Time zone issue again!

TAZZZOOO
245 posts Member
edited June 2020
If the latest update had been released just an hour earlier; UK and all time zones before would have been able to prepare a days worth of refreshes like all time zones after are able to.
Is it not enough to reduce these Galactic Chase drop rates but to give 0 preparation time as well?

Just give players literally like a couple hours notice. This is the second time recently many players have been needlessly disadvantaged over others.
It may be trivial to some players but this is not fair play.

Replies

• Options
    i agree 100%
    but i guess they value possible spending for refreshes way more than doing the right thing
    its not too hard to add a sentence to the anouncement of the ship that it will be coming as a cantina galactic chase
    but they dont want to
  • Options
    This is very frustrating. AEST, did my overnight Cantina energy and a refresh, client update happened less than 10 mins later!
  • Options
    Yeah it starts half way through the day in Australia- very frustrating
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to missing where they announced when the chase starts, if anyone has that link I would appreciate it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    thanks. my, uh, glasses broke, and, uh, yeah.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Appreciate this but you shouldn’t have to be reading the forums every day
  • Morgoth01
    502 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I seem to missing where they announced when the chase starts, if anyone has that link I would appreciate it

You mean the announcement they made as the update went out, after all the complaining time zones were already into next day and refreshes had been spent?

I really dislike this habit of CG with putting updates out when most of the world have had time to spend their refreshes, without any notice that something is coming.
    Probably to avoid preloading, but still annoying.
  • Options
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    If the latest update had been released just an hour earlier; UK and all time zones before would have been able to prepare a days worth of refreshes like all time zones after are able to.
    Is it not enough to reduce these Galactic Chase drop rates but to give 0 preparation time as well?

Just give players literally like a couple hours notice. This is the second time recently many players have been needlessly disadvantaged over others.
    It may be trivial to some players but this is not fair play.
    This GC will have the usual 4% drop rates. Mark my words.
  • Options
    Agreed, this is so annoying again. I got the update 2 hours into the event after doing my refreshes.

Had I been in the states I could've allowed my cantina energy to fill up and do 3 refreshes before midnight and 3 after.

144 + 6 refreshes = 864 energy x 4% = 34.56 - I along with many others in timezones outside of the US have on average been placed in a 34-35 shard disadvantage which is unacceptable.
  • Options
    its almost like ea/cg doesnt care about the game. they dont even put any thought into the events anymore and are either designing them knowing they are releasing an unfair event that picks and chooses which players get extra shards of the galactic chase.

its like if they had a marquee that gave the 4* to people based on their timezone and most of us get a 3* unlock.

galactic chase events are a big problem. no one can call them fair.
  • Options
    Spent all 144 of my cantina energy on ARC Trooper. Now I have nothing for TIE Bomber. 14 attempts gone.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Spent all 144 of my cantina energy on ARC Trooper. Now I have nothing for TIE Bomber. 14 attempts gone.
    Buy a refresh? Those purple crystal shaped energy tokens would help..

I’m. 4 x refreshes plus 80 from overnight for 28 shards.. so 560 energy for 28 shards gives me 1 shard for every 20 energy spent, as I’m farming on the relic mats node (blue one) it’s a 16 node, so 35 attempts for 28 shards, nowhere near as sketchy as the y wing chase was.
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

I’m. 4 x refreshes plus 80 from overnight for 28 shards.. so 560 energy for 28 shards gives me 1 shard for every 20 energy spent, as I’m farming on the relic mats node (blue one) it’s a 16 node, so 35 attempts for 28 shards, nowhere near as sketchy as the y wing chase was.
    It’s 4% per energy spent, compared with 2% for the Y wing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    DJANZGC wrote: »

You're right, but its probably good to check the forum posts when the dev team make an update.....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

You're right, but its probably good to check the forum posts when the dev team make an update.....

Can you show me the post that would have prevented people being affected by this?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Can you show me the post that would have prevented people being affected by this?

Did I say there was one? Simply pointing out that checking the forums every day is not necessary, if one so chooses.
  • Options

I normally check the forums daily, and if I dont the dev posts get highlighted in my discord server so I dont miss them.

There's not a lot that I can do when the update post tells me that i'm getting an update to add an event that started 2 hours ago for my timezone....
  • Options

Did I say there was one? Simply pointing out that checking the forums every day is not necessary, if one so chooses.

Indeed. And on this occasion, even if you checked them hourly, you wouldn't have been any better off.
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »

hkjtrz6jwna8.jpeg
    Of course I’ve done refreshes. Is a surely saying his that is 14 refreshes gone down the drain. Was it really that hard to understand?
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Ggdjqjchsabjdj actually yes, you said you used 144 energy, for 14 attempts.

You didn’t say you’d used a refresh, hence why I said buy a refresh..
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    How do you get 14 attempts out of 144 energy on a 12 energy node?

Don’t question his maths.. it’s difficult to understand obviously...
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Options

It would be good if we got an in game notice 24 hours before things went live. Checking the forums after the update does nothing.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    How do you get 14 attempts out of 144 energy on a 12 energy node?

Isn’t it a 10 energy node? Wow, I’m blind.
  • Options
    It's not just the start of these type of events that are unfair, the end is too. Update, along with announcement was pushed out at the same time worldwide. Yet the event will end when you hit the 9th locally.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Often an update drops once the weekly shipments changes.
    Sure, a bit more information about the event would be great, but I think they wanna reduce it because of hoarding energy.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I think you'd have a better chance petitioning your government and having them change your time zone vs having CG pay attention to it.
  • Options
    Can we get on word on this? Or the other BIG issues on this forum? Anything?
    This is going to keep happening and non US players will get repeatedly and needlessly disadvantaged. This is a game accessible in many time zones and many languages, it's insulting that CG give 0 thought and effort towards issues like this.

I would @ a dev but CG are in full turtle mode as per usual with controversy on the forums.
  • Options
    There should be at least 2 days notice for these sort of events that way NZ and Australia time zones will at least have half a day or a day to prepare. It's a severe disadvantage to us