Bad Batch S1:E13 Chat (SPOILERS)

Pariah_Anchorite
836 posts Member
edited July 2021
I liked this episode. Good story, I like seeing the Pyke, didn’t seem to forward the over-arching story, but given the pseudo-spoilers we received with the Road Ahead (I could be wrong), I like the background

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    another sidequest filler episode
    lame and boring
    starting to dislike the show
    just my 2 cents
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    It was okay, not too great though. Though I feel that it will have some meaning in the future of this series.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Granolo
    214 posts Member
    Options
    I liked it for a filler episode, I didn't minded about that at first.

But when I realized we have only 3 episodes left for the ending of the season, it bothered me a little. I feel we still dont know where this season is going yet, what's the main arc.
  • Options
    First episode was amazing. Nothing special after it. Best this show has to offer is the back story off the begining off the Empire/Rebellion and certain characters. BB seems to be supporting act in their own show.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Options
    Granolo wrote: »

But when I realized we have only 3 episodes left for the ending of the season, it bothered me a little. I feel we still dont know where this season is going yet, what's the main arc.

Probably they dont know it too.
    The war ends, republic is no more, they (BB) are struggling to figure out what should they do now.
  • Options
    The last few episodes are clearly revolving around Omega's character development. I think her moral compass will play an important role in S2. It's comparable with the way The Mandalorian his character evolves in someone who actually cares about the child.

So, I hope for a good, intense last two episodes. E14 probably will be another filler with 1 or 2 key moments.

All in all the show is nice to watch and follows the pace and structure of Rebels S1.
  • Brotherius
    201 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Granolo wrote: »

It seems with C I D (why is this censored?) and now this episode they’re going to run into crime boss Maul. I bet that’s how this season ends
  • Options
    @ Brotherius

Encountering Maul also makes sense out of the Conquest toon: they're taking advantage of the crossover publicity. This makes me think that you're right.

As for my opinion of this episode more generally? I didn't really like it. I find the Pykes too menacing to start with to make their easy lack of punishment once they have the "spice" believable. Threatening people with weapons, holding people hostage, these are crimes. Serious crimes. I found it hard to believe that they would be willing to do this at the drop of a hat to people uninvolved in their business based on the unverified accusation of someone who is already in their bad graces (and thus has motive to make things up). But, once I suspend my disbelief and accept that they're willing to accept as true anything someone with a motive to lie has to say AND use any unverified thing that person who is motivated to lie has to say as sufficient basis to commit serious, violent crimes, THEN the live and let live attitude at the end makes no sense at all.

In short: the Pykes were terrible villains. They make whimsical, inscrutable decisions. They frankly seem like they would be terrible at running a business, even (or perhaps especially) a black market business. Yet running a business is exactly what they're supposed to be doing.

Frankly, I have no idea how the Pyke Syndicate survived long enough to be known, much less feared, across any significant stretch of the galaxy. They're terrible at this.
  • Options
    My only complaint was that this was a filler episode. Unless the pykes, durand or the Irlings will be important later.

One of the most consistently disliked things in the entire history of animated shows is unfulfilling fillers (heh).
  • Options
    It was ok. Not the best. Hopefully we don't see the Batch turn to smuggling spice.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Finally watched it. The episode was fine, not great, not horrible. Personally I was excited that the parlor had been taken over and C.id was maybe out of the show. I’m ready for the BB to go out on their own (be more than “hired” guns, henchmen for some random boss). Frankly, C.id is holding BB hostage through blackmail, so I don’t really care what happens to her. She tries to play the “at least someone cares 😢” card and I’m just thinking, “Eh go fly a kite C.id.” She’s not a good person and anything that befalls her is just karma or of her own making. She’s honestly driving the BB down in moral character.

Totally agree on the Pykes, they aren’t scary. Ahsoka and the sisters (forget their names because I didn’t care for them) escaped a stronghold back in CW. Then here they simply let everyone go?! I mean C.id seemed quite terrified, but just blast them all. Pykes send more thugs? Blast them They send more? Blast them. The BB could take out droid platoons and tanks themselves (as seen in the first episode), so I’m just not scared of anything the Pykes have to dish out. Eventually the Pykes would just stop sending thugs because they would realize there’s some things not worth the cost.

Idk, the more I think about it, the less I liked this episode. I hope the BB aren’t simply relegated to working for a criminal who has them under her employ via blackmail for much longer.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Finally watched it. The episode was fine, not great, not horrible. Personally I was excited that the parlor had been taken over and C.id was maybe out of the show. I’m ready for the BB to go out on their own (be more than “hired” guns, henchmen for some random boss). Frankly, C.id is holding BB hostage through blackmail, so I don’t really care what happens to her. She tries to play the “at least someone cares 😢” card and I’m just thinking, “Eh go fly a kite C.id.” She’s not a good person and anything that befalls her is just karma or of her own making. She’s honestly driving the BB down in moral character.

Totally agree on the Pykes, they aren’t scary. Ahsoka and the sisters (forget their names because I didn’t care for them) escaped a stronghold back in CW. Then here they simply let everyone go?! I mean C.id seemed quite terrified, but just blast them all. Pykes send more thugs? Blast them They send more? Blast them. The BB could take out droid platoons and tanks themselves (as seen in the first episode), so I’m just not scared of anything the Pykes have to dish out. Eventually the Pykes would just stop sending thugs because they would realize there’s some things not worth the cost.

Idk, the more I think about it, the less I liked this episode. I hope the BB aren’t simply relegated to working for a criminal who has them under her employ via blackmail for much longer.

Good points, though we don't know everything at the Pykes disposal yet. I wonder if the plot point for C.id is that the Batch would eventually have to go against her and take the moral high road. Maybe they will eventually have to chose the rebellion or C.id. dunno.