Some questions about mechanics

Hello everyone,
I have some questions about the game mechanics. Most of them maybe trivial for you and perhaps just me who doesn't understand. Please help me comprehend. (I don't have datas so these are just my anecdotal observations :) )
1. IG-100 has an ability to get a final turn before die. Against JKR team IG never gets this bonus turn just simple dies. Why? Because the Direct Focus?
2. General Grievous health increase is stacking right? Then why it doesn't work against Sion in hstr? The damage outputs should grow all the time after GG use his special attack. I notice this is not always true.
3. Advantage vs crit. hit immunity. Which is the primary?
4. Nute Gunray's Extorsion against GMYoda bonus turn. According to Nute's leader ability description "each enemy that ends their turn with Extorsion dispels their own buffs". Against JKR team, GMY doesn't dispel his own buffs under Extorsion during his bonus turn just after. Why not? Bonus turn is not part of "ends their turn" category?
5. UM Kylo Ren protection recovery due to debuff. How credible it is that a 5 person 100k Empire team can't execute one piece of Kylo Ren for 4 minutes? Just because the Empire faction always put on debuffs (with basic and special abilities as well - this is their essence) this does not mean that a single opponent should hold on for 4 minutes against them, does it? This is currently the case in the game. The shock from Palpatine should prevent protection from recovering just as health recovering.
6. GG doesn't get bonus turn (based on his unique zeta) against Drevan&Malak. Why?
7. Nute's revive ability doesn't work against Drevan team. Why?
8. Revan Savior ability does not work against Drevan? I have noticed something like this several times. Or just too many of mine chars die during the disco lighting and I don't see the one who saved by Savior? :)
9. When there is an "all ally" text in the leader ability description it means or it applies to the leader too? For example: according to Revan's General ability all allies gain that speed and other bonuses, but not just them but Revan too, right? Is this true for Rex's leader and unique abilities too?
10. Last, but not least a question about the AI. It is just me who notice that the opponent AI is much more smarter than "my AI"? I don't like auto mode, because I don't trust the AI, but sometimes I let it go and that time I realize that differencies about the behaviors. E.g. the enemy AI Bastila ALWAYS put Rally (the buff tsunami) on GMY, then he spreads it to all allies which is the best step. When I use auto fight "my" Bastila NEVER put Rally on GMY, she put it on Old Ben or other chars, what doesn't make any sense. My Ezra and Jolee NEVER calls to assist GMY, instead they always call Old Ben... He? Why? I'm serious, in auto mode my Bastila never runs GMY, Jolee and Ezra neither. Why is my AI fool and the opponent AI is clever?

Thank you in advance for your answers, I appreciate it.

Replies

• thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    1. If Magna is stunned by direct focus, that will use up the bonus turn.

2. It will do, albeit slowly.

3. Crit immunity I think, but if my memory serves me correctly, they recently changed advantage so you wouldn't lose it hitting an enemy with crit immunity.

4. Yoda's bonus turn after what?

5. Perfectly credible, don't use a debuff heavy team against a character that relies on being inflicted with debuffs. Or get better empire, you have to have either very bad empire or very good KRU to not get through protection regen alone.

6. Yes he does, that's the entire point of the GG nuke team.

7.Enemies with deathmark can't be revived, if nute is leading and an ally falls below 50% health, that will be your issue.

8. It works, but it's possible that if you face a good team they take it out quicker than you expect, keep an eye out for Crit immunity.

9. Yes, it only doesn't apply if it says "All other allies" I believe.

10. There might be different AI, but whether there is or not, don't put auto on a fight unless it doesn't matter what happens, you can't expect the AI to fight well for you on either side.

May all be wrong, but that's AFAIK.
  • Options
    i will try and answer a few of these:

1. What is the situation around IG100 (magnaguard) not getting his bonus death turn? I have definitely experienced him getting it plenty against JKR.
    2. I apologize for having almost no details (someone will be along to correct me I am sure), but i believe sion stacks defense in hstr, so you may not always see damage ramp up with every single attack.
    3. Crit immunity
    4. Might be that the bonus turn doesn't actually register as a new turn. 0% sure though.
    5. Fracture kylo and it should be easy. but yes, applying a ton of debuffs without a way to prevent his hp/prot recovery is not a winning strategy.
    6. Did GG have fear? With fear he would get the bonus turn but not be able to do anything.
    7. Did nute have deathmark when killed? Characters killed with deathmark cannot be revived.
    8. Multiple characters could have died, but also shock will prevent the healing from savior, making it seem like it didn't proc.
    9. "All Allies" affects all allies. for revan's lead, he counts himself for the speed and stats boosts
    10. hmm..i have never really noticed a difference between my own AI and the opposing AI with regards to who Bastila buffs, but i definitely have had the opposing AI not buff GMY (or an attacker for that matter) plenty of times. Probably just RNG, but I would not be surprised if there is an algorithm based on stats/buffs on the board.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Olderaan
    184 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Thank you for the answers, they were helpful for me!
    About Yoda&Extersion issue: Yoda shouldn't keeps his buffs under Extorsion debuff (in case of opponent Nute leadership) no matter what kind of new turn he has. But because he keeps the buffs during his bonus or immediate turn I think this is not WAI. :)
  • Options

6. Did GG have fear? With fear he would get the bonus turn but not be able to do anything.
    7. Did nute have deathmark when killed? Characters killed with deathmark cannot be revived.
    8. Multiple characters could have died, but also shock will prevent the healing from savior, making it seem like it didn't proc.

Thank you all, especially these above were keys for me to understanding these mechanics.
    More question:
    "Fracture kylo and it should be easy. but yes, applying a ton of debuffs without a way to prevent his hp/prot recovery is not a winning strategy"
    How can I prevent UM Kylo protection recovery with teams dealing many debuffs? It seems to me Fracture doesn't stop the prot regeneration.
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

Thank you all, especially these above were keys for me to understanding these mechanics.
    More question:
    "Fracture kylo and it should be easy. but yes, applying a ton of debuffs without a way to prevent his hp/prot recovery is not a winning strategy"
    How can I prevent UM Kylo protection recovery with teams dealing many debuffs? It seems to me Fracture doesn't stop the prot regeneration.

Rey resistance works.
  • Options
    Health immunity and shock are your friends against KRU. Fracture doesnt work. So toons like JTR, EP, Malak, DR or toons with high one hit dmg like Han, Chewie, GG, gmy, anakin etc work.

Note: Be careful with CLS/Han/Chewie combo. If they lack the burst dmg, then you will get stuck in an endless loop where KRU never gets a turn due to CLS turn meter removal while Han and Chewie keep hitting him only to stack up his defence and not do enough dmg.
  • Options

About Yoda&Extersion issue: Yoda shouldn't keeps his buffs under Extorsion debuff (in case of opponent Nute leadership) no matter what kind of new turn he has. But because he keeps the buffs during his bonus or immediate turn I think this is not WAI. :)

Ok, so lead doesn't matter. As people have said, it's phrased as an immediate bonus turn, which I think is different to other characters, so may work differently. One check might be to see if fear applies after hitting Malak using that ability? I don't know though. Do you have a video or anything of it?
  • Options
    As I know shock deals only against healing but doesn't against prot recovery.
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »

thing is, Yoda doesn't end his turn then gets a new turn, before his turn could end.
    he immediately attacks again, then yoda ends his turn.

Why does yoda reduce his cooldowns by two turns when he takes two attacks then? I know u say it's one turn but that's flat out incorrect.

If you spread buffs the cooldown is 4 turns...so once spread buff ability is used the cooldown (CD) is at 3 turns.

Yoda acts uses second special getting a bonus turn (CD goes from 3 to 2 on spread buffs). Takes another turn now his cooldown on spread buffs (CD goes from 2 to 1 on his last special to spread buffs).

Clearly Yoda is taking two turns he does not simply get a bonus attack within his one turn. If he got only 1 turn his turn based cooldowns would reduce by 1 not the current 2 turns.
  • Options
    Thank you. I buy this explanation why does GMY keeps his buffs during his immediate turn even if he is under Extorsion. I like the multiple turns of GMY when he is on my side but I hate it when I see him jumping around my team as an opponent. :)
  • Options
    #10: The AI has definitive targeting on some abilities. Most JKR teams have adjusted mods so that Bastilla targets GMY (not sure what the criteria is, but it's possible to get your AI to target yours as well). For example, R2 Smoke Screen will ALWAYS target the highest health/protection, DR Insanity will ALWAYS target the enemy leader (if possible), Thrawn's Grand Admiral Command will ALWAYS target the lowest health/protection, and so on...

Probably Bastilla's ability has a specific targeting criteria, though I'm not sure what it is. You'd have to ask those that know more about JKR than I do :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    as I said he doesn't get bonus turn rather takes an other (second one if you may) immediately and only end his turn after the "second" turn.. sigh
    I don't like repeat myself

As @BobcatSkywalker pointed out this is incorrect. GMY takes two turns back-to-back in this scenario. His first turn grants him an "immediate bonus turn". His CDs are reduced for each of those two turns.

No need to repeat what's clearly wrong.
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    As @BobcatSkywalker pointed out this is incorrect. GMY takes two turns back-to-back in this scenario. His first turn grants him an "immediate bonus turn". His CDs are reduced for each of those two turns.

It does raise the question though of what the difference is between a bonus turn and an immediate bonus turn. Is it executed differently, with the two abilities being in one turn like GAS, hence the different interaction with extortion, or simply an older wording of a newer mechanic, in which case the buffs not dispelling would presumably be a bug. Might not be so clearly wrong, you never know.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

It does raise the question though of what the difference is between a bonus turn and an immediate bonus turn. Is it executed differently, with the two abilities being in one turn like GAS, hence the different interaction with extortion, or simply an older wording of a newer mechanic, in which case the buffs not dispelling would presumably be a bug. Might not be so clearly wrong, you never know.

Yodas bonus turn was patched after yoda was released to ensure no other characters could gain Tm and act before yoda takes his bonus turn.

Most likely they did a sloppy coding job to ensure yoda takes his bonus turn immediately...

Later, much later.... Nute got a new ability and we 100% know it wasn't tested because they test nothing...

This is definitely a bug.
  • Options
    1. If Magna is stunned by direct focus, that will use up the bonus turn.

2. It will do, albeit slowly.

3. Crit immunity I think, but if my memory serves me correctly, they recently changed advantage so you wouldn't lose it hitting an enemy with crit immunity.

5. Perfectly credible, don't use a debuff heavy team against a character that relies on being inflicted with debuffs. Or get better empire, you have to have either very bad empire or very good KRU to not get through protection regen alone.

6. Yes he does, that's the entire point of the GG nuke team.

7.Enemies with deathmark can't be revived, if nute is leading and an ally falls below 50% health, that will be your issue.

8. It works, but it's possible that if you face a good team they take it out quicker than you expect, keep an eye out for Crit immunity.

9. Yes, it only doesn't apply if it says "All other allies" I believe.

10. There might be different AI, but whether there is or not, don't put auto on a fight unless it doesn't matter what happens, you can't expect the AI to fight well for you on either side.

May all be wrong, but that's AFAIK.

"you have to have either very bad empire or very good KRU to not get through protection regen alone."

Kru's leader regen is for health and protection and also stacks with his scarred unique so if op is facing a decently geared/modded kru then you might have real difficulty getting through without healing immunity or great damage.
  • Options
    "you have to have either very bad empire or very good KRU to not get through protection regen alone."

Kru's leader regen is for health and protection and also stacks with his scarred unique so if op is facing a decently geared/modded kru then you might have real difficulty getting through without healing immunity or great damage.

Shock negates the health recovery and OP said that was applied, which means it's 5% protection recovery that they're presumably struggling with. So again I say:
    "you have to have either very bad empire or very good KRU"