Make a practice setting for 3v3

The best feeling in the world is having counters available for GL’s but when we switch to 3v3, is having next to no practice going against them. Especially multiple GL’s.
So devs, how about that sand box mode your community has been asking for now, for...idk a couple years now? This is exactly where we could benefit from that. Losing a GAC round after one match isn’t exactly “fun” and doesn’t make me ever want to spend on the game again lol. So how about it? Wanna do something for the community and actually establish a game mode where we can try these types of compositions? Or are you going to tell use nobody will use it and it’s “too expensive”

Replies

• Options
    They won't make any money off implementing a sand box mode for us, so it isn't happening. That's the bottom line.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They won't make any money off implementing a sand box mode for us, so it isn't happening. That's the bottom line.

They could easily make money as people theorycrafted new counters and higher level gameplay. People would rush to buy new characters to test, or buy packs for gear and relics for characters they have tested and want to relic now. Stuff like that wouldn't be that hard to market, and since they seem to have packs for every special occasion on standby, they could easily make some about underused factions and people would test how good they are in the sandbox and buy the packs if it worked out. Especially if they used it/the packs to roll out reworks and/or new characters/factions.

They can't exactly monetize the sandbox itself, but it really wouldn't be that hard to monetize all of the potential effects of having a sandbox in the first place.
  • Options

They could easily make money as people theorycrafted new counters and higher level gameplay. People would rush to buy new characters to test, or buy packs for gear and relics for characters they have tested and want to relic now. Stuff like that wouldn't be that hard to market, and since they seem to have packs for every special occasion on standby, they could easily make some about underused factions and people would test how good they are in the sandbox and buy the packs if it worked out. Especially if they used it/the packs to roll out reworks and/or new characters/factions.

They can't exactly monetize the sandbox itself, but it really wouldn't be that hard to monetize all of the potential effects of having a sandbox in the first place.

I don't disagree with you. These same points have been brought up to them for YEARS (literally, years) and they still won't add one for us.
  • Options

I’m on that “keep bringing it up” train and maybe one day and especially with Doja on board maybe TopCash will finally cave and do something for the community for once
  • Options
    Anything would be nice. Theorycrafting in 3v3 is pretty much reduced to "well, I hope this works...."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I’m on that “keep bringing it up” train and maybe one day and especially with Doja on board maybe TopCash will finally cave and do something for the community for once

What makes you think this Doja dude is going to not fall into the abyss of silence that we have?
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Anything would be nice. Theorycrafting in 3v3 is pretty much reduced to "well, I hope this works...."

Not really though. There are lots of counter threads and Discord channels dedicated to 3s
  • Options

I would pay them $10 to unlock a sandbox mode. Heck maybe even up to $30.
  • Options
    Would be kinda cool if they added 3v3 events and a 3v3 tw.more on the calender and more rewards which would help with the grind
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Not really though. There are lots of counter threads and Discord channels dedicated to 3s

I mean my ability to theorycraft with my roster/mods. Not watching someone else with God mods and 120 R7 toons put together a chart with 2 sentences of explanation. Use those things as a starting point, sure. But I mean the ability to try things out and see what works and why (again, with my roster/mods).

I do that in arena now. I will sometimes switch to a non-GL counter for Rey or SLKR just to see how mine stack up for TW or GAC. But there's no place to actually practice 3v3 (and no, 3v5 isn't practice for 3v3).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Psst. You’re in the practice area now.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    LordDunbar wrote: »

At this point I'd honestly pay something like a $5/month sub fee to have a pay to access sandbox mode. There, they now have a way to make money off of it. Thousands if not tens of thousands a month assuming most players cave into buying it.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

If you look at one of the other replies you'll see the issue with this logic. Essentially you're correct, and discords and forums help with theorycrafting. But stuff like mods and certain character interactions can't be predicted and worked out without actual testing. Especially since not everyone has the same mods at all, and they're entirely RNG, so even if one person can test on their own with maxed out characters (that again, not everyone has), that test means little to nothing if someone's using different mods.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

If you look at one of the other replies you'll see the issue with this logic. Essentially you're correct, and discords and forums help with theorycrafting. But stuff like mods and certain character interactions can't be predicted and worked out without actual testing. Especially since not everyone has the same mods at all, and they're entirely RNG, so even if one person can test on their own with maxed out characters (that again, not everyone has), that test means little to nothing if someone's using different mods.

Yeah I’m just saying we’re all in the same boat. They gave us gc’s which allow a bit of testing for 5v5, but I don’t see why/how they would give an actual, fully developed sandbox, and especially for 3v3 (although a fully customizable sandbox could cover that). I mean, does it make sense for them to spend time/effort/$ make a mode where people can just figure everything out? I don’t see it.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I'm loathe to express any ideas I have outside of just, sandbox good. It's like wishing on a monkey paw, its constantly corrupted.

But 3s really need attention. It should be a neat mode. It should give reasons to level up under utilized characters. Carth mission and big z are under rated imo. It would benefit a lot of things.

As it stands it's kinda just obnoxious. "Ugh I gotta set a bunch of 3s teams, what worked well last time?" But having somewhere else to tinker and dare i say practice 3s, that would be far more engaging.
  • Options
    I like 3v3 the way it is. Rewards players who can theorycraft and adapt.
  • Shadowmaster4
    475 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yeah I’m just saying we’re all in the same boat. They gave us gc’s which allow a bit of testing for 5v5, but I don’t see why/how they would give an actual, fully developed sandbox, and especially for 3v3 (although a fully customizable sandbox could cover that). I mean, does it make sense for them to spend time/effort/$ make a mode where people can just figure everything out? I don’t see it.

At this point I'd honestly pay something like a $5/month sub fee to have a pay to access sandbox mode. There, they now have a way to make money off of it. Thousands if not tens of thousands a month assuming most players cave into buying it.

One of my previous replies covers why. It's an easily monetized game mode if they so chose. They would put minimal effort into it, basically just modifying the same structure that the arena or GA has, so you can set some defense and then fight it with whatever you want. Then they would make returns instantly with either an unlock fee or a subscription. Not that I want them to heavily monetize an entire game mode, but it's the kind of thing both a business and a "sandbox hungry" community might agree with.

On top of that, players "figuring everything out" would also benefit them monetarily, as people realize what teams they need to gear up and what counters they need. The whales of the community would be more likely to buy packs and gear, while the F2P community trying to stay relevant might be pressured into at least buying the sandbox mode at all. It allows them to wring the community's collective wallet dry in a way that few people would actually complain about, I don't see how they haven't done it already.
  • Options
    Clarify sandbox mode....is it access to every and all characters any level and gear and setup vs any team you select from any characters at any levels........

or is it to just use what currently have in your roster and you can mock battle fight your guildmates and allies list. If it's the first I highly doubt you'll ever get. If it's latter....it has better chance and more realistic.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I like 3v3 the way it is. Rewards players who can theorycraft and adapt.

Exactly!
  • Options

One of my previous replies covers why. It's an easily monetized game mode if they so chose. They would put minimal effort into it, basically just modifying the same structure that the arena or GA has, so you can set some defense and then fight it with whatever you want. Then they would make returns instantly with either an unlock fee or a subscription. Not that I want them to heavily monetize an entire game mode, but it's the kind of thing both a business and a "sandbox hungry" community might agree with.

On top of that, players "figuring everything out" would also benefit them monetarily, as people realize what teams they need to gear up and what counters they need. The whales of the community would be more likely to buy packs and gear, while the F2P community trying to stay relevant might be pressured into at least buying the sandbox mode at all. It allows them to wring the community's collective wallet dry in a way that few people would actually complain about, I don't see how they haven't done it already.
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Clarify sandbox mode....is it access to every and all characters any level and gear and setup vs any team you select from any characters at any levels........

or is it to just use what currently have in your roster and you can mock battle fight your guildmates and allies list. If it's the first I highly doubt you'll ever get. If it's latter....it has better chance and more realistic.

I made a rough layout of what it could look like but unfortunately it got buried in the feedback section.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237790/sandbox-mode#latest
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Maztoras wrote: »

I made a rough layout of what it could look like but unfortunately it got buried in the feedback section.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/237790/sandbox-mode#latest

It wasn't buried and it does not matter
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Drop a hundo and we got a deal. Yearly renewal at only 49$.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Drop a hundo and we got a deal. Yearly renewal at only 49$.

Honestly, I know it's kinda supposed to be satirical, but I might be tempted to pay that. The amount that something like that would boost my playtime and enjoyment of the game would be worth more to me than the hyperdrive bundle, and they get away with charging a hundo for that.
  • Options
    CG, hear hear!