Siphon mastery - How mastery increases

lmperator
9 posts Member
edited January 2021
Do I think right the Mastery grows like this:
GL Kylo has 45 Mastery, i use strike, then my Siphon is 40, i use aoe then mastery equals 45 + 40% of 45 = 65,25. And then i use strike, my Siphon is 80, is use aoe then mastery equals 65,25 + 80% of 65,25 (current value) or 65,25 + 80% 45 (initial value)?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Current value, which is why SLKR can eventually stack ridiculous damage, even though the damage gain from mastery is typically quite modest
  • Options
    Thanks @Bulldog1205
  • Options
    ...and that is just how CG broke the game...
  • Options
    If only Rey's stacking mastery was also additive like SLKR's - she would clear the raid just as easily then.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • lmperator
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Current value, which is why SLKR can eventually stack ridiculous damage, even though the damage gain from mastery is typically quite modest

I've made some calculation:
    1. Calculated with percentages - the results don't make sense (mastery equals 65,25 + 80% of 65,25)
    2. Calculated with addition - the results make sense (mastery equals current value of mastery + current values of Siphon)

stkj49qrubgv.png

08b7jsv1zscb.png

• TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Merailla wrote: »
    ...and that is just how CG broke the game...

Mine is still working.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I had hoped this thread would explain mastery, esp with slkr. In words, I mean
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    lmperator wrote: »

I've made some calculation:
    1. Calculated with percentages - the results don't make sense (mastery equals 65,25 + 80% of 65,25)
    2. Calculated with addition - the results make sense (mastery equals current value of mastery + current values of Siphon)

stkj49qrubgv.png

08b7jsv1zscb.png

Its hard for me to process what's going on there from my mobile phone, but I'm pretty sure there are no negatives involved there, right? Remember GLs lose I think 15% mastery each turn?
  • lmperator
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Its hard for me to process what's going on there from my mobile phone, but I'm pretty sure there are no negatives involved there, right? Remember GLs lose I think 15% mastery each turn?

I can't find any information about "GLs lose 15% mastery each turn"

I've made more readable calculations.
    1. Calculated with addition - the results make sense (mastery equals current value of mastery + current values of Siphon). This calculation is more and less the same like my damage dealt in raid. Damage does not take the opponent's defense and stats, but gives an overview of the dealt damage.
    9kaq587mww7o.png

2. Calculated with percentages - the results don't make sense (mastery equals current value of mastery + 80% of current value of mastery). Column 'Total Dmg' shows the damage per strike - it is too high.
    q7c7a2uz214q.png

3. Calculated with percentages having -15% mastery per turn - the results don't make sense. Column 'Total Dmg' shows the damage per strike - it is too high.
    1yqhoijiqmyx.png

• Options
    Makes sense then. I've never run the numbers myself, but I know that even ignoring armor damage doesn't stack into the hundred millions. Pit fighter II is the skill that causes GLs to lose 15% mastery.
  • Options
    Considering the information from Developer Insights and Kit Reveal Supreme Leader Kylo Ren:
    1. Siphon: This unit will gain 1% of a stat per stack and the target will lose the amount gained
    2. Siphon Mastery: Gain a percentage of Mastery equal to this unit's Siphon until the end of the encounter and the target loses that much Mastery (stacking, excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends)
    3. To ensure that Kylo can Siphon Mastery even from units that don’t have Mastery, the amount of Mastery Kylo gains is based on his Mastery and Siphon stacks, and then the target loses the same amount that Kylo gained.
    4. Note: Most characters have a base Mastery of 0 regardless of if they have their Relic unlocked. Mastery can go negative, and when it does, the stats that it affects for that particular character will be decreased rather than increased.

Calculated with percentages of traget mastery - the results make sense (mastery equals current value of mastery + [current values of Siphon]% [current value of target mastery]). If we assume that Mastery of target is 80, this calculation is more and less the same like my damage dealt in raid. Raid boss has the same mastery, can't be reduced. I still have to include reducing the Mastery in each turn of raid boss (after next raid).
    g5fr65lnhplt.png

• Options
    Ave Imperator =)

Here is my second attempt to make a damage calculator. It does not match completely, but it is kind of very good approximation. We have a function with many variables and coefficients and it is not clear what should go first and what last.

e.g: Do we have reduce offense by 15% first and then mastery, or vice versa. Do we have to use base value of offense and mastery or current one.

Also it seems to me that damage boost is not linear to mastery and slows down gradually.

BTW, Does anyone knows SLKR ulta damage multiplier?

yjr9kcjmdpfv.png
  • Options
    Ave Imperator =)

Here is my second attempt to make a damage calculator. It does not match completely, but it is kind of very good approximation. We have a function with many variables and coefficients and it is not clear what should go first and what last.

e.g: Do we have reduce offense by 15% first and then mastery, or vice versa. Do we have to use base value of offense and mastery or current one.

Also it seems to me that damage boost is not linear to mastery and slows down gradually.

BTW, Does anyone knows SLKR ulta damage multiplier?

Hi SpielWechsler

I did more calculations including buffs, various damages (basic, special), lowering Mastery each Boss turn but makes it more confusing. To determine the level of damage done, the simplest sheet works best, without any additional interactions. I will try to include only lowering the Mastery, and if something comes out of it I will write.