Proving grounds global modifier

ScrambledEggles
1 posts Member
edited April 2021
Am I missing something with how to get the superiority bonus to help with getting crit hits in the latest galactic challenge? Because I can't do the challenge
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    I always wanted a game mode where all my relic levels and mods were completely pointless. This is just the GC for me. Great work CG. 👍

(Seriously why does galactic challenges even still exist)
  • Options
    Somebody did it already?
  • Options
    @ScrambledEggles there is an event special ability (Superiority Training) for each character located above your normal abilities (in the row your passive abilities are listed, black button with what looks kind of like a ‘galactic swirl’ logo.
  • Options
    I'm so tired of the mirror damage GR modifier. Especially when you both are "supposed" to have Proving Grounds yet your team is wet tissue paper and they're still standing there with massive H&P bars.

Oh, and I had to get Bossk to an effective 381 speed to go before Shaak too. That was fun.
  • Options
    You have to use the ability 2 or 3 times on a time to give him a relevant crit chance. It’s not a fun GC.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I can't even touch T5-7 with BH but I managed the 30 crits by getting it down to just JKL/HY versus Shaak and spamming event modifier and basics to keep Luke healed. Stun occasionally to take a break. Took about 5 minutes.

Still hate the GR GCs
  • Options
    GR GC's on Kamino... my least favorites lol

GR modifier is completely unfair and the fact that you get your HP and protection reduced, but their is either too goddamn high or is not reduced at all, it's even more unfair

I mean, they are suppoused to have their stats reduced 80%, yet they're as strong as any other GC's enemies lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    As usual, tier 4 with Bounty Hunters is a cake walk and tier 5 is silly hard. When a ramp is almost vertical, that's called "a wall".

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I always wanted a game mode where all my relic levels and mods were completely pointless. This is just the GC for me. Great work CG. 👍

because people are still beating it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Well, the statement is also like when relics were first released

"Players are enjoying them! Look at the numbers of how many of them have relic'd up their characters!"

Well yeah, if you don't, you don't progress lol
    Same here with GC
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    mariogsh wrote: »

Well, the statement is also like when relics were first released

"Players are enjoying them! Look at the numbers of how many of them have relic'd up their characters!"

Well yeah, if you don't, you don't progress lol
    Same here with GC

Ah I didn't realize every single one is hated by everyone suddenly. My bad.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Also, the "Proving Grounds" modifier/Superiority Training mechanic in GC is extremely unfun. I'd be in favor of feeding it to the Rancor please.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options

TVF back at it again with his "git gud" comments.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »

Try again. I haven't even played it yet but I can assure you I won't be getting the red box with my sad BH. And that's fine.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Very much in agreement about the GR modifier and resulting frustrations. My BH are ok, but only G12 (except Bossk at R5) so I didn’t expect best crate.

I don’t know where I saw it, could be another thread, but Padme on T5 got me the 30 crits. Then with T7 undersized win and T4 BH win was enough for me to earn T6 crate on this one. Good enough. Glad to be done playing it 😂.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »

Try again. I haven't even played it yet but I can assure you I won't be getting the red box with my sad BH. And that's fine.

So what? That doesn't change the fact that some modifiers are bad.
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My BHs are r7 (Bossk, Boba, Jango, Mando, Greef). With the right rng of character abilities used, I have been able to clear tier 7 with all five and leaving out Jango. It has taken about 2 hours of attempts, though. Literally 2 hours of going into the same battle over and over again. I still don't know how I can survive long enough to get 30 crits.

Pro tip, though: when Mando disintegrates an enemy, he looses almost all his health. However, if you target Rex or Echo, Fives will die but no damage is reflected back at Mando.

EDIT: So, about 3 hours to get all the feats. Bounty Hunters are my strongest squad, so that's what I had to use for the critical hits. I used Bossk lead. The first step was to fulfill the contract so I could take out Fives by disintegrating Rex. This worked best if Shaak Ti attacked with her basic as the opening move, which allowed Bossk to shoot his net at Echo, who was usually weekest. I then used the trainig ability until it was Greef's turn. If Fives had taunted by Greef's turn, I aborted the mission. If he used the special training ability instead of attacking, he didn't have taunt so Greef could call all bounty hunters to hit Echo and fulfill the contract. I continued using the special ability whenever it was available. I tried not to taunt with Bossk unless I knew a bounty hunter would take the next turn. Otherwise Ahsoka usually assists and removed frenzy. When it was Mando's turn, he disintegrated Rex and Fives died in his captain's place.

With Fives down, I focused everything on Rex. Again, I used the special training ability whenever it was available. After Rex, I went for Ahsoka.

With Shaak Ti and Echo remaining, I tried to stall so that Shaak Ti could heal the two of them while I used basic abilities. At this point in the battle, I usually swept the floor with them because I had 2 or 3 stacks of superiority (which I wanted for the crit chance, but it also boosts offense). The time I got Going Critical was lucky because Shaak Ti had 6 stacks of superiority, so she could take anything my BHs dished out. At one point, I decided to not disintegrate her and wait until Mando's next turn, just to make sure I got all my crits. Mando never got another turn; he was slain by the murderous Shaak Ti. I started sweating because I couldn't deal a lot of damage through her 12 stacks of superiority, but a well-timed Execute from Boba, followed immediatel by Jango's Shrapnel Blast, sealed the Jedi's fate.

So, yeah, everything has to go just right to get these feats. What a grind!
    Post edited by Budgernaut on