GL Rey and Ticket/Gear Disadvantage

EvgeniKessel
221 posts Member
edited September 2020
I didn't see a previous post, and maybe I'm late to the party on this, but I'm finally able to start grinding GL Rey event tickets (yay me!). There is an inherent disadvantage in going for GL Rey due to the availability of gear relative to the event tickets. In order to farm GL Rey's event tickets, you have to run light side battles. But much of the gear that GL Rey will need (kyros, stun guns, etc.) is only available on dark side nodes. So if you're farming GL Rey, you have to make a choice (between tickets and gear) that you don't have to make when farming SLKylo tickets. You can farm both at the same time if you're going for SLKylo. This seems incredibly unfair as it will take much longer to fully gear GL Rey because of the gear availability.

CG, can you please add some of that gear to light side nodes to level the playing field?
Go Pens!

Replies

• TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the mk7 shock prod kryo is way more in demand and it's LS while the mk9 battle computer is DS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rey needs 400 battle computers and Kylo needs 400 shock prods

Both kyro that is needed the most by the GL is in the opposite node on purpose

Kylo’s finisher is also in LS table and IIRC Rey’s isn’t
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    op would be right if op said the opposite of what op said
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

This is gonna take me a bit to untangle, brb.
  • Options
    This seems incredibly unfair as it will take much longer to fully gear GL Rey because of the gear availability.
    I think you've confused "incredibly unfair" with "moderately inconvenient."

Also rabbits are an LS farm. You're going to need many, many of those, too.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

This is gonna take me a bit to untangle, brb.

ixk04bhlrg3k.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    which ones are rabbits?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    which ones are rabbits?
    Never ask that. :D
  • Options
    which ones are rabbits?
    Shock prod.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Fair point on the kyro split between LS and DS, but you can only farm stun guns (GLRey needs FOUR FREAKING HUNDRED of them) on DS nodes. SLKylo also needs 400 of them, but you can farm them while farming his event tickets. You cannot get stun guns on LS nodes to farm both at the same time. The closest LS-only gear piece (aside from the split kyros) is the hyposyringe, and SLKylo only needs 150 of them.

Not being able to farm stun guns on LS whilst farming event tickets is a pretty big disadvantage to GLRey.
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Yeah, I raised this a couple weeks back, especially as it pertains to Stun Gun and gold ball salvage, which are also only available on DS nodes. But I got absolutely roasted by the regulars...
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Hey if you don't need to farm kyro, consider yourself lucky I guess.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Hey if you don't need to farm kyro, consider yourself lucky I guess.

Nobody said they didn’t have to farm kyros, but sometimes there are more pressing roadblocks and in a majority of those cases someone with SLKR won’t have to decide between tickets and gear but GL Rey will.