I'm ok with GL...ish

I like FO, when I first played about 2 years ago I wanted the ultimate FO squad....but I got distracted.
I like my guild too...a friendly bunch; but we lack the gp for geotb. So, no get2 currency so no negotiator, malevolence, gas, or malak.
Which gives me a lot of space to direct resourcing at FO and resistance instead of darth revan and geotb/gas requirements.
If I focus that way I'll have 2 maxed fo squads, 2 maxed resistance squads, a boost to smugglers, something of an ep sith squad; which gives a lot for pve. (I will also have padme to keep arena top 500 for resources).
Will I lose every gac until gl unlock? Probably. But the same is true if I chase those others toons I can't max anyway; and then everyone else will be nearer to gl than me.

Maybe I'm a bit unique?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    gas/malak are GET1, and a good padme team should be way higher than 500. 50 would be too low probably. But nice post imo, I like your attitude
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    So they are. Must've assumed they were get2 as locked fir me ATM as I don't qualify for the events.
    Finalized and *gulp* endurance will still be my top ls and ds fleets for now though (don't have bh ships finished for falc, other rebels meh, but doing ok with clone Wars ships elsewise).
    My jka is r7. Working padme others up from g12 now. For the moment jkr+jka is my arena...but see better longevity in padme. Clones farmed but g7 or so. Need 20 last shaak shards
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    yeah jka jkr isn't bad, jka adds some oomph, but a padme team is better and can beat drev/gas. clones are a tough gear (imo) but worth it. shak clones can do a ton of damage in raids, which will help you get gear and GET1 as well. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3932 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Will I lose every gac until gl unlock? Probably. But the same is true if I chase those others toons I can't max anyway; and then everyone else will be nearer to gl than me.

Maybe I'm a bit unique?

You can win a lot of GAs with a "bad" roster simply by knowing how to mod and which teams counter which. Lots of people are really bad at it, or will completely give up if they perceive that they "can't win" because you have this character or that one at high relics.

I won the majority of my matches at 4.5-5m GP without a functional Padme or clone squad, which are practically essential teams to have at this point. I now have an extremely mediocre Padme team (g12 Anakin isn't impressing anyone) and still no real clone team (GAS and all the clones at g8-g10, woo) at 5.1m, and continue to win most of the time. Also my mods are nothing special - I'm at 230-ish 10+ speed mods, which is frequently noticeably less than my opponents.

Don't stress about what everyone else is doing and just do the best you can with what you have, and you'll surprise yourself.
  • Options
    This is refreshing.

All of this complaining about not having anything to work towards, then we get reasonably hard TB (DS Geo), ridiculously hard TB (LS Geo) and enormous resource sink (either GL) to keep us busy for the better part of the year, and most posts are the exact opposite of this one.

I wish I had the courage to go the harder route (FO for me - about twice as much gear required), but I'm a coward that will be a slave to the meta for as long as I play this silly game.