Ineligible for Challenge Rancor Rewards

RebelHorizon
2 posts Member
edited January 2021
Hello,

I've contacted EA support twice regarding my issue and they haven't given me anything other than a boilerplate answer that doesn't address the crux of my issue.

For my guild's last challenge rancor run I got a notification while joining that I would be ineligible for rewards due to participating in too many raids. I did not have this problem for the previous challenge rancor we completed. I did not change guilds or complete any more raids than anyone else in my guild, but I'm the only one with this issue.

I still helped my guild out and contributed despite this and came in 3rd for total damage, which really rubs salt in the wound. Those r8 pieces are tough to lose out on.

EA support isnt helpful, but would @CG_Doja_Fett or @CG_SBCrumb perhaps be able to help me get rewards or at least a satisfactory answer why this happened to only me? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Replies

• Turbo87
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    also to add. Rebel horizon joined the guild on 1/3 and the latest raid started the latest raid 1/16 (which is the one he wasn’t eligible for). Any explanation on what occurred would be helpful.
    “Help us @CG_Doja_Fett, you are our only hope”.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    So even with those dates it is possible that you did too many raids due to what is stated.

The raid maximum is always expressed with a remainder per week, so if it was measured over a 2 week period (which is likely). That 13 day period in your current guild could still have a raid from your previous guild in the 14 day time total time period.
  • Options
    I was under the impression the raid limits are calculated per week. Any clarification on the reward limits would be helpful.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Turbo87 wrote: »
    I was under the impression the raid limits are calculated per week. Any clarification on the reward limits would be helpful.

In one conversation with the dev team, they were joking talking about statements like this, and saying that you always have to add at the end "so I can exploit it."

It's a joke and I am not saying that's the case here.

I dont think they will give more details or explanation on this topic, although they may give us the number per week, as they have for other raids.

It doesnt make sense for it to be calculated per week, as it has a remainder, and in my guild hopping days I know for a fact it's not weekly, and you can get, iirc, 1-2 extra with raids a month due to this fact. But that is a lot of coordination and stuff.
  • Options
    I don't remember the exact timing of the last cpit done in my previous guild. I guess it would be cool if I could get confirmation that is what happened here.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    So, and I know this is crazy so just hear me out, but what if CG just gave us some kind of, I don't know, visual cue as to when we are eligible for rewards? Like, I know it's a weird and ridiculous thought for things like this and for in-battle feats that require you to, I don't know, heal yourself a certain amount, to actually SHOW you your progress, but how great would it be?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't remember the exact timing of the last cpit done in my previous guild. I guess it would be cool if I could get confirmation that is what happened here.

That is the most likely situation, the only real path to verify that is to work through EA Help, and ask them to verify how many raids you have done.
  • Options
    Yeah from my experience that isn't actually a real path unless you hit the jackpot with someone that wants to help you. It's not worth the frustration to me unless it happens with our next raid.
  • Options
    i think people should be happy with just being able to complete the pit challenge. you are getting free exclusivity to dominate because of the r8 advantage against people who may or may not be paying to only get to r7. i think its a good thing they gated how many times the pit challenge can be completed. the pit challenge is one of the worst additions to the game that creates a disparity like no other time before.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    that creates a disparity like no other time before.

Yeah, not really.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, not really.
    so you are beating people in arena that have r8's with all r7's? i think not.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, not really.

Not sure about TVF, but I beat people in arena that have r8's and I have all <=r7 myself. JML, GAS, JKL are r7, the others are only r3.
  • Options
    R8 hasn't been a problem for me in the arena either. My R7 SLKR works just fine against R8 JML
  • Options
    One R8, while it gives a boost to its stats, isn't going to break your arena match up. Right now, most players are not going out of their way to take more than 1 or 2 characters to R8 because the cost of the other salvage is rough, and the more beneficial and needed piece (I think it's 7-8 full crafted protos to 20 mats) that I, personally, would rather use to gear other characters.
    Obi-Wan: "It's over, Anakin. I have the high ground."
    Vader: "You underestimate my power."
    Obi-Wan: "Don't try it."

Discord: Ringer#6983
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yeah, not really.

Not sure about TVF, but I beat people in arena that have r8's and I have all <=r7 myself. JML, GAS, JKL are r7, the others are only r3.

thanks for the correction. i stand in ignorance on this topic. disregard everything i have said in this topic.
  • Options

Yeah, not really.

R8 isn't really a big deal in pvp (at least as of now). I mop the floor with r8 teams using my r5-r7 teams. It honestly isn't that hard if you know what you're doing. As long as you use an appropriate counter and have good enough mods, the difference between r7 and r8 is almost insignificant.
    Same with fleets. Even if your opponent has a r8 GK or GG, you can still beat them reliably with the right lineup and strategy.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yeah, not really.

Yeah not a problem whatsoever.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    R8 in arena really only makes it more difficult for those with weak mods. In ships, it can certainly make it harder due to the speed increases.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    3 months is a long time to wait to be outraged over something so benign, especially when you don't understand the reasons given and think it's "random"

edit: great, now I look like a crazy person due to the deletion.
    "look like"
    Post edited by Gifafi on
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Yeah, not really.

The HSR when it first came out was far more challenging as the gear could bump up your toons health or damage and also give 6 extra speed which meant you could outspeed all your opponents. To this day the gear is easier to get and people that have been playing the game for a bit have all the toons that are key with the gear and likely to relics anyway.
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    R8 isn't a big deal. I haven't bothered putting R8 on anyone yet. I'm still working on JML and SEE and really can't afford the gear to salvage at this point. Heck, I was still beating R8 SLKR teams (granted SLKR was the only R8 opponent) with my R7 Rey and only got GAS and JKR to g13 in the past two weeks. I was still winning with those two at g12. AI is still awful for defense a lot of the time.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    R8 makes a notable difference in PVE in various cases (R8 SLKR performs notably better in raids than R7 SLKR, for example.) but for pvp it's only going to make a notable difference in very specific fringe cases - It might make a difference in empire vs negotiator fleet matchups, for example, if the 1 relic actually causes them to outspeed vader again, but for your core matchups, and particularly for squad arena, it just... doesn't really do much of anything. If you're still losing in a GL vs GL matchup, it's not CURRENTLY because they're a higher relic level than you, it's because of your team comp, your mods and your strategy. And I'll say this even in regards to mirror matches. Rey v Rey with a resistance lineup is maybe the only mirror where you can argue it makes a notable difference, because those matchups are terrible anyway.
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    This limiting feature does seem to be buggy in its implementation. At least 13 people in my guild failed to get rewards on our last CRancor despite the fact that none of them have gotten rewards outside of our guild. We're dealing with support right now but they seem to be having a hard time understanding the issue so far....

EDIT: at least 14