Mando Disintegrate Damage in Raids

I ran Mando (g13, r7) on tank raid, and his disintegrate ability only dishes out a constant 99,999 damage. Is this intended functionality? I would like to understand how I can one-shot an r7 Malak with over 200K health but does not translate to similar damage during raids.

Thanks!

Replies

• Drageero
    151 posts Member
    Options
    All raid bosses take massive damage (99,999) from destroy effects, such as Annihilate and Disintegrate.
    Galactic Legends also take reduced damage, which can be either 99,999 or 69,999 depending on if they have the last zeta.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes. that is correct. insta-kill effects deal 99,999 damage to anyone who is immune to those effects (like raid bosses)
  • Lethoiun
    165 posts Member
    Options
    ha disintegrate a raid boss lol, that would be fun
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I ran Mando (g13, r7) on tank raid, and his disintegrate ability only dishes out a constant 99,999 damage. Is this intended functionality? I would like to understand how I can one-shot an r7 Malak with over 200K health but does not translate to similar damage during raids.

Thanks!

That's how it works. It's similar to Darth Nihilus's Annihilate. It instantly defeats the target enemy, so that's how you can install kill the Malak. Raid bosses are immune to instant kill, but instead take massive damage, which is 99,999 damage. This is the same effect with Nihilius.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    I do laugh that 99,999 was once considered “massive” damage... now that’s less than some basic attacks and worse AOE attacks lol.
  • Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    I do laugh that 99,999 was once considered “massive” damage... now that’s less than some basic attacks and worse AOE attacks lol.

Ha, yeah, I think my wampa does almost that much damage picking Phoenix meat out of his teeth!
  • Options
    Massive by definition should be magnitudes greater than basic. This was the case when massive damage was introduced and IPD doing 99,999 one shot anyone in the game.

99,999 is still significant damage for now but it's not massive anymore because relics happened.
    1) relic characters have more than 99,999 health
    2) relic characters deal more than 99,999 with basic abilities now (Anakin R7 for example)

What's going to be sad is when we get relic 15 and relic abilities and damage goes up to a standard of 200k to 500k on a basic. these old massive damage effects will have to be renamed or maybe it will be a running joke on the new players...

imagine you love droids and were late to the party but you install the game today... unlock IPD in 2021 then take him to relic 15 and his basic deals 250k but his sacrifice himself to deal 'massive' damage does 99,999.

Idk if devs really think about how misleading some stuff is becoming when viewed through a new player perspective.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Massive by definition should be magnitudes greater than basic. This was the case when massive damage was introduced and IPD doing 99,999 one shot anyone in the game.

99,999 is still significant damage for now but it's not massive anymore because relics happened.
    2) relic characters deal more than 99,999 with basic abilities now (Anakin R7 for example)

What's going to be sad is when we get relic 15 and relic abilities and damage goes up to a standard of 200k to 500k on a basic. these old massive damage effects will have to be renamed or maybe it will be a running joke on the new players...

imagine you love droids and were late to the party but you install the game today... unlock IPD in 2021 then take him to relic 15 and his basic deals 250k but his sacrifice himself to deal 'massive' damage does 99,999.

Idk if devs really think about how misleading some stuff is becoming when viewed through a new player perspective.

you realize the abilities will still work vs normal chars right? besides the new shinies everyone still gets annihilated/disintegrated, and if you are using ipd vs any good squad you've already lost anyway. he's been outdated for a long time, and is only useful in a gg nuke team, which is also not really useful anymore afaict. I'm not sure how the devs are being misleading regarding this future r15 ipd in 2021 you made up, tbh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

you realize the abilities will still work vs normal chars right? besides the new shinies everyone still gets annihilated/disintegrated, and if you are using ipd vs any good squad you've already lost anyway. he's been outdated for a long time, and is only useful in a gg nuke team, which is also not really useful anymore afaict. I'm not sure how the devs are being misleading regarding this future r15 ipd in 2021 you made up, tbh

No you're only allowed to use Mando against GLs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    No you're only allowed to use Mando against GLs.

Or are you...
    "ooba... ooba"