Sandbagging at its finest.

tyke
5 posts Member
edited July 2020
I usualy not complain even when my guild got pretty **** matchups lately like 5-10 more gls ,500 more g13 atd., you got the idea. But this time its too much even for me. CG needs to start thinking about doing smth. about this., Guilds are sandbaging leaving 10 players out of tw , most of the time alt accounts to get easy matchups and whats the reward? One zeta?? Ok cool but where is the fun in that? Is that 1 zeta worth it for them to play boring tws?? icynn418yn62.jpeg
This guild prolly call themselfs top guild. Well good for them.. i know this issue is here for a while and will never change i guess, just wanted to give my 2 cents.
Post edited by tyke on

Replies

• Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Options
    You can't really compare the numbers because they only have 40 people in tw compared to your 50. Of course it will still be a mismatch, but part of the problem is these comparison tools that everyone uses are not accurate. The developers of those tools should fix them to provide correct comparisons or at least put a warning indicating that these comparisons are not relevant to the actual war when it's *not* 50 vs 50.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Also, if guilds intentionally sandbagged by sitting 10 people out of a war, odds are it would quickly become a guild of 40 instead of 50. Those 10 people would quit and go find another guild. Guilds do not intentionally sandbag. They just have players who don't join all the time.
  • tyke
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Yea i know , but like i sayd its sandbag its still guild with 40 players with top teams /relics/ mods especialy they are the most important thing in the game and those players had advantege to get them for way longer same as zetas atd. So its avtualy saying smth. 20 is the number of teams we can set = means they have aroun 40 in and like i sayd this guils leave their alts out
    I can bet you for anything all of those 18 gls will be in.
  • tyke
    5 posts Member
    Options
    Aandien wrote: »
    Also, if guilds intentionally sandbagged by sitting 10 people out of a war, odds are it would quickly become a guild of 40 instead of 50. Those 10 people would quit and go find another guild. Guilds do not intentionally sandbag. They just have players who don't join all the time.

Man you think in 300m guild 10 people sit out tw becouse they forgot to join or smrh? Cmon
  • Options
    It would seem that 1 zeta is worth twisting your knickers for more than one player in this game. Why should your opponent feel differently about it?
    P.S. This "sandbagging" is not likely to be a malicious or otherwise exploitative act.
  • tyke
    5 posts Member
    Options
    It would seem that 1 zeta is worth twisting your knickers for more than one player in this game. Why should your opponent feel differently about it?
    P.S. This "sandbagging" is not likely to be a malicious or otherwise exploitative act.

Yea i get it for somebody that 1 zeta is worth it . My point is it literarly ruins the tw enjoyment for both guilds and as such its flawed system. Nothing else iam trying to say here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's most likely not sandbagging - at least not in the sense that the other guild is doing something malicious. It's a bad matchmaking algorithm that does not accurately balance guilds matched with differing number of participants.

Honestly, I am not sure why CG hasn't simply moved "number of active participants" up to the top of the matchmaking priority in the algorithm. Prolly too expensive. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Our 215mil guild has 47/49 joined.. our oppo has 258mil with 40/50 join..

Obviously that 258mil gp guild has a problem with participation, they are ok with 10 people being out at one time in a guild event, you can tell that by the guild gp, it’s a dead give away.

@EventineElessedil bit it’s definitely not deliberate is it? As that would be gaming the system and pretty much being a kitten move really and obviously not something that really happens.
  • Options
    Hold on... is that... sarcasm @Damodamo...?

Sandbagging is a thing. Lazy matchmaking algorithms are a thing. The notion that we shouldn’t care about a major component of swgoh gameplay because ‘it’s only 1 zeta’ is frankly bizarre. Lab rats press levers for rewards. I’d actually like to enjoy the game play.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    you'll beat them in ships!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Our 215mil guild has 47/49 joined.. our oppo has 258mil with 40/50 join..

Obviously that 258mil gp guild has a problem with participation, they are ok with 10 people being out at one time in a guild event, you can tell that by the guild gp, it’s a dead give away.

@EventineElessedil bit it’s definitely not deliberate is it? As that would be gaming the system and pretty much being a kitten move really and obviously not something that really happens.

There are plenty of guilds (including in that GP range) that don't care about TW participation. If 10 people in my guild miss because they either forgot to sign up or just don't want to do TW, I don't care. For TB, every guild member's participation matters. For TW, all that matters is the participation of those who sign up.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Peein_Thevergee sarcasm? Me? Noooo, course not.

@Indominable_J really? A high end guild that doesn’t care about participation? Hmm I’ve been in guilds sub 100 upto 280 ish and participation has always been a thing, if you happen to be on holiday then cool, but 10 people in a guild at a time? Hmm ok then.

As @Peein_Thevergee said, it’s a lazy matchmaking algorithm, but that doesn’t make it any better that certain guilds can and do exploit the system.
  • Options
    @Peein_Thevergee sarcasm? Me? Noooo, course not.

@Indominable_J really? A high end guild that doesn’t care about participation? Hmm I’ve been in guilds sub 100 upto 280 ish and participation has always been a thing, if you happen to be on holiday then cool, but 10 people in a guild at a time? Hmm ok then.

As @Peein_Thevergee said, it’s a lazy matchmaking algorithm, but that doesn’t make it any better that certain guilds can and do exploit the system.
    TW optional in my guild. You can doubt it all you like, but it is a thing.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, 295m guild and you decide if you want to play. Most do, but we have several sit out each time for various reasons, usually because everyone is expected to participate and some won't have time to hit it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Guesstimate that 5-10 players in my guild sit out every TW. It's not a deliberate strategy, it's just that they have something better to do I guess.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Guesstimate that 5-10 players in my guild sit out every TW. It's not a deliberate strategy, it's just that they have something better to do I guess.

Agreed. And that's often the case in many guilds. But I think the issue is that the TW matchmaking algorithm doesnt seem to properly account for different numbers of active players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    My personal issue is with guilds that state ‘tw focused’ and yet always seem to field 8-12 fewer players than they have..

But obviously, the tw focused guild isn’t doing this as a way to game the system, it’s just something that happens.

Obviously.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TW focused can also mean if you don't have time to attack, don't join.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF im in the group of people who don’t often disagree with what you say, but this time..

Respectfully disagree
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF im in the group of people who don’t often disagree with what you say, but this time..

Respectfully disagree

You disagree that this is exactly what my guild does? Ok. But you're wrong.

• Options
    @TVF im in the group of people who don’t often disagree with what you say, but this time..

Respectfully disagree
    This is exactly the rule in my guild too.

If you’re not going to be able to check the TW map regularly, do not sign up.

You can disagree all you like, but this is how several top end guilds operate.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF @DarjeloSalas i appreciate your specific guilds operate that way and most actual reasonable guilds work that way, I agree. I disagree that your point of view is the only one that should be correct. Some guilds are more manipulative than yours tv (I don’t know your darjelo sorry), when my guild faces yours we lost fairly, not by having the weakest 10 members not join up.

Sandbagging is a thing, it may not be something that people like to admit happens, but it does. There is no solution other than to develop your own guild so you can counter whatever you need to counter. But that doesn’t make anyone in this threads point of view less valid.

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    TVF DarjeloSalas i appreciate your specific guilds operate that way and most actual reasonable guilds work that way, I agree. I disagree that your point of view is the only one that should be correct.

Please go back and find where I said my point of view is the only one that is correct. I literally said it "can" mean what I said, not that it has to.
    TVF wrote: »
    TW focused can also mean if you don't have time to attack, don't join.
  • Options
    I’m not saying it isn’t - you’re the one saying that any and all guilds who go in with 8-12 not signed up are doing it deliberately to game the system.

That’s the point of view that is not valid.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF sorry I wasn’t aiming anything at you, was just having a conversation. Apologies if you thought I meant you specifically where saying other peoples points of view were invalid, I meant in general terms.

Tw focused can mean participate if you have time or it can also mean participate or else..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why everyone keeps focusing on whether or not a guild that has high GP but closer to 40 than 50 participating in TW is intentionally doing anything to "game the system" or not. The real issue is that the TW matchmaking algorithm doesn't seem to properly account for different numbers of active players from competing guilds. If that were fixed, the "intentional or not" question would be irrelevant. But at least the Vader's art is centered, JKL's animations play, and we have another Challenge Tier in assault battles, that they copy/pasted the rewards for. :|

• Options

Indominable_J really? A high end guild that doesn’t care about participation? Hmm I’ve been in guilds sub 100 upto 280 ish and participation has always been a thing, if you happen to be on holiday then cool, but 10 people in a guild at a time? Hmm ok then.

Yes really. We're 250m+ and don't care whether or not you sign up for TW. If you sign up, we expect participation, but if you don't sign up, that's fine. TB we care about everyone participating.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agreed. And that's often the case in many guilds. But I think the issue is that the TW matchmaking algorithm doesnt seem to properly account for different numbers of active players.

Thought experiment: if MM included both the number of guild members and total GP, then effectively the metric of interest would be average GP per player. A system like that would be easy to manipulate for TW, and a whole new string of complaints would erupt.
    A guild half full of low-GP alts could drastically reduce avg GP, again resulting in lopsided matches.
    But at least the complaints would be of a new flavor.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Thought experiment: if MM included both the number of guild members and total GP, then effectively the metric of interest would be average GP per player. A system like that would be easy to manipulate for TW, and a whole new string of complaints would erupt.
    A guild half full of low-GP alts could drastically reduce avg GP, again resulting in lopsided matches.
    But at least the complaints would be of a new flavor.

Two things:
    1) Most guilds aren't "half full of low-GP alts". Would that be possible? Sure. Just like it's possible that high powered guilds are intentionally sitting players for easier TW matchups - that is to say, possible, but not likely.

2) The current system doesn't work well as it pertains to different sized matchups. That's obvious. If there's at least a chance that changing it would work better, I think most people would be at least willing to give it a try.

• tyke
    5 posts Member
    Options
    So ye 1 week later another tw and of course its not sandbaging but coincedence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib4GKgpYQ1A&feature=youtu.beovu1fhd3kkew.jpeg
    yfhog6qdpu3y.jpeg