Yoda stunned with foresight on...

XCOM
250 posts Member
Any of you guys seen that before... Happened in GW... Didn't even remove the foresight...

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Negative status effects are being applied through foresight. The same can happen with speed down from Phasma or Fives for example.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    One more reason to make BM Yoda's opening move...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    One more reason to make BM Yoda's opening move...

This. BM is usually my opening move for the day as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Paging @CG_RyDiggs :p

I'd be curious to hear from a Dev of this is a bug or intended. Currently if you use an assist ability on a toon with foresight, both attacks will be evaded. I'm going to assume that the effect is a secondary roll that is determined independently from the success of the to-hit roll. If that's the case why is it being treated differently than the assist attacks? Are the effects intended to get through foresight?
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Also, should foresight remain?
  • Options
    The mechanic seems to be the same as what my FOST does: the attack misses (dodge), but speed down is applied anyway. Win for me, but doesn't make sense. It is consistent with the idea that the effect is treated as a second attack applied independently.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The mechanic seems to be the same as what my FOST does: the attack misses (dodge), but speed down is applied anyway. Win for me, but doesn't make sense. It is consistent with the idea that the effect is treated as a second attack applied independently.

Except that's not how assist attacks are treated in the same instance. If an assist is called on a target with foresight, they will both be evaded 100% of the time despite also counting as independent attacks (which is why one can hit and the other can be evaded when being used against a target without foresight).
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

Except that's not how assist attacks are treated in the same instance. If an assist is called on a target with foresight, they with both be evaded 100% of the time.

I've noticed that but usually it's such a mess during those scenes/situations usually unclear if anything has actually landed... Nice to know...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Definately a bug. Hopefully will be fixed with the Stun/assist & dodge bug.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Currently if you use an assist ability on a toon with foresight, both attacks will be evaded.

I don't believe this is always the case. Unless something has changed very recently, I believe the second assist can hit, it's just that the foresight icon remains until the attack animation is complete.

EDIT: It's possible that this has varying behavior for different assists, since a QGJ assist behaves slightly different than an 86 assist.

• Options
    There is all sorts of weirdness with foresight now, since it is now possible to evade secondary effects. It seems like what is happening is that the damage part is evaded, foresight gone, and then the stun can get through.

In a related issue it's now possible to remove foresight on your opponent just from a non-damage taunt from Poe, for one example (the foresight resists the expose and/or turn meter).
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

The mechanic has 2 versions currently applying:

1.) For original characters at the time of release (excluding few situational characters such as Vader using basic on Jedi, which falls into the second category): Any action that deals physical damage in addition to applying a debuff - if the physical hit is evaded, the debuff will automatically miss. Any action that doesn't deal physical damage, yet applies debuffs (i.e. Old Ben's special) - all debuffs roll against both evasion and tenacity now (evasion first, then tenacity). If it has multiple debuffs, they roll independently (so Old Ben's special rolls Offense Down against evasion then rolls against tenacity, and then his Ability Block rolls against both as well).

2.). Newer characters (TFA and after, including Vader's basic vs. Jedi, possibly excluding Poe and a few others due to being re-worked, and also including HK-47's special): Damage Dealing actions that also apply debuffs - the physical damage rolls against evasion, then, regardless of whether or not the physical attack landed the debuff rolls against tenacity (? Only? Possibly evasion as well, but it's a LOT of rolls to consider, since I'm primarily going by Phasma's Fusillade, which is AoE) to determine whether or not it gets applied. If it's a non damage-dealing action with a debuff (only 2 of the newer characters have this, Poe and Grievous), it appears to function like non damaging debuffs in the first batch, but neither of the characters have multiple debuffs attached to it.

Group 2's bracket might actually be composed of SOME characters that don't have a guaranteed chance for their ability to apply the debuff, but this isn't true for all of them (i.e. Anakin - his basic has a chance to apply multiple debuffs. I've used him A LOT, and I've never noticed either of his debuffs applying if the damage was evaded) so... It's a bit confusing.

Turn-meter reduction, however, is the exception to both mechanic rules, however, as turn-meter reduction bypasses both evasion and tenacity rolls (basically, their chance to occur is based purely upon their fixed rate to apply). With one character as the possible exception: Teebo (basic from stealth, and 3rd special). All other characters with a turn-meter reduction have been applying it regardless of whether or not the target evades, and it doesn't cause any resistance rolls.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Currently if you use an assist ability on a toon with foresight, both attacks will be evaded.

I don't believe this is always the case. Unless something has changed very recently, I believe the second assist can hit, it's just that the foresight icon remains until the attack animation is complete.

EDIT: It's possible that this has varying behavior for different assists, since a QGJ assist behaves slightly different than an 86 assist.

Im always welcome to being proven wrong. But of this I'm certain. If you use assist on a toon with foresight they will both miss.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Im always welcome to being proven wrong. But of this I'm certain. If you use assist on a toon with foresight they will both miss.

Correct. With an exception: bonus attacks. Abilities that call for an assist both roll against foresight being active. Bonus attacks, however, roll seperately and the follow-up attack(s) behave as if foresight expired from the initial attack.

Also, if Grievous (or Vader against Jedi) are called upon to assist, the basic will bypass evasion (and foresight) and counter-attack (not true for Vader). @Telaan