Q&A Time!

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
Or what I’m guessing will be,

The devs dodging every single valid complaint about the Galactic Legends mess.

Replies

• Options
    I will not distract by asking what are the valid complaints about the GL mess. I will not distract by ....

SO ANYWAY.

I think the game needs something similar to an updated Galactic War that refreshes only 1 time per week. If the difficulty stayed relevant and it didn't need to be done every day as a chore, but could be put off during busy days and enjoyed on days when someone had extra time to spend in the game, I think it would help a ton. People complain about not having enough to do, but nearly all the activities we have are scheduled for us, down to a 36 hour window or less. Just adding more to be done every day doesn't help, because you can't add enough to liven up your days off work without making the days that people do work way too full. The only answer seems to be something that is easier to complete on the players' own schedule.

Is there any work or even thought being given to something like this?
  • Options
    My question: How's your toilet paper and hand sanitizer situation?
    Just so at least I get an answer.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

how should they reply?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

how should they reply?
    k.gif
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Oh Lenders ain't gonna like this....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    all they talk about is the Artwork
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo, my excitement level is high. Then I'll read it and find out that they can't give us any details just yet and my excitement level will go back to normal. Neither excited nor disappointed just normal.
  • MasterSeedy
    5069 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Its_not_a_moon

If we get a new Cap Ship, Sith is more important than OR, but I assume all the "Darth" ships are sith ships anyway.

As for Old Republic fighters/ smaller ships, we only have the one: Ebon Hawk.

Extinction Bomber and Sith Fighter are Sith Empire, not Old Republic. I further assume that your "Darth" ships are not Old Republic capital ships either, but Sith Empire capital ships.

Therefore, I suggest you refine your question. Are you actually looking for Old Republic capital ships or Sith Empire ones? (Or both, I guess.)
  • Mr_White
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Who will be the next set of Galactic Legends?
    CG....we're currently working on new content

A raid?
    CG...we are currently working on new content

Are you waiting for hell to freeze over before Jedi Luke?
    CG...we don't know how to add Jedi Luke and continue with power creep so you still spend money chasing the next meta

So never?
    CG...keep holding out hope remember sunk cost fallacy

Who green lit those God awful mod packs; is this what we can expect from you going forward?
    CG....we are currently working on new content

How about easing up gearing to G12?
    CG....we've been monitoring

The new assault battles tiers are great; any word on when we might see a hard level Galactic War?
    CG...maybe....August

Every Q&A

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

how should they reply?

Well a meaningful complaint/ criticism about the GLs is how bad their event is, no story to it just a bunch of random you vs them that doesnt follow any real story, especiall when we have 3yo events like cls hero's journey to compare them to.

How about recognising that what they gave us undershot even the lowest player expectations of the event?

That seems fair.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe even go a step further and acknowledge that they did 1-2 week's worth of work in this last quarter?

I can dream.
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to have a new event type. Something between raids and TB. No consecutive phases, but zones of actions that can be worked on in parallel. Could last 2 days or so. Never much liked raids. You are late 10 mins because your kid made a mess in the kitchen and your chances for a good spot are gone. I want something that limits the ability to „solo“ an event that is essential to develop your roster. And doesn’t require us to be online at a certain time.

Also they should enable us to run any TB during TB weeks. Makes no sense any more to split between LS and DS TB weeks.
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    all they talk about is the Artwork

Which is why they're skipping this month's Q&A, because they hyped Rey's artwork so much and she looks awful!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

how should they reply?

Well a meaningful complaint/ criticism about the GLs is how bad their event is, no story to it just a bunch of random you vs them that doesnt follow any real story, especiall when we have 3yo events like cls hero's journey to compare them to.

How about recognising that what they gave us undershot even the lowest player expectations of the event?

That seems fair.

oh, you think they would say "sorry you didn't find the event 'fun,' our bad there was no story to it like...well, other events I guess?"

tbf, I can't remember anything about cls's event, but I don't remember much storytime on any of these, and there have been absolutely zero "fun" events, bc they are, necessarily, extremely hard.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh Lenders ain't gonna like this....

Nope. :)
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Options

how should they reply?

That seems fair.

oh, you think they would say "sorry you didn't find the event 'fun,' our bad there was no story to it like...well, other events I guess?"

tbf, I can't remember anything about cls's event, but I don't remember much storytime on any of these, and there have been absolutely zero "fun" events, bc they are, necessarily, extremely hard.

A company that can't acknowledge a mistake, at least internally, will fail. Personally i think the resounding disappointment of the event does deserve to be talked about. As for what they'd say to us? That isn't my job, that's theirs.

Secondly, none of this really made sense to me. You can't remember the events? Do you remember starwars?
    Also "there have been absolutely zero 'fun' events..." i won't even say that's anecdotal, that's just wrong.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

how should they reply?

That seems fair.

A company that can't acknowledge a mistake, at least internally, will fail. Personally i think the resounding disappointment of the event does deserve to be talked about. As for what they'd say to us? That isn't my job, that's theirs.

Secondly, none of this really made sense to me. You can't remember the events? Do you remember starwars?
    Also "there have been absolutely zero 'fun' events..." i won't even say that's anecdotal, that's just wrong.

you may think it's a mistake, but you seriously think they would say "hey our bad, it was a mistake?" Oh, internally? not really relevant itt, but ok.

no, I can't remember cls event, that was years ago. No, I haven't found any events "fun." They've all been pretty-to-insanely difficult, and every single time there is a new event the forums are flooded with complaints about them.
  • Options
    I thought that the Malak event was fun. But what made it fun was not relying on RNG. The right toons, the right mods, the right strategy counted FAR MORE than RNG did. That made it feel to me, as a player, that I was making the difference, not that I was just pulling the handle on a pachinko machine and waiting for the gods to grant me a jackpot.

Threepio was also decent. Chewbacca was horrible, because it was all about RNG. Even if you had all the right toons, and even if you had all the right toons at g12 (the maximum available at the time) the wrong RNG could wipe out 2 of your toons in the first volley. Bossk + Dengar + 1 wasn't going to cut it, even if they were all g12.

I was really frustrated with CLS, but that was because I was doing it on the first pass, and I raced to qualify, and only did with 36 hours to go. I didn't even have a chance to attempt the last 3 phases until about 6 hours to go on the week long event. Back then, I was hoarding Omegas pretty carefully and hadn't dropped one on Farmboy's special because I was trying to spend as little as possible on him. Later I realized that giving Farmboy that Omega would have allowed him to dispel all the taunts which were keeping me from killing the damage dealers. But that was my fault for not reading the kit more carefully and thinking about the fact that the taunters had Crit Immunity (and farmboy's dispel happens when he doesn't crit, so it would have been every time vs. those stormtroopers).

But even as frustrated as i was with CLS, I didn't think it was awful the way that I hated the Chewbacca event. And the event hung together well. I wouldn't say it had a story, it really didn't (that's just the nature of SWGOH), but it was clearly meant to remind us all of the story we already knew, that of SW Ep4. Even when I was very, very frustrated, I thought the event was decently designed. And it still only took me about 60-90 minutes to get through it.

Other events have also been fun. I liked the Yoda event, even though it was challenging for the gear levels available when it first came out. I don't remember the Palp event, but it probably wasn't bad. I liked Jedi Revan - that had more story and more interest than anything that came before. Darth Revan had one battle that was very frustrating, but the rest was interesting and tactical.

It's not an event, but I love the Acklay battle, and the Wat Tambor shard battle is pretty good - not Acklay-level, but I like it.

So I think that there have been a lot of enjoyable events. Thrawn was the dawn of pre-loaded TM and just killing you off the bat as more a GP test than a battle, since if you were powerful enough to withstand the initial onslaught, you'd get through within a few tries. I didn't like it, but I at least acknowledged that you could gear up Phoenix and try again (they were gear hogs, but at least it was possible). The Thrawn logic applied to Chewbacca was literally the worst event they've ever done.

But they seem to have gotten back on track. I don't really love most of the events, but I think they're fine for a game of this type.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    My question: How's your toilet paper and hand sanitizer situation?
    Just so at least I get an answer.

Lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    this didn't really stay on topic.
This discussion has been closed.