there are too many teams that can complete all 4 waves of all the battles at the levels and gear we are at. GAS and maybe a Padmé team but not too many others. I think there was a vid of a JTR team doing multiple waves in Phase 1.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    LSTB sucks. Id say worse but suppression n all. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    What if this TB is for another relic tier? Or only doable with relic 7, all zetas, everything maxed? What if this is endgame content?

Why would they make end game content for a power spike that are waiting half a year to introduce. Why not give us something playable for that time. Or even better have a scaling difficulty so people with low relics and do p1 and high relics for p2 and have p3 and 4 be for the power spike much like dsgtb was
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »

Except even full relic 7 characters with 6* mods can still get 1 shot on Phase 1 with bad RNG. That's part of the concern. I honestly think it's going to require GLs to do well consistently.

Which is fine - but they should have released the plan for the light before yelling "good luck in the tunnel!" and shoving us in 3 months ago.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I hate this Geo LSTB. My entire guild hates it. We do it only cos the alternative has terrible rewards in comparison.
  • Options
    for galactic legends? yeah.. then one cm can be done. what about the rest? unless you wanna wait for 3-4 gl to come out with proper tags to be able to do the different missions. sounds fun for like 3-4 years from now. smh.
  • Options
    You can't really judge whether it's "not beatable" until you try it with full platoons. They do make a huge difference.
  • Options
    P2 normal ship squadron is beatable. I used Negotiator with JKA, Rex, 5’s. Reinforced with Sarge, AT, PLO. I had to survive long enough to change to Assault formation. My guild filled out 3/6 platoons in P1. But maybe I just had good RNG.
    * Personally, I think there is an elevated level of perceived frustration because it is unfamiliar. We are fighting new toons with new mechanics; and you get one shot to do your best and won’t try again for a month. So when I fail, it seems really hard, but it could be that I just need more practice....
  • Options
    I sent my ships and they died.
    Like ennemy has a bazooka and he explodes some flies
  • Options
    P2 normal ship squadron is beatable. I used Negotiator with JKA, Rex, 5’s. Reinforced with Sarge, AT, PLO. I had to survive long enough to change to Assault formation. My guild filled out 3/6 platoons in P1. But maybe I just had good RNG.
    * Personally, I think there is an elevated level of perceived frustration because it is unfamiliar. We are fighting new toons with new mechanics; and you get one shot to do your best and won’t try again for a month. So when I fail, it seems really hard, but it could be that I just need more practice....

The issue with this is that the special requires GalRep fleets. So using Negotiator for the normal combat means you’re not going to get the special completed.

But as I said above and others agreed with, we’ve got to see what happens when we can fill phase 1 platoons.
  • Options
    You get to watch your fleet die
  • Options
    Moechenche wrote: »

My g12 rebels had the same result. In fact, my g8 to 12 resistance without Holdo’s ship also had the same result.

You should have hoarded your gear lol.