The Bad Batch Kit Ideas

ElijahSkywalker9
24 posts Member
edited February 2020
Boy, am I excited for this one! Like many Star Wars fans, I believe the Clone Wars animated series was one of the best things to happen to Star Wars. And now that it’s back for one last season, my excitement is off the charts! In the first episode, we get to see a very different group of clones, dubbed “The Bad Batch”, in action with tactics that you wouldn’t see many other clones using. It’s all of these unorthodox strategies and skills that make each member of Clone Force 99 unique. Which made it very fun making kits for each of them.

I created each kit with the same basic layout: each kit features a Basic ability, one Special ability, a Unique ability, and a Clone Force 99 ability. Hunter, the leader of the Bad Batch squad, will gain a leader ability, and the other members, Tech, Crosshair, and Wrecker, each have a Special ability that can only be used under Hunter’s orders. All four of these guys are meant to be together. Now, you might notice that I made these guys very overpowered. I wanted to be sure that these guys got done justice.

The first Bad Batch member I’d like to showcase is Wrecker. With his stronger-than-average physique, I wanted to give him at least one move to prove his strength, and I also wanted to make him the sort of guy the enemy team ignores at its own risk, as Wrecker can and will pack a powerful punch if left unchecked.
Wrecker

Light Side, Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper, Bad Batch, Tank

Massive Clone Tank who packs an extremely powerful punch

Basic: Retaliate

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. Then, if it is Wrecker’s turn, deal half that damage to target enemy an additional time for each time another Bad Batch ally took damage from an enemy attack since his last turn, which can’t be evaded.

Special: Hefty Haymaker (cooldown: 5)

Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Empty their turn meter, then deal additional true damage to target enemy for each 20% turn meter that was lost, which ignores Protection. Wrecker Taunts for 2 turns. This attack can’t be countered.

Unique 1: Brutal Breaker (ZETA)

Every seventh time another Bad Batch ally takes damage from an enemy attack, Wrecker takes a bonus turn. In addition, he has +100% Defense, which can’t be ignored, and is immune to turn meter reduction and Armor Shred. Other Bad Batch allies gain 50% of Wrecker’s Defense and Tenacity while he is alive and 50% of his Max Protection and Offense when he is defeated. Wrecker gains 5% Max Protection (stacking) whenever he takes damage.

Unique 2: Clone Force 99

If Hunter is in the leader slot, Wrecker gains a new Special ability, Beefy Barricade.

Beefy Barricade: All Bad Batch allies gain the Barricade unique buff until Wrecker takes 2 turns. This ability will only be used under Hunter’s orders and can only be used once per encounter. Barricade can’t be copied, prevented or dispelled.

Barricade: difficult to target, take no damage from attacks that would damage all allies, +100% Bonus Protection, Defense, Tenacity, and Critical Avoidance, but can’t gain bonus turn meter or use Special abilities. Barricaded allies can’t Taunt, or become Marked or Deathmarked.

You can see how his Basic ability can become quite a lethal force, right? This will definitely be a team that counters AoE damage, just because of this bad boy. His Clone Force 99 ability is meant to reflect the scene in which Wrecker uses a large chunk of metal as cover for his squad to advance behind. Also, when I say ‘Empty turn meter’, I mean bring it all the way down to zero, which can’t be resisted, and it ignores immunity if they have it, to include units like Darth Vader, Jolee Bindo, Revan-led Sith Empire teams, and even certain Raid bosses. Sure to make the Sith raid easier, right?

Next up, we have Tech. When it comes to helmet design, I think Tech is my favorite, because his glasses can just peek right out. Total perfection there. In combat, he can copy enemy buffs and allow his team to recover Health and Protection each time he uses an ability.
Tech

Light Side, Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper, Bad Batch, Support

Tactical Clone Support who greatly increases the success rate of his squad

Basic: Calculated Shot

Deal Special damage to target enemy and call a random ally to assist. If the assisting ally is Bad Batch, they both deal 30% more damage. If it is Tech’s turn, he instead selects the ally to assist, and for each buff on Bad Batch allies, inflict the opposite debuffs, if any, on target enemy for 2 turns.

Special: Comprehensive Analysis (cooldown: 4)

Dispel all debuffs on Tech and another target ally, and they both gain Accuracy Up, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, Speed Up, Evasion Up, and Potency Up for 3 turns. For each debuff dispelled this way, Bad Batch allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

Unique 1: Strategized Tactics (ZETA)

At the end of his turn, Tech grants a random other Bad Batch ally Offense Up, Defense Up, or Speed Up at random for 1 turn, with a 50% chance to reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1. Whenever Tech uses his Basic ability, he gains all buffs on target enemy for 2 turns (unique buffs can’t be copied). When Tech gains buffs this way, all Bad Batch allies recover 2% Health and Protection for each buff on him.

If Hunter is in the leader slot, Tech gains a new Special ability, Mark 151.

Mark 151: Deal Special damage to all enemies and dispel all buffs on them. Bad Batch allies recover 1% Health and Protection for each buff dispelled this way. Then, all enemies are Shocked and Stunned for 1 turn, doubled for Droid enemies, which can’t be copied or dispelled. If Crosshair is an ally, he is called to assist. This attack can’t be evaded or resisted, will only be used under Hunter’s orders, and can only be used once per encounter.

Tech is mainly the guy to get buffs and grant buffs, but can also inflict a great number of debuffs depending on how many buffs his team has to work with. He’s also there for passive Health and Protection recovery, which can be pretty annoying for teams that can’t inflict Healing Immunity. Who knows? Compared to Sith Empire, 501st, or Galactic Legends, this team might not be so hot. You’ll just have to wait and see.

Then we have Crosshair, the grim sniper who bears the least similarity to ‘regs’ of all the members of Clone Force 99. I mean, look at his face! He looks more like a mix of Gar Saxon and the Grand Inquisitor than a genuine Jango Fett. But that’s merely a matter of opinion. In any case, being the sniper of the team, Crosshair will never miss his target.
Crosshair

Light Side, Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper, Bad Batch, Attacker

Lethal Clone Attacker who never misses his target

Basic: Precision Blast

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target was a Droid, attack again. Enemies can’t gain buffs or bonus turn meter from this attack. If Crosshair is attacking out of turn, he also deals 25% of the attack’s damage to all other enemies. On a Critical Hit, Stun the target enemy for 1 turn. This attack can’t be evaded and ignores Defense.

Special: Optimal Positioning (cooldown: 5)

Crosshair dispels all debuffs on himself and recovers 25% Health and Protection, then gains Stealth and Retribution for 2 turns. Expose all enemies for 2 turns, which can’t be evaded. Then, Crosshair gains 2% turn meter for each debuff on the enemy team.

Unique 1: Grim Sniper (ZETA)

Crosshair has +50% Offense, doubled while Stealthed. While Stealthed, his attacks ignore Protection. Whenever an enemy falls below 100% or 50% Health, Crosshair gains 20% Critical Damage (stacking) for the rest of the battle. Enemies defeated by Crosshair’s Basic ability cannot be revived.

If Hunter is in the leader slot, Crosshair gains a new Special ability, Terminate.

Terminate: Deal massive damage to target enemy and true damage to all other enemies equal to 25% of the target’s Max Health. If any enemies are defeated by this attack, all Bad Batch allies gain 100% turn meter. This attack can’t be evaded, can only be used while Crosshair is Stealthed, will only be used under Hunter’s orders, and can only be used once per encounter.

Okay, I admit, giving one of these guys what is essentially a destroy effect is a mistake in of itself. However, I do believe that if the timing of the move is off, and it’s used right away at the start of the encounter, it won’t quite kill off the target, as the amount of Max Health a unit with Relics has is really high, a bit higher than what the massive damage takes away. So, use it with proper timing, or it might have been a waste.

Finally, we reach Hunter, the leader of the group. The Rambo of the Grand Army of the Republic, Hunter’s heightened senses will allow him to attack out of turn all the time, along with grant his allies Foresight. Now, Foresight doesn’t do much on its own anymore, since there are so many characters with buff dispels that can’t be evaded (Asajj Ventress, Darth Sion, Jedi Knight Anakin, etc.). However, with his leader ability, I left an idea to make Foresight great again, one that could change the game forever.
Hunter

Light Side, Galactic Republic, Clone Trooper, Bad Batch, Attacker, Leader

Unorthodox Clone leader who uses unique strategies to achieve victory

Basic: Guns Blazing

Deal Special damage to target enemy twice, and they become Vulnerable for 1 turn. For each Critical Hit this attack scores, deal additional true damage to them equal to 10% of their Max Health.

Special: Vibroblade Slice (cooldown: 4)

Deal Special damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the encounter. If the target already had Armor Shred, reduce their Max Protection by 50% for the rest of the encounter. This attack ignores Protection.

Leader: Let’s Get to Work (ZETA)

Bad Batch allies are immune to Stun and Fear, and are immune to enemy dispels while they have Foresight. All enemies have -40% Offense and Potency, and lose 10% turn meter whenever they take damage from an enemy attack, which can’t be resisted. Clone allies have +20% Critical Chance, and whenever they score a Critical Hit, they recover 5% Health and Protection, doubled for Bad Batch Clones.

Unique 1: Heightened Senses

Hunter has +25% Counter Chance for each active Bad Batch ally and ignores Taunt during his turn. Whenever Hunter uses an ability during his turn, he grants all Bad Batch allies Foresight for 2 turns. At the end of each turn, if a Bad Batch ally was evaded or damaged by an enemy attack, Hunter attacks that enemy using his Basic ability, which ignores Taunt and Stealth.

If Hunter is in the leader slot, and not the ally slot, and at least one Bad Batch ally is present at the start of the encounter, Hunter gains a new Special ability, Strategize.

Strategize: Order target other ally to use a Special ability and grant them a bonus turn, then call all Bad Batch allies to assist. This ability cannot be used if an ally is already being Ordered.

That’s right. What if units with Foresight were immune to enemy dispels? You’ve heard of allied dispels, which can only be prevented by Mother Talzin’s Plague, and now, enemy dispels can be prevented with Foresight. I’ve always wanted to see this buff become more relevant, and this is one way I thought it could. Anyway, that’ll wrap it up this time around, so hopefully, you enjoyed seeing what the kits of the Bad Batch might look like.
Post edited by ElijahSkywalker9 on

Replies

• Options
    My idea for Wrecker.

Now, he has amazing strength -but uses it smart. He could have thrown that big metal barricade at a few droids. But he used it for the fight. He could have dug through the ship. But lifted it! Here are some talents I thought of for him.

Talent: "A better plan" All Clone allies gain 15% turn meter and Offense and protection up for 1 turn. Cooldown 3 turns.

Talent: "Level the playing field" Basic attack. 50% chance to remove all buffs positive and negative on critical hits.

Unique: "Bring it on" Passive: ALL allies gain 250% defense while Wrecker is alive.

I feel he should be the tankiest tank in the game. So I don't have a problem with this powerful of an ability.

I'd like to see a Bossk like taunt mechanic. But he shouldn't have a lead.

• Options
    What we need to think of is who can be a leader for this group. Yes, Hunter is natural but it would be nice to be able to change Rex in or Cody in. To also increase gameplay but to follow story line. We also have to think of Shaak Ti and maybe she could slide into a lead - or I mean she CAN slide into any clone lead and make them mean.

I really hope we get the Bad Batch. Clone force 99!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Wrecker is a very beefy tank. That is why he has Defense that can’t be ignored and immunity to Armor Shred. He is also stronger than the average Clone, so his abilities will be able to deal lots of damage as well. The barricade is also in use as the bonus ability granted by Hunter. The idea is that the entirety of Clone Force 99 works together in unison. Keeping with story, I made Hunter the leader of this group specifically because they don’t usually work with “regs” and they don’t traditionally take orders under a Jedi general. As for the fifth slot, Commander Cody should slide in nicely and would likely be the optimal solution, as almost every other Clone in the game is used in General Skywalker’s 501st line-up. Clone Sargent might work as well, but with Cody’s abilities making the most out of Critical Hits, he’s the best bet. Plus, on the story side, Cody said he worked with them before in certain circumstances. I tried to create these kits through the styles of previous character kits, which leads to mixed results such as this.
  • Options
    Wrecker is a very beefy tank. That is why he has Defense that can’t be ignored and immunity to Armor Shred. He is also stronger than the average Clone, so his abilities will be able to deal lots of damage as well. The barricade is also in use as the bonus ability granted by Hunter. The idea is that the entirety of Clone Force 99 works together in unison. Keeping with story, I made Hunter the leader of this group specifically because they don’t usually work with “regs” and they don’t traditionally take orders under a Jedi general. As for the fifth slot, Commander Cody should slide in nicely and would likely be the optimal solution, as almost every other Clone in the game is used in General Skywalker’s 501st line-up. Clone Sargent might work as well, but with Cody’s abilities making the most out of Critical Hits, he’s the best bet. Plus, on the story side, Cody said he worked with them before in certain circumstances. I tried to create these kits through the styles of previous character kits, which leads to mixed results such as this.

I'm totally liking your ideas!!!

Also, --- maybe I'm a bit fuzzy, maybe I'm reading into something wrong, or reaching....

But I thought they kinda addressed the - Clone Medic some where. Was it a q and A? A dev post? Pod cast?

I'm down with Cody sliding to and fro other groups. But I 100% agree with your reasoning with Hunter as the lead. They haven't shied away from giving multiple Clones Leader abilities either. SO I see no reason at all Hunter couldn't have the leader ability.

I have been hooked on this since they premier this in the trailer like a YEAR AGO!

I would do silly things for a Bad batch team...silly things man!! Crazy things man!

• Options
    Also, I think you're onto something with the Foresight with hunter.

I was trying to think, how could you turn his specialty into the game.

I might change it up a bit though.....

It would grant foresight, however, when it goes away either by turn or use, - maybe the enemy could be blind for 1 turn.

Or a random enemy gains blind for 1 turn. Can't be evaded.

That could be a double whammy. Maybe nothing. A draw of sorts.
  • Options
    Like Ahsoka Tano, when she goes right through foresight, and it gets removed in the process, she would then be blind for 1 turn after.
  • Options
    You know, Storm Trooper Han has one of the best Tank Zetas in the game.

Maybe they could do something similar to that.

Or like GAS stacks offense each time enemy buffs - Maybe look at doing stacking Defense in the same way?

• Options
    The thing about Blind is, it only does so much. There are certain characters whose attacks cannot be evaded under any circumstances, even if they have a debuff that compromises the integrity of their accuracy. What I’m doing here is, if anyone tries a massive buff dispel, such as Darth Sion, Asajj Ventress, Jedi Knight Anakin, and so on, no buffs will be removed, and Foresight will stay until it expires or if they actually do evade. It also prevents characters like Ahsoka and Darth Revan from dispelling Foresight under their known circumstances, and can help in the second half of the Sith raid when facing Darth Traya. As for a Clone medic, that might come around sometime, but this team has all sorts of ways to recover health and protection, from Hunter’s leader ability to Tech support (see what I did there?), and with Wrecker’s tankiness, his zeta will allow him to constantly gain extra Max Protection whenever he takes damage, which will ignore Healing Immunity. I do like the idea of him granting other allies some of his own Defense, however, and that could be useful.
  • Options
    And - we would hope these bonuses assist in the new raid they've been talking about. Or especially in Lightside Geo!!!
  • Options
    I think if there’s need for a fifth, have hunter as lead still and add cyborg echo. I don’t know exactly what kit he would have, but could be a different new filler.