Better the devil.....

thomssi
526 posts Member
For anyone who whines about CG then you should take a look at what Dragon Champions just did.

No more sims until you pay.

Replies

• khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t give them ideas!
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Options
    Well I say I am essentially FTP in SWGOH but a few years ago I paid about 20 for the the vets pack. That is it. I have reasons beyond just cashflow for not buying (complicated and ultimately not relevant). So I guess I am not FTP but also not a whale or dolphin, maybe plankton. It took me about 2 hours how to figure out a method to do it due to circumstance. Still, paywalling sims is pretty beyond belief.
  • Options
    You can still sim, it's just called "instant loot", removing the sim ticket requirement. They also exchanged any sim tickets to dracoins (AKA crystals) so it's actually a good thing. I have over 100K sim tickets in SWGOH, so I wouldn't mind them doing that here!
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Reasonable people here (yes, they exist) point out that this game is pretty f2p friendly. I don't play any other games like this so I can't throw my 2 cents in, but this seems like another data point supporting that view.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    DC was always bad but since a few YouTubers were paid to promote the game by screaming the community ate it up
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    Options
    Banafrit wrote: »
    You can still sim, it's just called "instant loot", removing the sim ticket requirement. They also exchanged any sim tickets to dracoins (AKA crystals) so it's actually a good thing. I have over 100K sim tickets in SWGOH, so I wouldn't mind them doing that here!

Yes, if you have bought something. It is a paywall on sims. It may be a small one but completely FTP means no sims.

• flux_rono
    2122 posts Member
    Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    For anyone who whines about CG then you should take a look at what Dragon Champions just did.

oh no you have to pay like $5 to get a ton of awesome loot and sims, while in swgoh you can pay $1000 for a 0.01% chance at the same thing.
    plus its a removal of a pointless for anyone who plays the game for a long time, the horror.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Yes, if you have bought something. It is a paywall on sims. It may be a small one but completely FTP means no sims.

So just buying one of their pack that generally cost a tiny fraction of what they cost here is enough? Calling this "paywall" is like calling a line of bricks on the ground actual wall...
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

So just buying one of their pack that generally cost a tiny fraction of what they cost here is enough? Calling this "paywall" is like calling a line of bricks on the ground actual wall...
    The cheapest pack in SWGOH currently is a $1.99 crystal purchase
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options

I signed up for this game on a .edu account and I literally cannot spend money on this game because of it. It doesn't matter how little the amount, any amount is a literal paywall for me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Great. DC still offers more in-game value for far less money than SWGOH. Or at least they did when I briefly played it, not sure if that has changed. Around $2 to instantly get a character to 5* or something like that. If you want to compare prices, choose packs of equal in-game value.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

Great. DC still offers more in-game value for far less money than SWGOH. Or at least they did when I briefly played it, not sure if that has changed. Around $2 to instantly get a character to 5* or something like that. If you want to compare prices, choose packs of equal in-game value.
    I was talking on the whole sims paywall argument which you said is not that bad in DC since the prices are low over there

Regardless of what $2 gets you in SWGOH if they implemented a pay to sim feature, it would cost you as low as $2 in this game to unlock sims
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Options

they had one pack early on that gave you a 3* character for $2.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Well yes maybe you have to have bought anything to be able to sim. On the other hand, buying literally anything get you that and converts all your simtickets to currency (dracoins which is their version of crystals) to a ratio of 1:1. If Swgoh did that I would get 120k crystals for buying a 2$ pack. A pretty decent deal imo.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

oh no you have to pay like $5 to get a ton of awesome loot and sims, while in swgoh you can pay $1000 for a 0.01% chance at the same thing.
    plus its a removal of a pointless for anyone who plays the game for a long time, the horror.

You are really pretty thick aren't you?

zero is zero. You know, a one year old knows that. Still, post wasn't aimed at whaletards with more dollars than brain cells. I imagine reality passed you buy. ****.

No need to get personal because someone doesn't agree with your point of view, but I did get a chuckle out of the misspelling/misuse of the word buy given the thread topic.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.