Territory War match-ups are killing my guild

dernjg
2 posts Member
edited December 2020
There's been a lot of turnover in my guild over the past six months, and the morale is taking a hit. The biggest problem we're having is the Territory Wars.

We're setting solid defenses, we're getting participation, and we're doing our best. But we're about to close out 2020 without a single TW win, and that takes a toll.

We're not a top-tier guild. We know this. We have three Reys and four Kylos, 271 million GP, an Arena Average Rank of 166.0 and a Fleet Average Rank of 90.7. Decent, but we're not getting ranked anytime soon.

In the past two months, we've had to face three ranked guilds. Even when our opponent is unranked, we're severe underdogs. This war, we're looking at a 288 million GP guild with four Jedi Master Lukes, two Gucci Palps, 22 Rey and 19 Kylos. They have an average arena rank of 62.8, and a fleet rank of 38.3.

Our only chance to win is if they forget to play. There's no fun in this.

I've been tracking the past three months of TW for us. The ONLY time we were matched up against a league that had the same rough GP, arena ranks and GL count, it was a blast. We lost that one by only 10 points, but it felt fun and amazing to not be immediately crushed.

TW CAN be a fun part of this game for everyone, but we need better match-ups. Can we please factor in win-loss records in pairings? Or maybe count Relics, Zetas, Arena ranks? GP isn't cutting it on its own. Please help us, you're our only hope.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    a bunch of top end guilds are going in with less members to beat up guild like yours for easy wins on purpose
  • Nema_schartwz
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    If you wanna win, you are gonna have to sandbag and restrict yourselves to a lower gp. So only allow people to sign up til you reach 224 mil gp and makes sure those with gl are signing up. If that doesn’t work, go to the next lowest bracket. It sucks, but match making is an issue I don’t see getting fixed.
  • Options
    That sounds like our 2019. We lost about 17 TW's in a row and it was carnage on occasions, but we have gradually turned it around and have won about 60% this year. Hang in there and keep working on those GL's
  • Options
    Guild i am in has a lot of GP bloat and we tend to get hammered. Think they really should look at something besides GP to add to the MM system. Do something along the lines of taking the guilds W/L record into account when MM. At this point we're mostly there for the two zetas. We have (3) GLs and will face opponents with (12).

Just a thought.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Guild i am in has a lot of GP bloat and we tend to get hammered. Think they really should look at something besides GP to add to the MM system. Do something along the lines of taking the guilds W/L record into account when MM. At this point we're mostly there for the two zetas. We have (3) GLs and will face opponents with (12).

Just a thought.

The problem is, they will have to completely overhaul the prize tiers. If you are only paired up with similar guilds, you have guilds with huge GP bloat having the same W/L record as whale guilds.
  • Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »

Just a thought.

The problem is that all guilds in same GP bracket get equal rewards for winning (or losing). So if they will take into account win/loss ratio while matchmaking they will essentially punish strong guilds for being strong, and it seems very counterproductive way. The only way to fix it is to introduce some sort of guild PvP ladder system and scale rewards according to this. But it doesn't seems devs care much about this atm.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    The problem is that all guilds in same GP bracket get equal rewards for winning (or losing). So if they will take into account win/loss ratio while matchmaking they will essentially punish strong guilds for being strong, and it seems very counterproductive way. The only way to fix it is to introduce some sort of guild PvP ladder system and scale rewards according to this. But it doesn't seems devs care much about this atm.

Are the rewards really that outstanding that you'd need to do any realignment? To be honest they kind of are crappy win or lose. It's one more zeta and a handful more GET. Not a huge disparity between winning and losing. At least in my opinion. I always thought it was more about competition than the rewards garnered from them. And if you look at the current iteration it's completely flawed anyway how it is because we all know that flat GP as an indicator is completely meaningless.

• Options
    The reward difference between a win and a loss are very little. So I don’t quite understand why the morale would be low just on that?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    The reward difference between a win and a loss are very little. So I don’t quite understand why the morale would be low just on that?

this. take the free rewards and care less imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    If it was Geo TB and you lose a couple or even just one star when you know your guild has gotten better results, then I could see morale being low. But TW isn’t something to lose morale over.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    I could understand low morale not winning any in a year.
  • Options
    Sadly there's been many topics around this, so it seems CG don't really care.
    I'd prefer they included numbers signing up in the match making, as when you have 40 vs 50, there is no competition. Just using total GP entered is lazy and results in consistent mismatches.
    Unfiortunately you just have to accept TW match making is crap, and take the 2 zetas.