Rework Vader for Fathers Day

with the anniversary of the empire strikes back and fathers day, this is such a banging opportunity to announce a rework to Vader to go with that slightly updated new skin

if there was ever a reason to justify a rework this would surely be it but sadly we know that nothing will come of it. I know that reworks don't make them much money which is why we haven't had tones but surely they should have jumped on this opportunity, there won't be a better excuse to rework arguably Star Wars most iconic character

Replies

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno did implied something about that when Vader's kit got the visual upgrade with JK Luke release. ;)
  • LordDirt
    5171 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing like the face of Star Wars being so weak in this game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Weak is certainly not the word for it, he hits harder than most toons at r7. Outdated would be more on point. He just needs a little more flavour in his kit to keep up with all these new mechanics that's been added to the game.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice if he had a strong sinergy with JK Luke. That would certainly make the idea of farming for the character more appealing.
  • Options
    What like a father and son team-up? For the love of Cthulu please no. Vader is an awesome evil sith lord and he should stay that way only more killy.
  • Options
    I’m just happy with the Happy Father’s Day gifts we got from CG. They understand it’s about the little things!
  • Options

Weak is certainly not the word for it, he hits harder than most toons at r7. Outdated would be more on point. He just needs a little more flavour in his kit to keep up with all these new mechanics that's been added to the game.

Correct! He is a top tier char for me! Still a part of my Arena squad. I stay in the 60-80 range in Arena.
  • Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »

Correct! He is a top tier char for me! Still a part of my Arena squad. I stay in the 60-80 range in Arena.

I’m sorry but Vader is not even a ‘B team’ tier character.

• Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Don’t get me wrong I like Vader but in game he’s not good at all

• Options
    Vader would be 100% better with just a small change to his kit.

Remove this sentence from his lead "While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them."

Add it to his unique.
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I think a Vader rework is absolutely coming - but not in time for the JKL event since he is a major player in it.

I'd expect that the rework comes along in the next two weeks though. That will give a boost to those looking to unlock JKL on the second pass. From a business perspective it makes sense, that will push some people on the fence for unlock round two if Lando/Vader get reworks and are useful characters after the fact.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    I think a Vader rework is absolutely coming - but not in time for the JKL event since he is a major player in it.

I'd expect that the rework comes along in the next two weeks though. That will give a boost to those looking to unlock JKL on the second pass. From a business perspective it makes sense, that will push some people on the fence for unlock round two if Lando/Vader get reworks and are useful characters after the fact.

Meh. That would require like 8 hours of development work. That's way to much of a stretch effort for CGs developer.
  • Options
    Thats too expensive.
  • Options
    I think it’s coming soon, just not until after the 25th because of Luke’s event.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Options
    It's funny to see this minutes after the post went out.
  • Options
    You’re Welcome.
  • Options
    And it happened lol
  • Options
    tbh nobody saw that coming
  • Raid
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks CG!
  • Options
    They did it!! 11/10 awesome olive branch for the community
  • Oktoberknight07
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

nedb6342trx3.gif

It is the Darth Vader we got!!! now
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Who’s getting fired for reworking a character that we already geared up? The CG I know won’t stand for this.
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Yes he is actually...
    Depends on how you use him!
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Options
    awesome! love this rework!