they still haven’t updated Echo’s kit

Lachie_1
104 posts Member
edited April 2020
I refer to Echo’s ability that deals “15% more damage if Echo has Critical Damage Up.”

Don’t shut this thread down yet Kyno, it isn’t a bug, it is just something that was being investigated for the community and nothing has been done about it; regardless of what Capital Games has said they would do make-right with people who have invested their resources into hearing Echo’s abilities.

Is there anyway we can get an update now? I think we’ve waited long enough.

Edit: Grammar
Post edited by Lachie_1 on

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    what was promised? what kind of make-right? serious q
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    what was promised? what kind of make-right? serious q

I will try and find/link what they planned to do last year.
  • Options
    I hadn't heard this either. I am not sure it is warranted given how strong the 501st are though.
  • Lachie_1
    104 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Q: In a past interview CG_Tophat commented "Interesting. Wonder what that could mean" in regards to Echo's basic getting buffs with Crit Damage Up. Now that all the 501st are out and we're moving past the Clone Wars, could we get more clarity on what that means since he has no Crit Damage Up synergy with clones or 501st?
  • Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    I hadn't heard this either. I am not sure it is warranted given how strong the 501st are though.

It’s warranted because people used omega mats for it, it doesn’t do anything for the character and because Capital Games have said they will look into avenues to correct Echo’s basic omega ability.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    "looking into" has never meant "we promise."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The likelihood of them looking into it again is so low it is sad. They don't follow through on what they say they will.

So unfortunately, I wouldnt get your hopes up for them to ever address this. My Echo will always have 1 red dot left. :(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    its not a bug, i'm not sure why you would event say that, but ok.

I dont see any promises there or timelines/dates. yes it has been a while, but as they have said usually updates to things like kits are grouped together with something meaningful. Since we are edging out of the that era, they may be waiting for something else to come around or a future update.

I see no wasted investment in Echo, hes a great toon even without being able to take advantage of this one line in his basic. yes I know its 5 omegas.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Thanks, updated the thread info.
    Regardless of the terminology, it hasn’t been investigated at all because there has been no follow-up information such as, “it has been updated” or “it will remain the same.”

It is unreasonable for the omega to not be refunded or the ability updates if it provides absolutely no benefit to the character or player.

CG has told the community that more resources invested into a character is directly reflected by that units’ capabilities. Similar to the ‘paper zombie’ strategy, they agreed that all characters should be most useful when completely geared etc.

But that isn’t the case with Echo.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    its not a bug, i'm not sure why you would event say that, but ok.

Because you closed my previous thread about this same issue about a month ago.

But ok.
  • Options
    I see no wasted investment in Echo, hes a great toon even without being able to take advantage of this one line in his basic. yes I know its 5 omegas.

Good to know you are fine with it. I’m sure the rest of the community would appreciate their 5 omega mats back or an updated ability.
  • Options
    I’d like an official comment about the issue @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lachie_1 wrote: »

Regardless of the terminology, it hasn’t been investigated at all because there has been no follow-up information such as, “it has been updated” or “it will remain the same.”
    That is not necessarily true. They dont always update the community at each step of a process. Just because they didn't follow up doesnt mean it hasn't been investigated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Good to know you are fine with it. I’m sure the rest of the community would appreciate their 5 omega mats back or an updated ability.

some members and the rest of the community are not the same thing.

Was there ever a use for that line in his ability? why did you invest them?
  • Options

That is not necessarily true. They dont always update the community at each step of a process. Just because they didn't follow up doesnt mean it hasn't been investigated.

At the moment, and for quite a while, the ability is not what everyone who has upgraded the ability as used their resources for - I would say that it is something that needs to be addressed immediately; especially considering that Echo’s kit has been live for months now.

It is just laziness. It’s in the ‘too hard’ basket.
    That’s not good enough. Everyone should have the right to at least refund it if it is not going to be used anytime in the near future.
  • Options

Well why did you invest in the ability? It should be the same answer.

Additionally, if you read my above comments and link, Capital Games confirmed that it was supposed to have synergy.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

At the moment, and for quite a while, the ability is not what everyone who has upgraded the ability as used their resources for - I would say that it is something that needs to be addressed immediately; especially considering that Echo’s kit has been live for months now.

That’s not good enough. Everyone should have the right to at least refund it if it is not going to be used anytime in the near future.

A refund?

Anyone could have looked at the kit and seen how useful it was on the day they applied it. Assuming it will become more useful in the future is the risk you take.
  • Options

A refund?

Anyone could have looked at the kit and seen how useful it was on the day they applied it. Assuming it will become more useful in the future is the risk you take.

Capital Games confirmed that the ability will have synergy. Please read the Q&A information prior to just making ridiculous remarks.

It should be up to Capital Games to convey there will be no update to his kit.

Coming in the future? I want to see that post then.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

in your other post, the one I closed you said, "it needs to be fixed", but there is nothing broken, the ability works 100% as described.

anyone who invested in an ability (I did) does so knowing what uses they are going to get from it.

The ability was there before the dev statement, and anyone who invested in something that does exist yet, is on their own. they said they would look into it, not that they would be doing anything any time soon.

the flag has been raised to check in, I'm not sure what will come of that, but everyone made the investment with full knowledge of what the ability says and how it works. the ability works as described, just not in the team you want it to.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well why did you invest in the ability? It should be the same answer.

Additionally, if you read my above comments and link, Capital Games confirmed that it was supposed to have synergy.

why did I, because omegas are easy to come by and using them seemed like no big deal.

supposed to have synergy but doesn't (As stated), because at that point all the kits were available.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

A refund?

Capital Games confirmed that the ability will have synergy. Please read the Q&A information prior to just making ridiculous remarks..
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Q: In a past interview CG_Tophat commented "Interesting. Wonder what that could mean" in regards to Echo's basic getting buffs with Crit Damage Up. Now that all the 501st are out and we're moving past the Clone Wars, could we get more clarity on what that means since he has no Crit Damage Up synergy with clones or 501st?

it's literally in the post you posted. they're looking into avenues. so there you go. As for an immediate need to fix this, as Kyno said you omega'd the ability with no use for it, hoping and waiting for future synergy, the plans changed so you are now...still waiting for future synergy. this is nbd
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

it's literally in the post you posted. they're looking into avenues. so there you go. As for an immediate need to fix this, as Kyno said you omega'd the ability with no use for it, hoping and waiting for future synergy, the plans changed so you are now...still waiting for future synergy. this is nbd

That was December last year. They certainly aren’t.