General Skywalker: need help before...

cournojo
31 posts Member
edited June 2020
This is the first event that make me think about stopping to play this game.

I was finally able to get some nice character for T2 and T4, and I just can't pass T2. The Droideka are killing me so easily and I just cant attack them. As soon as they are available to be hit, one of the Magno either counter or attack and get the Taunt back up. Usually, the first DROIDEKAs attack are killing General Kenobi and sometime even a second toon.

I did watch pretty much every strategy out there and I am following them, but the droideka are just unstoppable. I do always kill B2 before their first attack, but after that it's always game over.

Here are my team, please help me out.

Padme G12, 2 zetas: Speed 302(144), Health 41570 (14526), Protection 46167 (2415)
Ahsoka G13, R3, 1 zeta: Speed 201 (76), Heatlh 68732 (34700), Protection 40447 (5547)
GK G13, R3, 1 zeta: Speed 270 (119), Health 56421 (11343), Protection 86179 (32560)
Shaak Ti, G12, 1 zeta (leadership): Speed 294 (79) Health 19211 (849), Protection 50815 (12743)
C3PO, G12, 1 zeta : 281 (149), Health 30995 (5289), Protection 59535 (15035)

1st move: Padme Cunning Plan (target B2)
2nd move: Shaak Ti Assault Team on General Kenobi (target B2)
3rd move: C3PO Oh My Goodness on Shaak Ti (target B2)
4th move: GK basic on B2 and B2 is dead.
then Both Magna attack and the Droideka just anhilate my GK and another toon.

How can I survive. The videos on youtube had less powerful toon and they are just easily getting through. I don't get it.

Replies

• Options
    Whale Harder. Relics make things easier. Make Ashoka offense like 8K+ GK needs to be a lot tankier, sacrifice some speed for Health/Protection. G13 Padme..
  • Anariodin
    159 posts Member
    Options
    Padme basic on B2, Shaak Ti should call C3PO to assist on a Magna to put confusion on them. Prevents taunts
    and need a LOT more health on GK.
    It is a lot of RNG, you need everyone to live until B2 is downed. Then all by Shaak Ti for the remainder
  • Options
    Just gotta wait for the right RNG
  • Options
    Yeah, I’m not coming back to this train wreck until I’ve Relic 7’d everyone required.

I play games to have fun and de-stress, not so I can replay the same infuriating garbage and pray for 6 hours.
  • Options
    You proably want a health build on GK rather than protection. You have little (no?) way to regain protection but several ways to regain health. I guess Shaak can heal both.

Plus you get big health boost from Padme lead. Most importantly, protection up is based off of health. Makes no sense, true, but that is how it works. So 40% protection up is 40% of your health added as a buff that increases protetion.

If you get GK up enough to tank out some hits, it sounds like your strategy is in a good place.

Also, remember YT videos don't show you the dozens and dozens of fails before the winning run, especially with low gear. So it may take time.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait until you hit P4...lol. You can have all relics and still have to sit through hours of RNG. B)
  • Options
    I’m just going for R3 on everybody. If that’s not good enough then wow.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Moorebid
    496 posts Member
    Options
    I punched my way through, arms flying around without any strategy.
    Did have awesome mods and a R5 Padmé, R7 GK and R4 Shaak over your team though.
    It's doable with your gear, but mods on GK need to be rearranged.
  • GhostsGoblin
    48 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kill order
    B2
    Magnaguard
    Droideka (or both like I did)
    Magnaguard
    Droideka
    B1
    GG (stun while dealing with magnaguard or B1)
    Try and get over 100k+ either protection or health for Gk & speed for all toons.

Gave all perks from all other toons to Gk

Took 6 tries
    P4 took 100 tries
  • Options
    It took me like 15-20 tries and all my chars are g13 r4,5. Make sure Ashoka has crit damage triangle, offense offense offense. She is the key. That and kenobi 85k or more prot, and health. Not sure what you have for phase 4 but to me phase 2 was this event. So much harder than phase 4. For me any ways
  • Miketo28
    209 posts Member
    Options
    @cournojo don't give up. I recommend following advice given above on beefing up gk's health. I would add giving gk one or two more relic levels.
    I succeeded following a guy on YouTube. I cannot remember which one, but considering you are taking out the b2 first it may be the same one. The guy is soft spoken, and he did mention that it takes awhile for good rng.

Phase 4 ****. I almost gave up there, but then like magic rnjesus smiled on me and the run just went completely perfect. Reminded me of unlocking c3p0 with undergeared ewoks.
  • Options
    Definately need to increase GK health, try to get 6 dot health primaries in place which will boost up his health by 16% each mod.

I managed to consistently survive the first barrage from droideka with around 75000 health, but I'd recommend at least 70000 to give yourself a chance.
  • Options
    Don’t do that. Put more relics on the toons that really need it (GK, Padme, B1, Asaaj) and don’t waste finishers on toons that don’t need it (Magna, 3po for example)
  • Raptus
    64 posts Member
    Options
    Step 1: skip gas, go gl & top mod your DR for gas in pvp/tw//gac.
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Options
    Don’t do that. Put more relics on the toons that really need it (GK, Padme, B1, Asaaj) and don’t waste finishers on toons that don’t need it (Magna, 3po for example)
    For future uses?
  • Options
    For future uses?
    My Magna, Droideka, B2, 3po are all still g12. Ahsoka was only recently promoted to g13.

My point is that r3 on the key toons might not be enough. Get them to r5 minimum. And given how hard to come by the gear is to take toons to g13, you might want to have it available for the lesser toons when you’re ready for the event, but see if you can get by without using it.
  • Options
    I did it today... whilst I had kenobi at r7 and Ashoka at r3, my shaak was at g9 and c3po at g11. Padme was g12
    The minimum speed should be 250 for a nice run
    My turn order was Padme, Ashoka, shaak, c3po then kenobi. Mod Padme, shaak and c3po for speed. Ashoka for offense and kenobi for health.
    Kill order is b2, magnaguard, droideka, magnaguard, droideka, b1 then grevious.
    Start with the protection up from Padme, first special from Ashoka, basic from shaak(b2 should die now) then first special from 3po on magnaguard then retribution from kenobi. From there, try to take out a droideka. Then a magnaguard again to get to droideka again. Then leave b1. He should kill himself off anyway slowly cause of retribution. Ensure now that you have 3 stacks of translation on Padme. And keep using her stun on grevious. If you can also have 3 stacks on kenobi, you can win. Just keep grevious under stun and if you keep calling c3po to assist using his basic, you can always have that ability...

I made this comment on a YT video
    Kenobi had 100k health. Could have gotten 120k if I went all in on health
  • Options
    For future uses?
    My Magna, Droideka, B2, 3po are all still g12. Ahsoka was only recently promoted to g13.

My point is that r3 on the key toons might not be enough. Get them to r5 minimum. And given how hard to come by the gear is to take toons to g13, you might want to have it available for the lesser toons when you’re ready for the event, but see if you can get by without using it.
    Alright. I'll try. Thanks.
  • Options
    Phase 2 is utter ****. Droidekas murder Kenobi so fast. I gave up after 6 hours of trying.
    My GK is R4. Everyone else is G12.
  • Options
    cournojo wrote: »
    This is the first event that make me think about stopping to play this game.

I was finally able to get some nice character for T2 and T4, and I just can't pass T2. The Droideka are killing me so easily and I just cant attack them. As soon as they are available to be hit, one of the Magno either counter or attack and get the Taunt back up. Usually, the first DROIDEKAs attack are killing General Kenobi and sometime even a second toon.

I did watch pretty much every strategy out there and I am following them, but the droideka are just unstoppable. I do always kill B2 before their first attack, but after that it's always game over.

Here are my team, please help me out.

Padme G12, 2 zetas: Speed 302(144), Health 41570 (14526), Protection 46167 (2415)
    Ahsoka G13, R3, 1 zeta: Speed 201 (76), Heatlh 68732 (34700), Protection 40447 (5547)
    GK G13, R3, 1 zeta: Speed 270 (119), Health 56421 (11343), Protection 86179 (32560)
    Shaak Ti, G12, 1 zeta (leadership): Speed 294 (79) Health 19211 (849), Protection 50815 (12743)
    C3PO, G12, 1 zeta : 281 (149), Health 30995 (5289), Protection 59535 (15035)

1st move: Padme Cunning Plan (target B2)
    2nd move: Shaak Ti Assault Team on General Kenobi (target B2)
    3rd move: C3PO Oh My Goodness on Shaak Ti (target B2)
    4th move: GK basic on B2 and B2 is dead.
    then Both Magna attack and the Droideka just anhilate my GK and another toon.

How can I survive. The videos on youtube had less powerful toon and they are just easily getting through. I don't get it.

I felt the same as you the past 2 days. I probably tried over a hundred times before I got it. I watched a bunch of videos with teams weaker than mine but I couldn't get it to work.

My team in a nutshell was zzPadme r3, zGK r3, zzC3P0 G12.5, zAshoka G12.5 and zzShaak G12.5. Padme was 276 speed, rest were 240 or less, so Padme was the only toon to go before the first onslaught. Due to that I had to start the matches using Padme's Graceful Assault on B2. If I started with Cunning Plan my team died before I could kill B2. I also applied health mods with speed secondaries on everyone.